Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 08:41 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Where did I say adding additional security doesnt add to overhead? People can decide for themselves if they want to eat out or not.
You indicated why would additional security add to debt? So what is increased security. You want to add more cost onto struggling restaurants because of one event.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:29 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
I think we need more orderlies to contain all of the alt-right whack-jobs pushing baseless, fear-mongering, nonsense.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:23 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Sort of like El Al airlines. Not sure if they still do it, but when hijackings were common, all the flight attendants were armed.
I knew someone that had (?a Mossad?) person come up on a flight to Tel Aviv and "make conversation." This was ca 1990. She only knew because she watched the person go and make conversation with multiple seemingly random people at the gate.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
I'm not, but I listen to them. Is that such a foreign concept to you, doing what doctors recommend instead of politicians demanding you "rise up" against the oppression of fact and science?

Ah, so now you're going to force businesses to raise their prices and customers to pay more. Good luck with that.

This is a riveting lesson in capitalism, lol.
Please. Hiring an off-duty cop to maintain order against the racist Black Lives people is a lot cheaper than having people unwilling to sit at your restaurants. One additional party of four would pay for it.

You think that normal whites should just be sitting ducks for these rage-filled loonies?

Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You indicated why would additional security add to debt? So what is increased security. You want to add more cost onto struggling restaurants because of one event.
Can you read?
Quote:
magically no, but good point. Time to lift all local restrictions and let them earn to their best abilities. Security is just part of the overhead like rent and utilities.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:37 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
The obvious answer is “yes,” since whites will be afraid to eat outside lest a group of BLM savages start one of their rampages. But I wonder if the terrorist group has them so fearful of repercussions that they are reluctant to do so. Poor restaurants. FINALLY allowed to open, even partially, and now this.

On a related question, if you had an elderly mother in her early 90s who is going borderline psychotic (truly, she’s now on meds) after being shut into her apartment for months, would you chance it and take her out to an outdoor dining spot outside Washington DC? I’m not fearing COVID contamination (although I’m a bit worried her using the rest room) as much as a potential BLM assault.
The business should hire whomever they want, or not hire anyone at all. Many of them are still just trying to keep their heads above water after the useless and unnecessary shutdowns. If people are in fear, stay home. That goes for the fear of the virus, and that goes for fear of being attacked. Stay. Home.

As for the fictitious elderly grandmother, if she's elderly, I wouldn't take her anywhere near other people. If she wants to get out, I'd either pick up the food from the restaurant, or have it delivered, and we could have dinner in the backyard, by the pool, on the porch, on the balcony, in a park, whatever - but there's no need to subject 90 year old grandma to a bunch of other people right now, virus or BLM (which, at this point, not sure there's a difference between the 2 labels.)

Old 09-08-2020, 05:37 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Please. Hiring an off-duty cop to maintain order against the racist Black Lives people is a lot cheaper than having people unwilling to sit at your restaurants. One additional party of four would pay for it.

You think that normal whites should just be sitting ducks for these rage-filled loonies?
That same poster is/was supportive of the violence, so the last thing they'll want is restaurants with security that will shoot back at them.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The business should hire whomever they want, or not hire anyone at all. Many of them are still just trying to keep their heads above water after the useless and unnecessary shutdowns. If people are in fear, stay home. That goes for the fear of the virus, and that goes for fear of being attacked. Stay. Home.

As for the fictitious elderly grandmother, if she's elderly, I wouldn't take her anywhere near other people. If she wants to get out, I'd either pick up the food from the restaurant, or have it delivered, and we could have dinner in the backyard, by the pool, on the porch, on the balcony, in a park, whatever - but there's no need to subject 90 year old grandma to a bunch of other people right now, virus or BLM (which, at this point, not sure there's a difference between the 2 labels.)
Are you saying I’m lying about wanting to give my mother a break after 4 months of lockdown? Damn, but posters are nasty!

And I’m not SUBJECTING her to other people. She is in a massive depression right now, on meds, because of the situation. I want to give her a treat.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
That same poster is/was supportive of the violence, so the last they'll want is restaurants with security that will shoot back at them.
Yes. I recall him downplaying the violence as a mere inconvenience. And true - he doesn’t want whites to defend themselves against a black militant operation (or whatever they are). He sees it as some sort payback.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:51 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Are you saying I’m lying about wanting to give my mother a break after 4 months of lockdown? Damn, but posters are nasty!

And I’m not SUBJECTING her to other people. She is in a massive depression right now, on meds, because of the situation. I want to give her a treat.
Maybe you should re-read your own original post before going off on people.

Here's a reminder:

"On a related question, if you had an elderly mother in her early 90s ...would you chance it and take her out..."

You asked the reader to IMAGINE they had an elderly mother in her early 90s...

That's what I did, and that's why I said "fictional".

If you were talking about your own mother, you should have said, "I have a mother in her early 90s, should I chance it and take her out..."

What is wrong with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies