Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 06:46 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like common codependency, nothing to do with politics.

People stay in abusive relationships because of a sense they deserve it and rationalize they can somehow fix the other person. Based on your take, your sister seems to believe she is saving his life.

Having said this, it is impossible to comprehend the dynamics of other people’s relationships.
It is just a symptom of the greater problem of liberalism, a religion of self hate.

She probably just needs liberal deprogramming to gain self respect and confidence again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 06:47 AM

26,455 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like common codependency, nothing to do with politics.
She had for years before dating this guy talked about how cops were racist.

When she is in an abusive relationship she won't call the cops because cops are racist.

The leftist (not liberal) narrative the whole time has been cops are racist. Kaepernick would tweet out messages that seemed to praise cop killers and justify violence against police.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:54 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
She had for years before dating this guy talked about how cops were racist.

When she is in an abusive relationship she won't call the cops because cops are racist.

The leftist (not liberal) narrative the whole time has been cops are racist. Kaepernick would tweet out messages that seemed to praise cop killers and justify violence against police.
She didn't WANT to call cops on him, and that was her excuse. If it hadn't been that, it would have been something else.

She was willing to suffer the abuse for whatever reason. She could have just left him, no need to involve cops.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Both of my siblings are leftists. My sister is actually the more reasonable one in terms of tolerating differing opinions, but she is a leftist.

She had an abusive boyfriend that was physically hurting her. She would never call the cops, because her boyfriend was black and the cops in her mind would just show up and kill him for dating her a white girl.

She would try to leave him and failed many times in part because he accused her of being racist and she couldn't have that.

This guy killed both of her cats. Only a sociopath kills someone's pets for being angry at them. I helped her bury one of her cats and as she was bawling she was still making excuses for him, because he supposedly went off his bipolar meds.

He drained my sister's limited money and he had child support from some other past relationship he was behind on.

One time the neighbor called the police when they were screaming and my sister took all of the blame so the cop wouldn't kill her boyfriend for being black, because as a leftist she thinks cops behave that way on a normal day. She got arrested, but the cop took pictures of her not him since she had some bruises.

He got her in other trouble and she spent a couple nights in jail.

I am sure my sister wasn't a peach either, but she had normal non-abusive relationships in the past and never spent any time in jail.

She has been broken up with him for a year now and I had to press on her hard about leaving an abusive man and using the cops. She always had some far leftist nut case answer on why she couldn't.

P.S. yes there are good and bad men in all races. My point is more about how her leftist perception of cops and their actions nearly ruined her along with not wanting him to call her a racist.
Title correction: My sister being codependent on an abusive man almost got her killed.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,148 times
The anti-police hysteria is very dangerous. The police are unlikely to kill someone who is not attacking them--regardless of race. Criminals are the real danger. You'd never know that in the Summer of 2020.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:02 AM

17,768 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Quote:
Both of my siblings are leftists. My sister is actually the more reasonable one in terms of tolerating differing opinions, but she is a leftist.

She had an abusive boyfriend that was physically hurting her. She would never call the cops, because her boyfriend was black and the cops in her mind would just show up and kill him for dating her a white girl.

She would try to leave him and failed many times in part because he accused her of being racist and she couldn't have that.

This guy killed both of her cats. Only a sociopath kills someone's pets for being angry at them. I helped her bury one of her cats and as she was bawling she was still making excuses for him, because he supposedly went off his bipolar meds.

He drained my sister's limited money and he had child support from some other past relationship he was behind on.

One time the neighbor called the police when they were screaming and my sister took all of the blame so the cop wouldn't kill her boyfriend for being black, because as a leftist she thinks cops behave that way on a normal day. She got arrested, but the cop took pictures of her not him since she had some bruises.

He got her in other trouble and she spent a couple nights in jail.

I am sure my sister wasn't a peach either, but she had normal non-abusive relationships in the past and never spent any time in jail.

She has been broken up with him for a year now and I had to press on her hard about leaving an abusive man and using the cops. She always had some far leftist nut case answer on why she couldn't.

P.S. yes there are good and bad men in all races. My point is more about how her leftist perception of cops and their actions nearly ruined her along with not wanting him to call her a racist.
So it sounds like you want to blame her politics for this.

Fact of the matter is that most domestic violence victims don't report because they are fearful of further repercussions from their abuser. Doesn't matter what the political ideology might be.

But go ahead, think it's because she is "a lib" if it makes you feel any batter.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:07 AM

26,455 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So it sounds like you want to blame her politics for this.

Fact of the matter is that most domestic violence victims don't report because they are fearful of further repercussions from their abuser. Doesn't matter what the political ideology might be.

But go ahead, think it's because she is "a lib" if it makes you feel any batter.
Before, during, and after she has said cops kill black men to keep them in check.

That is political.

Her excuse to not call is political and fits her leftist politics.

As a former manager of a restaurant she also said she is reluctant to call police if the disturbance is a black person. Racist cops will come.

That is political.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:09 AM

35,660 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Abused women are normally broken down mentally and emotionally as well as physically. Their poor minds get very twisted- and are pushed to believe the abusers thoughts more than their own. I hope got her some help- but sad to blame it on politics. This is about self esteem and other underlying issues. I worked with some victims of abuse and- politics is the last thing on their minds - they live in survival mode.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Before, during, and after she has said cops kill black men to keep them in check.

That is political.

Her excuse to not call is political and fits her leftist politics.

As a former manager of a restaurant she also said she is reluctant to call police if the disturbance is a black person. Racist cops will come.

That is political.
She could have just left him w/o calling cops.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:21 AM

78,322 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's not a straw man to ask a question.
You didn't ask a question, so that's your 2nd straw man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies