Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 AM

26,532 posts, read 15,102,432 times

Advertisements

Both of my siblings are leftists. My sister is actually the more reasonable one in terms of tolerating differing opinions, but she is a leftist.

She had an abusive boyfriend that was physically hurting her. She would never call the cops, because her boyfriend was black and the cops in her mind would just show up and kill him for dating her a white girl.

She would try to leave him and failed many times in part because he accused her of being racist and she couldn't have that.

This guy killed both of her cats. Only a sociopath kills someone's pets for being angry at them. I helped her bury one of her cats and as she was bawling she was still making excuses for him, because he supposedly went off his bipolar meds.

He drained my sister's limited money and he had child support from some other past relationship he was behind on.

One time the neighbor called the police when they were screaming and my sister took all of the blame so the cop wouldn't kill her boyfriend for being black, because as a leftist she thinks cops behave that way on a normal day. She got arrested, but the cop took pictures of her not him since she had some bruises.

He got her in other trouble and she spent a couple nights in jail.

I am sure my sister wasn't a peach either, but she had normal non-abusive relationships in the past and never spent any time in jail.

She has been broken up with him for a year now and I had to press on her hard about leaving an abusive man and using the cops. She always had some far leftist nut case answer on why she couldn't.

P.S. yes there are good and bad men in all races. My point is more about how her leftist perception of cops and their actions nearly ruined her along with not wanting him to call her a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 06:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,400,488 times
Because everyone on "the right" fully trusts LEOs?

Old 09-07-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Where did I say that?

My sister has a common leftist mindset that cops are looking to kill black men to keep them in place. It could have killed her.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:24 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Both of my siblings are leftists. My sister is actually the more reasonable one in terms of tolerating differing opinions, but she is a leftist.

She had an abusive boyfriend that was physically hurting her. She would never call the cops, because her boyfriend was black and the cops in her mind would just show up and kill him for dating her a white girl.

She would try to leave him and failed many times in part because he accused her of being racist and she couldn't have that.

This guy killed both of her cats. Only a sociopath kills someone's pets for being angry at them. I helped her bury one of her cats and as she was bawling she was still making excuses for him, because he supposedly went off his bipolar meds.

He drained my sister's limited money and he had child support from some other past relationship he was behind on.

One time the neighbor called the police when they were screaming and my sister took all of the blame so the cop wouldn't kill her boyfriend for being black, because as a leftist she thinks cops behave that way on a normal day. She got arrested, but the cop took pictures of her not him since she had some bruises.

He got her in other trouble and she spent a couple nights in jail.

I am sure my sister wasn't a peach either, but she had normal non-abusive relationships in the past and never spent any time in jail.

She has been broken up with him for a year now and I had to press on her hard about leaving an abusive man and using the cops. She always had some far leftist nut case answer on why she couldn't.

P.S. yes there are good and bad men in all races. My point is more about how her leftist perception of cops and their actions nearly ruined her along with not wanting him to call her a racist.

Liberalism is a religion of self hate, so your sister's experience is just a symptom of that problem. Due to her "religion", she was unable to do what is right, or risk being labeled the worst thing ever for a liberal- A RACIST!

Unfortunately, she will seek another relationship in which the same problems exist. She probably needs liberal deprogramming at some point if she wants to lead a happy, productive life.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Where did I say that?

My sister has a common leftist mindset that cops are looking to kill black men to keep them in place. It could have killed her.

Cool story.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:37 AM

6,263 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Quote:
Where did I say that?

You didn't. It was just a lazy and cheap way of trying to derail your conversation.

1. The "racist" card has been overplayed because liberals frequently overplay their hand. They have done a severe and grave disservice to legit racism that still occurs.

2. Why do people care so much what other people think?

3. 9-11 is fast approaching. 19 years ago cops were heroes. They were the ones running towards those damn towers. There is not one of those Antifa or BLM POS who would do that. Not one of them. Not one damn one.............

4. There are unlimited excuses why those who are abused stay with those who would abuse. Your sister had her own excuses of "black boyfriend being killed by white cop" - it's moronic but so are a lot of other reasons to stay with a POS who would beat you up. It is what it is.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Cool story.
Cool strawman in your first post.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:41 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,585,955 times
Quote:
Right. My Dad is ultra conservative and he told me never call the cops. Why? Unintended consequences.

Quote:
Cool strawman in your first post.
It's not a straw man to ask a question.

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Sounds like common codependency, nothing to do with politics.

People stay in abusive relationships because of a sense they deserve it and rationalize they can somehow fix the other person. Based on your take, your sister seems to believe she is saving his life.

Having said this, it is impossible to comprehend the dynamics of other people’s relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies