Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 06:07 PM

78,271 posts, read 60,492,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
If the state gets any wind of someone in the non-profit breaking the rules they can investigate. Civil actions aren’t necessary.
Kinda like that Saudi National in CA that illegally funneled money to political campaigns for Obama and a lot of other democrats for 10 years? Trump won the election, he made a big donation to the Trump's inaugeration and wham....one of the DA's (maybe LA?) with a (D) pounced on him with charges.

What funny timing after a decade of doing that eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 01:12 PM

28 posts, read 56,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They're a gun rights organization that works to keep the government from slapping laws on the millions of legal gun owners, often being scapegoated for politicians own failings.

Your location says Chicago, so your city and metro area (which I've lived in) has a murder rate 5x higher than the rest of the state (which I've lived in).

Weird how the more rural areas of IL and their gun ownership which is supposedly the problem....has a murder rate similar to Canada.

But don't worry, you just keep believing those politicians because blaming guns is a heckuva lot cheaper than helping those in poverty get away from the cycle of gangs\drugs\violence.

Buncha shootings? Oh...3..2...1.....peace march, it's the NRA's fault, stricter laws (lol, that will stop the gang bangers that commit 75% of the murders in Chicago, maybe make drugs illegal too, that'll stop them!)

P.S. I'd be curious to know if you have any diversity on the topic. Ever even shot a gun? Ever lived in a more rural area? Seems that a lot of people that preach diversity don't really practice it, they just want everyone else to agree with THEM.
I don't know why gun nuts can't seem to wrap this around their heads, but gun laws are either universal or utterly useless.

What's the point of cracking down in Chicago if everyone just goes next door? And the right doesn't even want common sense gun control (a lot don't even store them properly), so nothing will get done. Same old sh*t, different day. More dead kids, no comment from the gun lobby, you name it.

And it wouldn't matter if I had shot a weapon or not (or lived in a rural area; hunting aside, that's a moot point), but I have on both accounts. Hell, I'd even like to own a rifle for long-range shooting one day, but I'd much rather see stricter gun laws in the country (and not just a city or a state).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies