Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump release his tax returns
Yes he should be transparent with the American people 28 35.90%
No he shouldn't none of our business. 50 64.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 02:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
That he owes money to Putin or other Russian oligarchs would be important, yes.

If he did, then maybe he’d look the other way as Russians kill our troops, poison journalists, interfere in our elections, etc... he might just not do anything about those things kinds of things if he was compromised.

Of course another strategy might be to dig a hole in the ground and stick your head in it. Then his taxes wouldn’t matter.
You would not know or be able to find any of that out from a tax return.
You would just know what he grossed and what he netted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 02:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
The Left Wing Envy Machine was revving up, in anticipation of disclosure of Trump's tax info.
That's lame, if that's all they have to stir up excitement in the ranks.

Of course, there's nothing in the Left wing / Democrat / BLM / Antifa platform that supports Creator endowed / inherent / inalienable rights that include natural rights, natural and personal liberty, absolute ownership of private property, etc. Why? Because their philosophy can be summed up as ABOLITION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY, with all property collectively owned and administered by the benevolent totalitarian STATE.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:55 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why do we need to see Trump's tax returns? Who cares but the Left?
Here's some things Trump himself said about the issue.

Quote:
January 2012 - Romney was slow to release his returns, so Trump said that "Releasing the returns is a great thing because it lets a person prove you’ve been successful, and that you’ve made a lot of money."

May 2014 - “If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns. Absolutely. I would love to do that."

April 2015 - “I want to tell you right now I have no problem with giving my tax returns."

April 2011 - “Maybe I’m going to do the tax returns when Obama does his birth certificate. I’d love to give my tax returns. I may tie my tax returns into Obama’s birth certificate."

January 2012 - Romney was slow to release his returns, so Trump had this to say; "Releasing the returns is a great thing because it lets a person prove you’ve been successful, and that you’ve made a lot of money."
Maybe he should release his returns to prove to us that he's a man of his word.

(As if that would ever happen! )

Old 09-05-2020, 12:52 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Biden has released 21 years of Tax turns and is challenging Trump to do the same. Wouldn't it stick it to the libs releasing your returns and it all turns out to be a nothing burger?

Fighting tooth and nail to hide his returns and financial records looks very suspicious that he has something to hide perhaps even incriminating.

I know most Trump supporters could care less I think being transparent would earn him some grace with independents and moderates who think hes up to no good already just my2cents.
Is it a standing joke that Trump will release his tax papers? Of course he won't.

Trump Hotel in Vancouver BC declared bankruptcy.

Sure, he'll wiggle out of it, but hey, what's up with the USA president's failing business ventures in other countries? Buildings with his name and brand are declaring financial failure, as usual.

Does that say something about Trump's ability to manage finances?

Old 09-05-2020, 01:26 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why do we need to see Trump's tax returns? Who cares but the Left? What do they hope to find? That Putin gave him some money? That he didn't give much to charity?

No matter what is on there we know that the Lefty media will use it as a weapon against him.

If he took advantage of every single tax loop hole they will pound away that he did not pay his fair share.
If he overpaid they will laugh at him like he is some kind of fool.

They will find something to attack him on so why bother?

Remember when Bernie said in a debate with Hillary "enough with the damn Emails"? Well her court ordered subpoenaed Emails were something we should have seen and still should. Can we get Bernie to stand up again and say "enough with the damn taxes" for Trump?

His taxes are none of our business. We know what Biden has Legally made feeding at the public trough for near 50 years so who cares that he released his taxes?
His tax returns were none of our business until he promised to release them. They then became everyone's business.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Here's some things Trump himself said about the issue.

Maybe he should release his returns to prove to us that he's a man of his word.

(As if that would ever happen! )

(I read your post above after my previous post)

Old 09-05-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
With the State of New York doing their own little witch hunt, can Donald Trump legally release them to the public? Is it allowed? Is it advisable with an ongoing court case? I kinda wonder if that's part of the entire strategy: Make it legally impossible for Trump to offer up an October surprise by releasing his tax returns.

As always, I would ask the OP the obvious: If the IRS already has every single Trump tax return, and has had them since way before Trump was even considering running for president, what great earthshattering "gotcha" do the Democrats hope to uncover? The one tax return that was illegally leaked (not sure why somebody didn't go to jail for that one) just showed that Trump makes a lot of money and pays a lot of taxes.

It seems to me that releasing your tax returns is a political game: If you are a career politician, you have meticulously prettied up your tax returns to make you look good. Kinda like a resume. But for the rest of us mere mortals, that's a foreign concept. We pay as little taxes as possible and tend to despise the IRS more and more over the years. So outsiders enter the political world at a huge disadvantage. Makes it hard to enter their world if you haven't been a politician all your life. The Good Ole Boys Club keeps everyone else out.
I'm not the OP, but.....

People who aren't Democrats think he should release them.

He should release them because he promised that he would. Period.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The Left Wing Envy Machine was revving up, in anticipation of disclosure of Trump's tax info.
That's lame, if that's all they have to stir up excitement in the ranks.

Of course, there's nothing in the Left wing / Democrat / BLM / Antifa platform that supports Creator endowed / inherent / inalienable rights that include natural rights, natural and personal liberty, absolute ownership of private property, etc. Why? Because their philosophy can be summed up as ABOLITION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY, with all property collectively owned and administered by the benevolent totalitarian STATE.
No matter where on the political spectrum, anyone who has enough in life, and who was brought up with love and laughter in addition to discipline, would never be envious of Trump.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:19 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,516 times
Trump repeatedly promised he would release his tax returns over the years. Doing so is transparent and honest. Every other President since Nixon did. Those are all reasons why. Is Trump an honest man, true to his word and reasonably transparent?

Old 09-05-2020, 08:26 AM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
No it just makes him look guilty like he has something to hide Biden should make an issue of it. The more he hides the more people assume its incriminating.
Not to anyone who has been paying attention the last 4 years and understands anything about tax returns. Apparently most Democrats are completely ignorant about taxes, despite having to file themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies