Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 08:31 PM

826 posts, read 244,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan View Post
How is that racism?
By giving jobs to people of one color over another in a disproportionate way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but saying that the company deserves to go out of business while saying that you are not going to patron them, is cancel culture. Many conservatives have said exactly that in regards to the NFL, NBA and MLB.
Saying you hope they go out of business is just an opinion. Creating an actual movement to put them out of business is actually cancelling them.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:51 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I was actually thinking more collegiate ball.
I was actually courted by swim teams more than ball teams, but whatever, I get your point.

My high school swimming was more impressive to some, more so than that big bat I was swinging.

Whatever, no where near the point of the thread.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:54 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Maybe San Diego isn't broadcasting the parts where players kneel in submission, boost the rioters and thugs etc.

I wonder how much their viewership has dropped since last year? Compared to how much other teams (who ARE broadcasting the surrenders) viewership have dropped since then?
I can just imagine BLM surrenderers kneeling on the field during the National Anthem, only to realize later that the TV broadcasters didn't show it on TV... and with nobody allowed in the stands due to Covid, NOT ONE PERSON SAW THEIR SILLY PROTEST.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
Saying you hope they go out of business is just an opinion. Creating an actual movement to put them out of business is actually cancelling them.
We will agree to disagree.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:16 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Restaurants, airlines and schools are not things people stuck at home can utilize.

Baseball, on the other hand, is usually part of a basic cable package.

Since so many of us that have watched every single episode of Mike and Molly, Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory over the past several months, live sports should be drawing record views, no?
Baseball in particular hasn't worked out that well, very disjointed with the teams contracting the virus. The NHL playoffs have worked out pretty well but they are playing in a bubble and it draws more interest because its the playoffs.

We will see how football fares but I imagine it will be much like baseball, football players are not very good at adhering to rules.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:29 AM

1,049 posts, read 653,746 times
Well guys someone should start a Moonshine Bootlegging sport with all hardcore Trump Supporters only.

That way they have a sport they can enjoy and maybe they won't spend every waking hour of the day on a political form.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:21 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
No but saying that the company deserves to go out of business while saying that you are not going to patron them, is cancel culture. Many conservatives have said exactly that in regards to the NFL, NBA and MLB.
You’re right. It is cancel culture, but unlike liberals it’s against organizations that are supposed to cater to people for business rather than individuals targeted for wrongthink. I don’t care if the NBA, NFL, and MLB want to support a divisive terrorist group that has caused economic mayhem and actually gotten people killed, but if they do I have the choice to not support them.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
We will agree to disagree.
Put it this way. Every time you try a new food and don't like the taste, you decide not to eat it again. Is that cancel culture or just a personal decision that you don't like it so you won't buy it to eat it again? Now if you didn't like the taste and decided to go on social media to organize a wide scale campaign to put the company who made the food out of business, that would indeed be cancel culture.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
anecdotally, my husband who has been a rabid yankees fan since he was 6 years old hasn't watched a single yankees game this year. he still reads about the games in the sports pages, but doesn't watch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies