Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2020, 05:02 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times

Advertisements

Systemic issues that go back to Biden and Kamala... Think about it. Give them credit for what they did to the black people..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 05:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Systemic issues that go back to Biden and Kamala... Think about it. Give them credit for what they did to the black people..
I cite Biden and Clinton's crime bill all the time. But police needing reform and the code of silence is a decades old problem that nobody seems to want to tackle.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:32 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Perhaps "mistake" wasn't the right word. What I was trying to say is that how the officer interpreted Castile's actions were very different than how Castile reasonably thought his actions would be interpreted. The officer, upon hearing that Castile had a gun, perceived pretty much any movement as a threat. Castile, on the other hand, simply thought he was following the officer's order to get his wallet. Obviously, they were worlds apart. As I stated, the fundamental cause of this incident was irrational gun hysteria. The officer didn't take the totality of events into consideration:

1) The stop was for a minor vehicle equipment violation
2) There was small child in the car in addition to an adult female passenger. AKA, a family.
3) Castile was very polite and respectful
4) Castile volunteered that he had a gun

Had Castile been alone in the car, acted aggressively when approached, or was otherwise uncooperative, I can see why the officer would have been on "high alert". However, nothing like that happened. The mere mention of a gun sent the officer into a borderline state of hysteria. It's hard to say what Castile could have done differently to avoid being shot.

McDonald was quite a bit different. He was acting extremely erratically and was armed with a knife. He ignored multiple orders to drop the knife. In other words, he was the exact opposite of Castile. Could the McDonald incident have been handled better? Probably, but there is no comparison to the Castile shooting.
It's easy to say what he could have done. The cop kept saying don't go for it. But Castile didn't stop and keep his hands where the cop could see them. Castile also matched the description of a robbery suspect. I've been in that position before and when the cop raised his voice I froze then told him I was reaching for the glove box and asked if he could see my hands. When he said yes I moved very slowly.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:01 PM

More
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...a-taylor-case/

Old 09-07-2020, 06:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Breonna Taylor lies, Just like George Floyds death. Truth took some time, held up by DA, imagine that.
https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...mary-redacted1
Some cliff notes....

- man found murdered in a rental car she rented
- bailed out known criminals multiple times
- appeared to be the “bank†for a criminal enterprise
- received dozens of calls from inmates
- lent her Dodge Charger to boyfriend to move drugs and weapons
- reporting about it being a “no-knock†raid is completely false, Dude who shot at police recorded on jail house phone saying the police banged on the door
If the info in that report is correct, Breonna Taylor was up to her eyeballs in serious crime. The media presents her to be an innocent victim. (Like every criminal that gets killed.)

I have rented hundreds of rental cars and never had a murder victim found in one of them.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
If the info in that report is correct, Breonna Taylor was up to her eyeballs in serious crime. The media presents her to be an innocent victim. (Like every criminal that gets killed.)

I have rented hundreds of rental cars and never had a murder victim found in one of them.
Depends on the rental company you use. In order to find dead bodies in the trunk you'd have to rent from Hurts.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

Read more. And why were leaders upset it was released... Because it hurt the narrative/agenda.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...a-taylor-case/

Old 09-07-2020, 06:28 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
As always, the truth unfolds after the riots have taken place.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
That was unfortunate, but the kid pulled off the orange cap to make it look like a real gun and pointed it at the cop.
He. Was. A. 12. Year. Old. Child!

Do you know anything at all about the brain of a child? They don't have the best decision making skills at that age because their brain is still developing.

I saw the video. That cop flew up in his cop car to a few feet from the kid, jumped out of his car and shot that kid dead.

From the time he pulled up to the time he shot that kid, was less than 10 seconds.

Bull SHT that kid was not innocent, and it was far more than just "unfortunate"!

Old 09-07-2020, 07:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
I have asked you and will ask you again to please post the names of black men who were not criminals, were not doing anything wrong and did not fight the police, but were killed just because the racist cop wanted to kill a black man. We need to highlight these cases.
We did. We had a huge thread about the shooting of Botham Jean. Don't make excuses for a cop who was driving home from her shift. I'm not going to go over that entire loooooong thread again, but there is no way in HELL that she didn't know she was not at her own damn door.

PLUS, there were racist texts and images on her phone when she had conversations between her and another cop.

I will never believe she didn't know where she was, I will never believe that she shot him thinking she was in her own apartment and he was a burglar. She was racist, and she shot an innocent man, who was:

a) not a criminal
b) not doing anything wrong
c) not fighting the police

She was a racist cop.

As for "but did she 'want' to kill a black man", you're never going to get any of them to ever say that they "want" to kill one - not to the public. The only way you're going to know is if you catch something on their dashcam, bodycam, or some other avenue like text messages, social media, or emails.

Some of these idiots *have* been caught saying all kinds of racist things when talking to each other in their cars, not knowing that the dashcam audio was recording them.

I do not think that all cops are bad, but let's stop pretending that some cops AREN'T, and let's stop pretending that they don't profile, and let's stop pretending that some of them would love nothing more than to dispose of a black man for the sole reason that he's black, and him having a tail light out, or him running away (which has happened, and it was over a simple traffic violation), or whatever minimal thing they can find as an excuse to pull someone over, has not happened, because it has!

Instead of acting as irrational as the morons out there looting and rioting, get real. Deal with reality.

Do cops always look to kill black people because they're black? No. Everyone knows that.
Do some cops kill black people because they have profiled them? You can bet that they have.

Your thread is asking us to read the minds of all cops everywhere - no one can do that, you can't do that. But stop making excuses for those who abuse their power.

It does not require defunding, it does not mean burn their buildings down and kill any cop you see, but it also does not mean that you flat out refuse to acknowledge that it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies