Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 09:09 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,364,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Boogaloo Boys are right wing extremists who should now be classified as terrorists. There is nothing left wing about them. They want to overthrow the US government to have their own idea of a white-based government installed instead.

It's says in the article: Prosecutors say it is a case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. They were willing to team up with Hamas temporarily to help achieve their goal.

It all makes perfect sense.
If that's true-why are they teaming up with a group of violent, far-left terrorists to attack so-called "white supremacists"? The left has abandoned any sign of being able to comprehend reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 09:12 AM

8,354 posts, read 4,621,739 times
Hell I never heard of a boogaloo boy.

One problem with politics today - as a more general thing - is that I can’t keep up with the language of it one way or the other.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:15 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,433,120 times
Quote:
Boogaloo Boys are right wing extremists who should now be classified as terrorists. There is nothing left wing about them. They want to overthrow the US government to have their own idea of a white-based government installed instead.

It's says in the article: Prosecutors say it is a case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. They were willing to team up with Hamas temporarily to help achieve their goal.

You can call them “right wing” but they are not right wing in the traditional sense. These folks go well beyond white supremists. They are their own brand of right wing. Maybe they are more anarchists than anything?

Old 09-05-2020, 09:22 AM

6,458 posts, read 2,864,028 times
Bottom line, I am glad they caught these fools. The damage they could of caused is serious. And who knows how many more of these types are out there doing this.

But the whole what ideology 'owns' them, left or right is confusing as all hell.

This doesn't make sense. lol.

More info is needed.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:25 AM

37,908 posts, read 21,993,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Two "Boogaloo Boys" have been arrested for plotting terrorist attacks with Hamas.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arre-plot.html

Ok, wait just a minute...WAIT JUST A MINUTE!
What the heck is going on?

Over a month ago the media was telling us that the 'boogaloo boys' were right-wing white supremacists and were a potential terrorist threat. But now two "boogaloo boys" are arrested for plotting to assassinate white supremacists among other things.

So what's actually going on?
The only groups I've ever heard of that want to assassinate white supremacists are leftwing radical groups.

Are we to believe that these boogaloo boys are rightwing white supremacists who want to assassinate other white supremacists? That makes absolutely no sense. You can't trust anything the media is reporting on this subject.

Boogaloo movement, boys explained: Far-right extremists ...

Far-right 'boogaloo boys' linked to California cop killing

and here the news media seems fine with calling them right-wing and working with Hamas:

2 members of far-right group Boogaloo Bois charged with attempting to support Hamas

Oh, and black Lives Matter is a peaceful group of patriotic Americans who care about the safety and well being of black people. And the media will never refer to Black Lives Matter as a left-wing group, even though they are "trained Marxists."

Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM

17,876 posts, read 15,804,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Do the "Boogaloo Bois" even exist, or do they just dress up in Hawaiian shirts (or whatever else we are told they wear) and pretend to be a thing just to troll the media? There doesn't seem to be a lot of them, and they don't seem to be very active. On the other hand, BLM and pAntifa are out every night in many major cities.
I have heard the Boogaloo boys are all former military.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:30 AM

88,696 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:

How does that fit in with the allegation that they plotted to kill white supremacists?

Old 09-05-2020, 11:34 AM

5,788 posts, read 3,575,447 times
Quote:

Kind of like Roosevelt and Stalin teaming up to crush Hitler, you mean? OK, OK, not the best analogy, but even so.

Old 09-05-2020, 12:38 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,129,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Kind of like Roosevelt and Stalin teaming up to crush Hitler, you mean? OK, OK, not the best analogy, but even so.
Or like Israel and UAE joining forces against Iran.

"Federal prosecutors also allege the two men considered becoming "mercenaries" for the terrorist group in order to boost and fund the Boogaloo movement, which is loosely made up of right-wing extremists who want to overthrow the government." -- BuzzFeed

So that solves that. Boogaloo are not pro-radical Muslim, but were willing to accept money from Hamas to do joint terror work that would accomplish each other's goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Rightwingers who march in solidarity with George Floyd protesters?
Did you read the article or check out the pics? These "boogaloo boys" are clearly leftwingers
No, not left wing. They are far right/libertarians who hate the police and the police state. Some of them sympathize with George Floyd because they him as a victim of the heavy hand (knee?) of government. Some of them hate white supremacists because they think they are neo-Nazis who want to install a totalitarian government. Boogs are pro-gun, pro-militia and want no government or a very small one.

I know you're trying to pass these guys off onto the Left but that's not going to work. Both mainstream right and left should jointly condemn these scumbags because they have no place in our society. Since they advocate overthrow of our government they should be charged with sedition, IMHO.

Old 09-05-2020, 01:08 PM

8,550 posts, read 10,074,868 times
Quote:

You mean like the white BLM and white antifa rioters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies