Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 03:40 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yes he did think his brother was a loser. Insightful. Maybe his feelings towards his brother have colored his feelings towards serving?

Eta: I just did some research and there are absolutely no veterans in the Trump paternal family tree. Zero.

But they did make some nice profit off of building and managing army barracks. Does that count as service?
I'm sure in his mind it does. He said that his buildings were his great sacrifice when challenged by a gold star father.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=41015051

Old 09-05-2020, 03:48 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm sure in his mind it does. He said that his buildings were his great sacrifice when challenged by a gold star father.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=41015051
I’d also like to add that those buildings used to house military personnel were financed through low interest FHA government subsidized loans making it even more profitable. Such tremendous sacrifice by the Trump family. True patriots.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:50 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Sleepy Joe has done what exactly? Heels up Harris? Nobody wants to be drafted. If these two are such staunch military supporters why didn't they sign up and do their service? Probably cause they're lying sacks of excrement like 99% of politicians but they sure have you fooled.
^^^^^ Irrelevant.

Plenty of people critcizing Trump about the issues that poster raised aren't Democrats.

Criticizing Trump doesn't make someone a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 09-05-2020, 04:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Trump is a total scumbag. The Democrats should take a hard look at themselves and ask how they managed to lose to him.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:03 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
You know the media are dishonest and not about reporting the news when there are zero news articles incorporating then-Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders' (who was in France and with the president when these alleged remarks were made) September 3rd on-the-record Tweet vigorously denying that the president ever made such statements. In short, the media are going out of the way to report on official, on-the-record statements that go against the narrative being presented here, which (regardless of whether you want to believe the anonymous sources or not) should trouble us all.

As I've stated, anonymous statements will NEVER be more credible to me than official, on-the-record statements.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:13 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You know the media are dishonest and not about reporting the news when there are zero news articles incorporating then-Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders' (who was in France and with the president when these alleged remarks were made) September 3rd on-the-record Tweet vigorously denying that the president ever made such statements. In short, the media are going out of the way to report on official, on-the-record statements that go against the narrative being presented here, which (regardless of whether you want to believe the anonymous sources or not) should trouble us all.

As I've stated, anonymous statements will NEVER be more credible to me than official, on-the-record statements.
Sarah Sanders lies so much she can't even call her dog. I'd view her denial as an affirmative.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:16 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sarah Sanders lies so much she can't even call her dog. I'd view her denial as an affirmative.
That's a rather unhinged rebuttal. But, to play this game, you don't even know who the anonymous sources are and yet are willing to buy into them. Before Huckabee Sanders' statement, for all we know the anonymous source could have been her, which by your logic would mean that the opposite would have been true. But you're still willing to give credence to them Something tells me that you believe that anyone who has worked for the administration is a liar, which is even more humorous.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:30 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
That's a rather unhinged rebuttal. But, to play this game, you don't even know who the anonymous sources are and yet are willing to buy into them. Before Huckabee Sanders' statement, for all we know the anonymous source could have been her, which by your logic would mean that the opposite would have been true. But you're still willing to give credence to them Something tells me that you believe that anyone who has worked for the administration is a liar, which is even more humorous.
I know that three other news gathering organizations independently confirmed the statements with their sources. Whether they were the same sources Jeffrey Goldberg quoted or not is irrelevant, because Trump could have easily made the comments on more than one occasion with different people in the room. The statements stand on their own lack of merit. I'm willing to place a wager on two of the sources being Kelly and Mattis.

All of the people who work for the administration may not be liars, but every press secretary Trump has had, Spicer, Sanders, Conway, and McEnany, are all inveterate sequential liars who can be easily fact checked.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:40 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Tomorrow, the LEFT WING MSM will be outraged that Trump brushed his teeth too long.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:42 AM

59,054 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:

Even Bolton ,who was THERE, no Trump lover, came out and said it NEVER WAS SAID by Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies