Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 04:37 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Baseball has always been boring. The boredom factor does not contribute to the year over year ratings decline.
Really? Baseball is boring?

I guess Ken Griffey Jr didn't get the memo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=324uhy3Iq80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAuj4SAoYs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 04:50 PM

6,082 posts, read 3,323,254 times
There is no question baseball has lost a lot of its audience by kneeling.

But part of it is that baseball isn’t that fun to watch on tv. It’s boring. It’s much more fun to watch a live game, sit in the sun, soak up the atmosphere, and be able to see the entire field. Plus the game isn’t so fast and you can also carry on a conversation with friends at the same time as watching the ball in play.

So I think baseball should try to walk back some of the SJW nonsense, and then open up their stadiums for fans. At least let some in the park.

But of course they won’t do any of this, so we will all continue to not watch.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:53 PM

8,749 posts, read 5,034,356 times
I loved baseball, but I am so disgusted, by what they are doing, to our flag.....I am done with them.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:58 PM

What has gotten to me is this whole Covid-19 pandemic. We almost didn't have a baseball season. I watched baseball today, and without the commentary, watching the game was cool. I liked the game. What annoyed me were the cut outs of fans. No fans in the stands is no fans in the stands. At least under non-Covid conditions, we know why there are no fans in the stands (Cleveland, Miami, Tampa, etc). This feels like ersatz baseball.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:00 PM

I remember having a conversation with a woman about baseball and football. She said that baseball was boring. I took it personal, but understood I could not yell at her. I just said "that's alright, it's a thinking man's game".

Old 09-06-2020, 05:02 PM

52,165 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Baseball is boring?

I guess Ken Griffey Jr didn't get the memo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=324uhy3Iq80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAuj4SAoYs
I grew up on baseball. I remember way way back in the day when the LA Dodgers phenomenon Fernando Valenzuela was the big thing , or when the classic Davey Lopez, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey era was the shiznit.

These guys were long before your time I'm sure, heck, I was just a small kid back then.

No sir, baseball is not boring. I played baseball and I was the Mark McGuire of any team I was on.

I'd get up to bat and when I hit a ball, it took off like it had a motor on it, to reference an M Night film.

It's a shame that baseball has taken a bit of a hit over the years, even before the COVID era.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
1) Baseball is not boring. And yes, I take it very personal.
2) Many games go on at night. During the day, I can at least turn to the radio, or like I did one morning. I watched a baseball game broadcast from Japan. I listened to it on facebook en route to work, and kept listening at work (with the headphones in).
I love baseball, it was my preferred sport growing up. My Grand father and I would listen to games on the radio. That was long before it became a political tool. I hav e the local kids playing wiffleball. AS long as I have spare wife balls and bats and kids willing to play, Ill be all right. LOL

Old 09-06-2020, 05:26 PM

30,966 posts, read 22,026,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Hardly anyone I know watches baseball before the stupidity. I mean WOKENESS!
"WOKENESS = BROKENESS" For major league sports!

Old 09-06-2020, 05:31 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I've watched about half the Sandy Eggo Padres games so far. Never seen any of that stuff. Good thing, too, I'd probably switch it off.

Good news is, Padres are actually playing pretty well - a big improvement.

Same here.

I haven't seen any of the kneeling/BLM bull **** from the Detroit Tigers.

Unfortunately, they are still the Detroit Tigers.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:47 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,293,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Same here.

I haven't seen any of the kneeling/BLM bull **** from the Detroit Tigers.

Unfortunately, they are still the Detroit Tigers.
There was not much in the way of kneeling after opening days, and for the most part the kneeling was before the playing of the NA and not during. Only a small few stayed down during the NA. A few Giants and Mookie Betts. Some are making way too much out of what MLB has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies