Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 10:48 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Trump does not have a cult, this is the most ridiculous claim to try and put down his voters, if one doesn’t agree with their agenda, but like someone who you feel cares about the American people does not make a cult. It is a derogatory name calling Trumps voting base, because they stopped listening to the constant untrue accusations they keep putting out.
What is it you guys say? Don’t be such a snowflake? It has all the signs of a cult:

1) It’s about the leader, and him alone, not about a philosophy, logic, or party
2) Criticism of the cult leader be tolerated. You must attack anyone who doesn’t show sufficient adoration or questions the leader.
3) Former members of the cult must be attacked and ridiculed, destroyed in any way possible. They are deemed “supressives.”
4) The ones most loudly sounding the alarm are the ex-members (fmr administration officials, Matt Drudge, etc)

I mean, sorry if it offends the cult members or isn’t “PC”, but the signals are all there. You’ll eventually see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 11:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times
Looks like Litter Box Lady is having another ridiculous TDS meltdown. If DJT is a cult leader then so is every other politician that has followers or supporters. What about Bernie? Or AOC? By Litter Box Lady's reasoning they're cult leaders as well.

I don't think Creepy Uncle Joe has a cult, though. He just has some clueless minions that never seem to have a positive thing to say about him. They're all too busy with DJT living inside their empty minds.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:02 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
I do joke that Trump fans are a cult but by the textbook definition, they aren't. You don't have to hand over all your money to Trump (he'd take it, but you don't have to do so to be part of the gang) and you can leave the group with ease.

It is a cult of personality - I don't know how anyone can look at those MAGA memes with Trump photoshopped to death as an idealized, buff, heroic figure holding hands with Jesus or whatever - and not see that.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:37 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
A Snippet:

Jim Jones Son Stephan said this.....
And we should all go ga-ga over 1 persons opinion! He only gets 1 vote just like the rest of us.

Old 09-12-2020, 01:31 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
The difference between Donald Trump and Jim Jones is, Jim Jones used cyanide and Donald Trump uses lies.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:34 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times

Old 09-23-2020, 11:26 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
What is it you guys say? Don’t be such a snowflake? It has all the signs of a cult:

1) It’s about the leader, and him alone, not about a philosophy, logic, or party
2) Criticism of the cult leader be tolerated. You must attack anyone who doesn’t show sufficient adoration or questions the leader.
3) Former members of the cult must be attacked and ridiculed, destroyed in any way possible. They are deemed “supressives.”
4) The ones most loudly sounding the alarm are the ex-members (fmr administration officials, Matt Drudge, etc)

I mean, sorry if it offends the cult members or isn’t “PC”, but the signals are all there. You’ll eventually see it.
Lol! Sounds more like the Democrat party, it is your party that is so much closer to Putin’s government, but because of Hillary claiming that it was Russian collusion all of you jumped on it and believed it, which by the way was proven false. If anyone dares to disagree with the Democratic Party they are called racist, fascist etc.... and not because its true, but Democrats goose step right along. Hey, I’m not offended and I still respect Bush, because he was the right man to handle 911 and gore would have been to much of a whimp to handle a crisis.

I’m just cracking up because since Trump won, you guys keep coming up with new ridiculous insults.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:55 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
I disagree.

Impeached Trump is not a charmer. He's a crook and a sexual predator!

Old 09-24-2020, 07:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
People who put their faith in the democratic party are like Jim Jones followers. It's a brainwashing cult.

Trump supporters don't follow Trump - they support him -- because he isn't a politician and is taking on the deep state and corrupt govt. Everyone in the media and DC trying to take him down simply add supporters to his base because they can clearly see what they are trying to do - since day 1. It's not hard to understand.
He’s been in office for four years.
He’s a politician.

As for taking on corruption, if putting people in positions where their wrongdoing can come to light, I guess that’s one way to do it.
How many indictments for his pals are we up to now?

Old 09-24-2020, 07:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump: I could shoot somebody and not lose voters...

https://www.latimes.com/books/la-et-...214-story.html

Jones/Trump mindset same-o same-o.
Exactly.

And he’s proven himself right.
200,000+ people dead because he “played down” Covid-19.
And they don’t care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies