Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 08:39 PM

826 posts, read 244,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
A 12 yr. old with a toy gun is completely innocent. We are talking about a child.
Not all 12 year olds look like exactly 12. Many look older. Either way, a gun is a gun and if you can pull the trigger you can kill. To a cop walking into an unknown situation he sees a gun pointed at him and he has a microsecond to decide if he wants to live or die. You pull the trigger before the other trigger gets pulled. It's clear cut. My life or his life. A cop does not have the opportunity we all have of looking back. He has to decide in an instant. We all would pull the trigger and we all know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 08:43 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, let's see.

I don't see Botham Jean on your list.
He wasn't killed because he was black. That was just a tragic accident of the cop going into the wrong apartment. If he was white the same thing would have happened.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:49 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
Breonna Taylor

Old 09-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
He wasn't killed because he was black. That was just a tragic accident of the cop going into the wrong apartment. If he was white the same thing would have happened.
Do you really think that? If she opened the door and found, say, an old white woman, or an old white man, or a young mother holding a child, for example, she wouldn't have backed away in complete confusion, and figured out she was in the wrong apartment?

She was fearful, and shot, IMHO, because she encountered a large young black man. Any other demographic would be alive to tell the tale.

This off duty cop killed him because he was a large young black man.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:37 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She was fearful, and shot, IMHO, because she encountered a large young black man. Any other demographic would be alive to tell the tale.

This off duty cop killed him because he was a large young black man.

Yeah. Right. Large black man.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:22 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You missed the phrase "completely innocent" in the thread title. Try again.
They were completely innocent, though engaged in behaviors that could have lead to their deaths. Tamir Rice was just a kid, though a big kid that could easily be mistaken for an older kid unless the cop would have taken more than a second to assess the situation. He didn’t and for that I put him on the list.

Eric Garner was selling illegal cigarettes and resisted, but he had a knee to the neck just like Floyd and when he said he couldn’t breath and that cop just sat there it was like he snuffed the life out of him. I’ve seen that three times now, in New York, in Minnesota, and in Houston. I find it unforgivable.

Philandro Castro was in his vehicle and the cop freaked out and shot him as he’s trying to show him the concealed carry license. There is no excuse.

You can say they did not comply therefore got what they got, but imagine if that were your child. Do you think you’d just accept that answer?

Old 09-07-2020, 04:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
Not all 12 year olds look like exactly 12. Many look older. Either way, a gun is a gun and if you can pull the trigger you can kill. To a cop walking into an unknown situation he sees a gun pointed at him and he has a microsecond to decide if he wants to live or die. You pull the trigger before the other trigger gets pulled. It's clear cut. My life or his life. A cop does not have the opportunity we all have of looking back. He has to decide in an instant. We all would pull the trigger and we all know it.
Video evidence showed the police car hadn’t even come to a full stop when the officer opened fire on the child. Regardless, the child was innocent. You cannot get around that.

Old 09-07-2020, 04:44 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Rodney King wasn't killed.

The cases where black men were killed are almost 100% situations where the black detainee is resisting arrest and appears to offer an immediate threat.

It the split second the cops have to make a life or death decision, they sometimes get it wrong.

Sometimes they are just way too quick to resort to deadly force.

The attribution of motive in such cases has been left to the mind readers among us, so it's impossible to have a logical, reasoned discussion about it.

Both sides want to be right all the time, but the fact is that either side can be wrong and both sides can be wrong.
"Sometimes they are just way too quick to resort to deadly force." You snooze, you LOSE", sometimes your LIFE!

Old 09-07-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That's not what I got from the OP.

I got completely innocent, walking down the street and minding their own business kind of innocent instead of doing something that contributed to the police using deadly force.

Resisting arrest etc

Maybe you should read the OP again?

Eric Garner for instance, was selling untaxed cigarettes and then resisted when cops tried to place him under arrest.

To me......the bigger issue in that scenario is that he should have never been arrested in the first place because selling loose untaxed cigarettes shouldn't be a crime..

But......I worry more about big government overreach than I do about "systemic racism".
" is that he should have never been arrested in the first place because selling loose untaxed cigarettes shouldn't be a crime.."

Doesn't matter, The LAW, is the LAW. You might not agree with a 55 MPH speed limit. If you are dong 70 should the cop say to himself, "I don't agree with that law, so I will left him go.

We do NOT have the RIGHT to ignore laws we might not like.

It seems so many on the left want the gov't to do EVERYTHING for us but it takes MONEY, but when it come time to PAY the "TAXES, which is where that money comes from it's, "oh no, not me"!

If you don't like a law, work to get it changed.

You might want to look up WHY there are taxes on cigarettes.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
We would overwhelm the internet if we listed all those.
And how many WHITES are killdeer by BLACKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies