Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 05:47 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Both.

Ratings were up initially ... and then fell like a lead balloon very quickly.

“MLB really fell off after opening day. In general, both leagues aren't getting the audience one might expect from a nation that's been deprived of entertainment for months,”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...atter-movement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 05:56 PM

826 posts, read 244,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What Black supremacy? If there is any, I sure wouldn't know. I mostly watch baseball.
Blacks are disproportionately employed then whites in the NBA and even in MLB. When that happens in other jobs, it's called systemic racism. So in sports, it's systemic racism against whites, which equals black supremacy.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:14 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
Blacks are disproportionately employed then whites in the NBA and even in MLB. When that happens in other jobs, it's called systemic racism. So in sports, it's systemic racism against whites, which equals black supremacy.
Blacks (African Americans) only make up 8 percent of MLB. The other dark skin players you may see are hispanic, but over-all whites still account for well over half.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:28 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
“MLB really fell off after opening day. In general, both leagues aren't getting the audience one might expect from a nation that's been deprived of entertainment for months,”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...atter-movement
Empty stadiums and teams losing players to the virus might have something to do with the poor ratings, but of course its some made up fantasy. Consumer interest in restaurants, airlines and schools are also due to wokeness.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:33 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
Black Americans are 8% of the MLB. And in the NFL and NBA, most of the team owners and executives are White, so they are the ones doing the drafting. And alot of White players they are drafting come from Spain, Croatia, Russia, Germany, Serbia, etc.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Don't know if it's woke so much as it is the whole pandemic thing. Sports are so different right now.
EXACTLY.

First the season was delayed. Then it came back with no fans in the stands. People have lost interest / written sports off for the year. I doubt it as anything to do with kneeling or BLM or the rest.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:39 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
BDM = Baseball Doesn’t Matter
Amen

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
You have the right to use your celebrity status to high jack a ball game to protest
The intention of the fans -was to go to a ball game for which they paid plenty -not to attend a protest
The way to stop a bad show is to walk out and not come back
Did the same stuff in 1968 shut down the steel mills and auto plants with strikes for outrageous wage demands -today they would call it “ reparations”

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-06-2020 at 07:04 PM..

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I grew up on baseball. I remember way way back in the day when the LA Dodgers phenomenon Fernando Valenzuela was the big thing , or when the classic Davey Lopez, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey era was the shiznit.

These guys were long before your time I'm sure, heck, I was just a small kid back then.

No sir, baseball is not boring. I played baseball and I was the Mark McGuire of any team I was on.

I'd get up to bat and when I hit a ball, it took off like it had a motor on it, to reference an M Night film.

It's a shame that baseball has taken a bit of a hit over the years, even before the COVID era.
I know you probably mean that in referencing to hitting, but all I could think of was "you were the roided-up cheater"?

Old 09-06-2020, 06:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
1) Baseball is not boring. And yes, I take it very personal.
2) Many games go on at night. During the day, I can at least turn to the radio, or like I did one morning. I watched a baseball game broadcast from Japan. I listened to it on facebook en route to work, and kept listening at work (with the headphones in).
1) sorry but baseball is a very boring sport and I do like the Yankees. It is rather unwatchable on television and radio is worse. Mind you I also don't like men's basketball for being too fast and not defensive. I guess we'll settle to agree to disagree.
2) I know most games typically do happen at night but a lot like hockey and basketball, I have seen a LOT of earlier games this season during weekdays. Earlier games means less ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies