Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 12:06 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Sad, Donald Trump has no accomplishments to run on. Why does anyone support this loser? "Law and Order" is a myth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
He actually promised to repeal and replace the ACA probably within the first hour, according to his inaugural speech. Still waiting . . . He's got nuttin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 12:08 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It’s not like congress is working with him to provide health care looks More like attacking Caesar on steps
This is on him. Obama got it done. Trump doesn't have a clue.

Old 09-06-2020, 12:11 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Pubs just can't do HC. They used to War, but no longer that either.
I'm a recently retired internist and for a few years researched and looked for conservative views and plans on HC moving forward. There was and is just nothing reasonable there.
what are your thoughts on the solution then?

Old 09-06-2020, 12:28 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Some interesting takes on Trump's effects on the Pandemic dead numbers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/05/o...gtype=Homepage
Indeed. I wonder how many will read it?

Should have prodded the bureaucracy during the "lost month of February" - very true
Disdain for masks - after the CDC's switched proclamations on April 3.

Old 09-06-2020, 12:29 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, because of the antics of the Democrats, he has been busy. First it was the "impeachment" trial that went on forever as the Dems wanted it stretched out hoping he would do something that they could actually impeach him on. And, then there is the pandemic (thank Bill Gates and Fraud Fauci for that - Plan 201 playing out in a real life scenario after the tabletop exercise), and then the Dems started burning their cities.

"Law and Order"? You need to talk to the mayors and governors of the cities/states that are having issues and see why did nothing but complain about Trump not solving their issues. After you get that answer, ask them why they refused Trump's help when he offered it.

I want to support Trump because the alternative is unspeakable. Imagine what the Dems at the city/state level have done ignoring the rioting, burning and shootings brought to you by Biden on a national level, and Biden yammers "Most the protests are peaceful." Yeah, he is lost somewhere in the 60s when the hippies used to protest and those were generally peaceful if I remember right, but I was a child. Biden would just kick back and turn on the record player and take a nap as the country burned. Harris also supports the violence, so if Biden didn't wake up............
Correction to provide reality and facts:

*The impeachment trial lasted from January 16 – February 5, 2020. 2 weeks and 6 days. It hardly went on forever.

* Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci have absolutely nothing to do with the occurrence of the pandemic and especially have no part whatsoever in Trump's botched response to our public health, economic & national security crisis.

*The civil unrest in our nation, due to the escalation of policy brutality, racial inequality and injustice in the USA, has occurred on Donald Trump's watch. Plain and simple. He ran on dividing the nation with his racist tropes and remarks, and has continued to fuel the problems at every opportunity. To this day he has not said one healing or calming word, or addressed the country as a whole in any effort to unify that which he has divided. He has made no attempt to decrease the tensions that he creates. On top of those ongoing egregious deeds he consistently makes it clear that he thinks of himself as only the President of the White folks in the Red States. That alone makes him totally unworthy of the job to which he seeks re-election.

Trump and his believers have been angry since they won. What a sore bunch of winners and whiners they have been for almost 4 years. It has been astonishing to watch. Anger, anger and more anger because the majority of the population did not capitulate to their every crazy white nationalistic whim, conspiracy and undemocratic perspective of governing. The abuse of Law and Order has been due to DJT and his administration and now his enablers and supporters want us to forget that Donald Trump has been the President of the United States of America and tell us, as this poster states: it was all brought to us on a national level by Joe Biden.

With what does Trump lace that Kool-Aid?

Old 09-06-2020, 12:32 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
And, the covid vaccination he said will come in October. Okay, let's all meet back up here then to discuss the vaccine that is no where in site.

Old 09-06-2020, 12:50 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Trump promised a health care plan before the end of August.

Trump says a lot of things, like ...
  • "I am funding my own campaign ... when you take their money they own you" - an exact quote
  • He promised a five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. (He signed an EO, then gave everyone in the white house waivers from the ban).
  • "We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals. We're going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none, and we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it." - an exact quote
  • "We’re going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” and “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” - exact quotes

All of these things were (and are) important to me, and if he had followed through on them he would have earned my respect.

But he is a liar, he says anything to anyone and sometimes barely even understands what the implications are ... he doesn't mean what he says, he just says it ...

Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what are your thoughts on the solution then?
Incrementally the inevitable path towards more UHC. I most like Hillary's and I think now Bidens's next step. And that would be reducing the age of entry into Medicare to age 50-55.

Not only does that give millions the benefits of Medicare, but at the same time it takes those particularly high risks off of the backs of the private sector. Which by and large docs want to preserve.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Indeed. I wonder how many will read it?

Should have prodded the bureaucracy during the "lost month of February" - very true
Disdain for masks - after the CDC's switched proclamations on April 3.
Well I have to admit I was stupid too up until the second week of March. There were many more unknowns early on with the Pandemic. Including the unknowns related to our national geography. And how different regions would be affected in differing degrees, and at different times. The medical world has learned a whole lot since then, and my next wish beyond the control of this Pandemic, is finally the set up of a more thorough and substantive national pandemic planning program. I can't trust the Pubs to go there.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, the covid vaccination he said will come in October. Okay, let's all meet back up here then to discuss the vaccine that is no where in site.
There are already some vaccines on the ready. Just not yet tested enough. But by and large will be safe and effective based on more specialized medical opinions, along with newer medical advances and technologies. Of course those opinions alone are not good enough based on this Pandemic, which seems to be easing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies