Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 05:27 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Aren't we being melodramatic today ... ? The housing management is within its rights to ask you to wear a mask while in the common areas of the building. I doubt you're being held prisoner in your apartment.

Exactly. I don't know anyone who's enjoying this, either. I miss my co-workers. I haven't seen my siblings and their families since Christmas - they have elderly family members living with them and I don't want to risk their health. Wearing a mask isn't much fun at all, but I wear one when I go into stores and other public places, and the common areas of my office. But I do all these things to do what little part I can play in getting the virus under control.

People making masks. I bought mine from a lovely woman in California whose family operates a fabric business. Manufacturers of PPE. Instacart, Grubhub, et al are doing a booming business, no doubt. Surely you're not begrudging them their ability to ... what is the latest buzzword ... pivot?

No doubt you have plenty of evidence to back up this irrational little rant.

Shhhh ... Don't go talking common sense here! You'll just confuse people.

Because he's an idiot?

Except that the measures that were taken were half assed and not wholly complied with. We didn't try hard enough, and this is the result. We are enjoying the results of the effort we have put into reducing transmission of the disease. We should have been done with this by July at the very latest.

Wow, what an ugly post. But a mask can't cover up the ugly on the inside.

Exactly. The flu vaccine isn't 100% effective either, but it's effective and it does help reduce the severity of the illness if you contract it anyway. A Covid-19 vaccine that acted in the same way would be a blessing.

So what exactly is the endgame when it comes to the virus?

Zero infections and deaths?

Because that seems to be an impossible goal thus meaning restrictions will be kept permanent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 05:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The same “medical experts” that said mass protests over “racism” were OK?

Any weddings, birthday parties, graduation ceremonies, or any large group gatherings that occur from now onwards will require a giant BLM sign and all attendees who can speak to shout in unison "BLACK LIVES MATTER" every half hour throughout the duration of the event. That will guarantee that no Covid will be spread during the event.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:45 PM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Aren't we being melodramatic today ... ? The housing management is within its rights to ask you to wear a mask while in the common areas of the building. I doubt you're being held prisoner in your apartment.
It isn't within the common areas. It's within 25 feet of the building, which is the whole building and outside the building. You have to wear a mask to even leave your apartment. You cannot sit or stand anywhere on the property without wearing a mask. You cannot go outside and get fresh air.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:50 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Even with the vaccine a lot of pro-mask people want masks to be permanent to avoid germs.
Go ahead. I have no objection to you wearing them.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Go ahead. I have no objection to you wearing them.
I never want to wear one.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:55 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
It’s sad what this China virus is doing to us. I went out to eat and everybody wears a mask. I’m afraid this is new normal for us.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s sad what this China virus is doing to us. I went out to eat and everybody wears a mask. I’m afraid this is new normal for us.
Most food places here are still curb pick up or drive thru only. Some of the places are requiring masks for the drive thru.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:00 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Except then this can be used as an excuse to keep COVID restrictions on place. Hell even if people take the vaccine you can still say “oh a vaccine isn’t 100% effective” to keep the restrictions in place
The one thing that will stop these tyrants is when some of them start losing their career politician jobs in future elections. That is really our best option.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:09 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Don’t want them to be permanent.

But not interested in a rushed Russian quality vaccine.

We didn’t really. We had a half***ed shutdown and everyone been doing their own thing.

If you wanted to really flatten the curve, it would of had to of been a organized shutdown with leadership at the federal level to organize. We didn’t have that.
100% false. The shutdown did what it was supposed to do. The point was never to make it 'go away'. You are wrong.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:11 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It isn't within the common areas. It's within 25 feet of the building, which is the whole building and outside the building. You have to wear a mask to even leave your apartment. You cannot sit or stand anywhere on the property without wearing a mask. You cannot go outside and get fresh air.
If you are living in subsidized housing perhaps you should be inside working on your resume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies