Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 08:48 PM

500 posts, read 319,095 times

Advertisements

OP, are you paid by the amount of words or the amount of posts? And how much?

I won't ask just who is paying you, because we already know the answer to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 08:51 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
It seems plenty of "refuting" has taken place in this thread. Somebody seems to be in denial.

We are battling for our nation, against an obvious communist foe, in our streets, as a hijacked political party, aligned with those communists support them.......OPENLY.

Support for communist/totalitarian regimes might be expected to fall upon deaf ears.

Just sayin'

CN
so you either didn't watch the video, or are admitting that you're ok with believing lies.

answer this simple yes/no question.
is it possible that the media is lying and/or biased (or has been fed lies by the CIA)?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:51 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Well, I visited the Soviet Union in 1976. It was much, much worse than I expected. And I had a clue from folks that traveled there prior to 1976.

The HORROR that is Communism is unimaginable for those that have never lived it.

In my case, I spoke the language so was able to talk to people and see the conditions they lived under. Living in a poor country is ok....living in a Communist country is like 1984 and Animal Farm rolled together. The oppression of humans in the Soviet Union was unbelievable even in 1976!!

My parents lived under Lenin and Stalin, before being taken as slaves to work for the Nazi's in Germany during WWII.

They PREFERRED living in Germany as SLAVES to living under Communisim.

Read the book Bloodlands that was written about life in Belarus and Ukraine between 1917 and 1947. Communist death camps to kill Jews, Poles, and anybody else. The Communists brought in Muslins as guards to do the killing and then when the camps were closed......they killed the Muslin guards. Read the book, even thought it is published by a New York Times writer.

I bet you cannot read it without getting sick or being able to read more than a couple of chapters at a time due to horror.

OK, on a more serious note, for a person that LIVED there back at that time (1976 that is,) I found homeless shelters in US ( be that hypothermia shelters or center for homeless in New York,) and the conditions in Black ghettos to be shocking.

I can tell you that much.

P.S. That is not to say that Soviet system was not oppressive - of course it was, but it was not the horror in the 70ies that the poster above is trying to describe.

Not sure what "muslins" he/she is talking about, but tales about someone "preferring to live in Hitler's Germany" during WWII instead of Soviet Union is quite telling.

Now when it comes to Stalin's times, I bet America during dust bowl and great depression was not a rose garden either.

So let's get real here.

Last edited by erasure; 09-03-2020 at 09:17 PM..

Old 09-03-2020, 08:55 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
OP, are you paid by the amount of words or the amount of posts? And how much?

I won't ask just who is paying you, because we already know the answer to that.
i'd like to know too because I haven't gotten the money deposited into my account. maybe you can send them a reminder for me.

and do they pay me when I make pro-US posts and conservative posts too?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Both Stalin, and Mao were very darn bad. They were nominally Communist. Things greatly improved after both perish for their respective countries.

I never believed Cuba is all that bad despite the whole Elian Gonzalez debacle. Sure there are some people who are discontented with their lives and want a new beginning, but that happens in Capitalist countries.
Before Communism, most land and sugar cane production was owned by US corporations.

Corruption was rampant.

Racism was palatable.

The US mafia controlled gaming and drug trafficking.

Batista was a US puppet dictator, one of many around the world.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:01 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i'd like to know too because I haven't gotten the money deposited into my account. maybe you can send them a reminder for me.

and do they pay me when I make pro-US posts and conservative posts too?
Your earnings will be distributed according to other's needs.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I am so glad Democrats used Youtube as their basis for proving communism is wonderful.... /End sarcasm

Old 09-03-2020, 09:11 PM

6,660 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Your earnings will be distributed according to other's needs.
according to the all mighty dictator's opinion of what other's need that is.

This thread is cancer.

delete it.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:13 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
The op is a commie wumao!!

Old 09-03-2020, 09:13 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If communism was so wonderful then why have all of the communist countries given up on it?
Not the best response because you could say the same about capitalism; why did so many countries give up on it and turn to communism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies