Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is anyone else experiencing "racial fatigue"
Yes- it is too much and there are other things in life 161 90.45%
No- we need to be constantly reminded of racial differences 17 9.55%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 08:34 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We are all humans, we can all get along and most of us do. Who needs to be reminded every time they turn that black lives matter? I see signs popping up everywhere. Do we really need to be reminded or are the people that are posting them just virtue signalling?

Most people still live their lives judging people by their conduct not their skin colour.

I'm so tired of it.

Now when I see a BLM sign I want to run up and add a quick "O" to it so it reads "Black Olives Matter".
Ha. Nice one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 08:36 AM

304 posts, read 151,372 times
I'm experiencing racist fatigue. If I ran this forum you would get one strike and you're out. No need to give racists a free pulpit to preach hate from.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:44 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Damn straight. I'm so sick of hearing about it/seeing it, I could puke. We live in a world populated by WAY too many people with OCD. I call them race-o-philes. They are totally obsessed with race.

What they are accomplishing is indifference and hostility on the part of the general public. Just the opposite of what they state that they want. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. BLM is the champion of how not to garner sympathy. However, their tactics are great for getting the middle finger.

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
I'm experiencing racist fatigue. If I ran this forum you would get one strike and you're out. No need to give racists a free pulpit to preach hate from.
Come on. You love accusing people of being racist, admit it. You're not fatigued with it one bit.

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems as though EVERYTHING in the news or on television is about race now. You can't escape it. Even during the weekend golf tournament, most of the commercials had some racial theme or had special segments talking about what the PGA was doing for minorities.

Is anyone else tired of this "woke" barrage of racial oriented information?
Democrats always use race as a weapon around election. The Democrats always pander to the blacks up until election and then they forget about them as usual. Black lives matter is actually a communist Marxist organization using race as a vehicle to further their Marxist ideas and fund the Democrats. The money that's going to Black lives matter is actually filtered over to ACT BLUE which funds Democrats BIDEN and Harris.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-07-2020 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 09-07-2020, 08:48 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Bogus choices offered in this biased "poll" - No, I'm not tired of needing to remember that systemic racism is killing people and impacting our fellow citizens in permanent and often devastating ways.
Why do you need to be reminded of this? Does it sometimes slip your mind, like forgetting to get butter when you're at the store?

Old 09-07-2020, 08:57 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Bogus choices offered in this biased "poll" - No, I'm not tired of needing to remember that systemic racism is killing people and impacting our fellow citizens in permanent and often devastating ways.
How so? I look around me and see black people doing the same kinds of things everyone else does around here, like LIVING THEIR LIVES, GOING TO WORK, and DOING THEIR THING, just like the rest of us.

You're little vacuum doesn't reflect the larger universe.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:18 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
No. I'm tired of racism.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:43 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
Racists run in both directions, and across a continuum from mildly unthoughtful to downright hateful. All people stereotype and practice discrimination, it is a survival instinct and one practiced though out the animal kingdom. Some species use it to avoid situations or other creatures where they might become dinner, and some use it to pick out the easiest, most likely dinner. What needs to happen is education to ease distrust and fear among the races, and the crap happening right now is doing the exact opposite.

If we had that one strike rule, which we would apply equally regardless of the targeted race, most of those who complain the loudest about others being racists would be the first to go. Too often people confuse their perceptions with fact and assume anyone with a different perception is the one in the wrong, forgetting that people can witness or listen to the exact same thing and see or hear something totally different.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:50 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Is anyone else tired of this "woke" barrage of racial oriented information?
I've been suffering from race fatigue for about 36 years now.

I'm extremely adept at tuning out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies