Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 07:10 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Majority of Americans wanted nothing to do with other countries' affairs, but because America is controlled by globalists, we Americans are supposed to be the world'world's battered women shelter?
I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 07:47 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, it is my argument. People who have no morals should be shamed not praised for breaking the law to supposedly needing to make a living. In a couple other posts I also admonished the users. Did you miss them? They however aren't poisoning others they are only poisoning themselves!
What???

The Impact of Drugs on Society
Children of individuals who abuse drugs often are abused or neglected as a result of the individuals' preoccupation with drugs.

The economic impact of drug abuse on businesses whose employees abuse drugs can be significant. While many drug abusers are unable to attain or hold full-time employment, those who do work put others at risk, particularly when employed in positions where even a minor degree of impairment could be catastrophic; [b]airline pilots, air traffic controllers, train operators, and bus drivers are just a few examples.

The economic consequences of drug abuse severely burden federal, state, and local government resources and, ultimately, the taxpayer.

In 2008, 15% of all patients admitted to hospitals had a substance addiction. Nearly 25% of money spent by Medicare is on inpatient treatment that is directly related to substance addiction.

Around 80% of prisoners incarcerated since 1985 are there because of a drug related offence. https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic...862/impact.htm

Old 09-07-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more.
We were globalist for the ONSET of our beginnings. The NEW world was US- and everybody on this planet came...

Old 09-07-2020, 08:06 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,746 times
The last thing we need to do in the USA is allow more freeloaders into the country when our veterans and other citizens are homeless, hungry, and need a job.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:09 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
I suppose my great grandparents and grandparents who immigrated here received government assistance in the form of 160 acres of land. I think the expectation is they work but it’s unreasonable to expect them not to need some help.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:03 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So none of them are aware of the huge largesse offered by the U.S. govt, state govts etc? Even though they know enough about the U.S. to make the decision that that's where they want to go? They have never run across the ideas of rent subsidies, free schooling K-12, EMTALA hospital emergency room visits they don't have to pay for, food stamp programs, Obamacare that everyone is required to sign up, with all its rebates etc.?

Do you have any evidence, links, to back up your opinion of this astonishing lack of knowledge by refugees?

Largess ? I guess you have not been to downtown DC or Minneapolis, or LA or SF or numerous other Democratic cities with huge homeless populations. Are all these homeless people too stupid to sign up for the loads of free stuff you claim is just waiting for people to claim or maybe you think it's all reserved for "refugees".

BTW my post simply said Refugees don't expect handouts - if you actually ever spoke with any you would know this to be true.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:15 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Largess ? I guess you have not been to downtown DC or Minneapolis, or LA or SF or numerous other Democratic cities with huge homeless populations. Are all these homeless people too stupid to sign up for the loads of free stuff you claim is just waiting for people to claim or maybe you think it's all reserved for "refugees".

BTW my post simply said Refugees don't expect handouts - if you actually ever spoke with any you would know this to be true.
Homeless Americans cannot receive the types of welfare handouts that refugees do. If that were true they wouldn't be homeless.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-in-10-years/

Old 09-07-2020, 05:21 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Homeless Americans cannot receive the types of welfare handouts that refugees do. If that were true they wouldn't be homeless.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-in-10-years/

No it wouldn't be true because what you claim is available is actually not.

Brietbart - there's a well vetted source for information. Maybe try OAN or Infowars for more supporting articles or maybe Russia Today has something on their website.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
The last thing we need to do in the USA is allow more freeloaders into the country when our veterans and other citizens are homeless, hungry, and need a job.
How do you differentiate those who come here for asylum and those who come here to freeload?

There's lots of reasons why people are homeless in America. As a veteran, I know very well why we have many veterans on the street. It has more to do with broken promises than immigration.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:24 PM

[quote=Oldglory;59106613]Homeless Americans cannot receive the types of welfare handouts that refugees do. If that were true they wouldn't be homeless.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-in-10-years/[/QUOTE

They have a sponsor. And the below -

All refugees arriving in the United States are entitled to 8 months of Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) from the date of their U.S. arrival. The RCA amounts vary based on the size of the family: Single person ($230/month), Family of 2 ($363/Month), Family of 3 ($485/month),
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies