Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump release his tax returns
Yes he should be transparent with the American people 28 35.90%
No he shouldn't none of our business. 50 64.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 09:54 AM

6,100 posts, read 2,721,277 times

Advertisements

Biden has released 21 years of Tax turns and is challenging Trump to do the same. Wouldn't it stick it to the libs releasing your returns and it all turns out to be a nothing burger?

Fighting tooth and nail to hide his returns and financial records looks very suspicious that he has something to hide perhaps even incriminating.

I know most Trump supporters could care less I think being transparent would earn him some grace with independents and moderates who think hes up to no good already just my2cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 10:13 AM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
It is just fodder for the Democrats to make up lies about everything in there. I wouldn't do it. If you still believe the lies the Democrats tell about him after all the false alarms, there's no hope for you.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It is just fodder for the Democrats to make up lies about everything in there. I wouldn't do it. If you still believe the lies the Democrats tell about him after all the false alarms, there's no hope for you.
No it just makes him look guilty like he has something to hide Biden should make an issue of it. The more he hides the more people assume its incriminating.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:39 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Why do we need to see Trump's tax returns? Who cares but the Left? What do they hope to find? That Putin gave him some money? That he didn't give much to charity?

No matter what is on there we know that the Lefty media will use it as a weapon against him.

If he took advantage of every single tax loop hole they will pound away that he did not pay his fair share.
If he overpaid they will laugh at him like he is some kind of fool.

They will find something to attack him on so why bother?

Remember when Bernie said in a debate with Hillary "enough with the damn Emails"? Well her court ordered subpoenaed Emails were something we should have seen and still should. Can we get Bernie to stand up again and say "enough with the damn taxes" for Trump?

His taxes are none of our business. We know what Biden has Legally made feeding at the public trough for near 50 years so who cares that he released his taxes?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:42 AM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
My tax returns are no one else's business. Why should Trump's be?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why do we need to see Trump's tax returns? Who cares but the Left? What do they hope to find? That Putin gave him some money? That he didn't give much to charity?

No matter what is on there we know that the Lefty media will use it as a weapon against him.

If he took advantage of every single tax loop hole they will pound away that he did not pay his fair share.
If he overpaid they will laugh at him like he is some kind of fool.

They will find something to attack him on so why bother?

Remember when Bernie said in a debate with Hillary "enough with the damn Emails"? Well her court ordered subpoenaed Emails were something we should have seen and still should. Can we get Bernie to stand up again and say "enough with the damn taxes" for Trump?

His taxes are none of our business. We know what Biden has Legally made feeding at the public trough for near 50 years so who cares that he released his taxes?
If Biden refused to release his returns would you be saying the same thing?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:44 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That he owes money to Putin or other Russian oligarchs would be important, yes.

If he did, then maybe he’d look the other way as Russians kill our troops, poison journalists, interfere in our elections, etc... he might just not do anything about those things kinds of things if he was compromised.

Of course another strategy might be to dig a hole in the ground and stick your head in it. Then his taxes wouldn’t matter.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:46 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,291,593 times
This poll is an indicator of just how much in the tank that this forum is for Trump. It’s totally out of line with the sentiments of the general public.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,500 times
I really don't know what the big deal about his tax returns is. I hate the dude, but it's not like he'd have Schedule Illegal Gainings/Money Laundering in his tax return. Seems like a lot of hoopla about nothing. Sure, maybe he doesn't make as much as he claims. Who cares?

Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I would argue the reluctance to be transparent is actually furthering speculation/lies.

The best way to address the speculation/lies is to put them to rest...

Honestly, I don't think there is anything in them that will implicate Trump. It will only show his true net worth which is probably a hit to his own ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies