Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 05:35 AM

672 posts, read 442,828 times

Advertisements

Someone call NASA and tell them to get those flags off those suits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 08:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I see the American flag on all sorts of apparel. I got my husband a T-shirt with the flag on the front.

Too bad the man quit his job. He should have stayed around after work and wore it then. If anyone complained to management all he had to say is, "I'm off the clock, it's my time now to do what I want".
I hope you are not surprised by this?! Lots of people are anti American, its only natural they would take advantage of something many people are not even aware of!!

I found out about this years ago when I wore a Ralph Lauren t shirt that had an American flag on it, a co worker (who was a vet) called me out on it, I was honest with him about it, I just didnt know it was wrong. that was the last time I wore that shirt though.

I wouldnt be surprised if some people wear the flag on clothing, on purpose...while knowing its wrong, some people are anti American, its that simple really.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:56 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You're not supposed to use the American flag as a face mask according to 4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag.

One may argue a face mask is a medical device instead of an apparel, but the spirit of the law is clear - don't make the flag part of anything you wear on your body. The flag should not become something that is not a flag but still recognizable as a flag (such as jacket, sweater, etc).

Poster above who is good with burning the flag wants to hold you to the letter of the law on how the flag should be treated.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Is a face mask an apparel item? It's a face covering protection device, not considered clothing. Do you wear a shirt or jacket on your face? Nope.
Using your logic - ski mask, bandana, hoodie, motorcycle mask, etc are not apparel.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They’re talking about wearing the actual flag as an article of clothing. There is no prohibition on wearing a picture of a flag on a shirt or mask. Heck, I’ve seen reservists in fatigues with the American flag emblem on the shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Burning it still OK in your world?

FTR, the law you referred to only applies to literal American flags.

Items of clothing containing stars and stripes don't count.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

You're both wrong.

Quote:

Your Stars and Stripes T-Shirt Technically Violates the Flag Code

He is believed to be the first and only person to be arrested for wearing a flag shirt and charged with desecration of a flag. In arresting him, police ripped the shirt off his back.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Someone in a military was actually offended by his mask.

Good thing social media pressure works both ways, Food Lion ultimately changed its policies in only a few days.

https://abc13.com/food-lion-us-flag-...-mask/6405441/

Update

Food Lion changes policy after NC employee resigns over patriotic face mask
I think they should have stayed with their first policy. When shopping you can wear whatever mask you want.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You're both wrong.

Nope. Your own article states he was wearing an actual American Flag. Your article also states the flag desecration code ruled unconstitutional. So, no, wearing a mask with a flag picture is not illegal.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-07-2020, 03:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are upset because a company had a policy that said you must where clothing with no logo's ?

Food Lion isnt the only company dead to you, that is every place I have ever heard of that has a uniform policy.

How is this new to people or "un american", "anti american", or "American hating" ?????

Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Too late!

Never should have had an America hating policy in the first place.

Food Lion, like Gillette, is dead to me.
Righties and their silly cancel culture.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:42 PM

888 posts, read 805,615 times
Food Lying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies