Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump release his tax returns
Yes he should be transparent with the American people 28 35.90%
No he shouldn't none of our business. 50 64.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I still dont understand why anyone cares about this. Im sure people have there reasons and thats fine but when push comes to shove, if tax returns play such an important role; I am more concerned with the tax returns of someone that became wealthy while in office than someone who came into office that was already wealthy.
"I still dont understand why anyone cares about this" the vast majority on yhe left couldn't understand them even if he released them. It take the EXPERTS at the IRS over a year to go through all of them and the left thinks they are like the IRS short form!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
He's the first POTUS candidate not to show them since Nixon...He should show them and show true transparency but I doubt he will.
Where is the LAW that says he HAS TO?

I though the left was FOR obeying the LAWS. Guess NOT!

You sound the little kid, "but mommy, all the others are doing it!"

Old 09-05-2020, 10:08 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
He's the first POTUS candidate not to show them since Nixon...He should show them and show true transparency but I doubt he will.
Since Nixon? No. Ford never showed his actual taxes, he just gave an overview.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Here's some things Trump himself said about the issue.

Maybe he should release his returns to prove to us that he's a man of his word.

(As if that would ever happen! )
Didn't bother you when obama said you can keep your doctor, you can keep your insurance policy, it is not a tax, every American will SAVE $2,500 a year but, shovel ready jobs, it was the video, etc., but NOW!

Or when bill clinton went on national TV and lied through his teeth, I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, or hillary, my helicopter was shot at, I did NOT have classified materiel on my private server, it was the video, etc. but, NOW....!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:11 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Liberals never learn too, I guess. First it will be their tax returns. Then it will be ours.

The income tax is breach of privacy. If there is wrong doing then what exactly is the IRS even doing? Sounds to me like da gubermnet is not even working. What say you , oh "liberty" loving liberals?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Another request for transparency by the people that Sledge hammer their cellphones and Hard drives

Old 09-05-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Is it a standing joke that Trump will release his tax papers? Of course he won't.

Trump Hotel in Vancouver BC declared bankruptcy.

Sure, he'll wiggle out of it, but hey, what's up with the USA president's failing business ventures in other countries? Buildings with his name and brand are declaring financial failure, as usual.

Does that say something about Trump's ability to manage finances?
"what's up with the USA president's failing business ventures", what's up with ALL of his successes.

It is NOT uncommon for businessmen to take RISKS, Some fail and some succeed.

Turing a few MILLION into BILLIONS is a sign MORE succeed then failed.

NOT having experienced any of these yourself, what right do you have to criticize lonesome else's successes and failures? Or have you?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm not the OP, but.....

People who aren't Democrats think he should release them.

He should release them because he promised that he would. Period.
" because he promised" I NEVER heard him say, I promise"

If I say, I am going to the store, is that promise? NO! Is it a lie? NO, because I could have changed my mind or other more important things to me came up.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I have to think there is absolutely something in those tax returns that Trump doesn't want us to know or he would release them.

But he won't .........and who cares......and the lack of transparency supports the coastal elitist Trump who thinks rules and norms don't apply to him.
"I have to think.." Why? What REAL info do you have to support such a claim other then you don't like him?

TDS is TRULY a metal disease!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I have to think.." Why? What REAL info do you have to support such a claim other then you don't like him?

TDS is TRULY a metal disease!
Wow -- you are ranting and raging all over this thread -- as if it is you personally under attack and I have TDS..

Why would he say he would and then change his mind?

Come on --- I'll listen to an explanation.

I think it works against him NOT to release them so I think it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies