Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 06:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,396,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The idea that America has fought wars only for profit explains why Trump sees service men/women losers and suckers. If Trump is right it would mean people were/are suckered into joining and potentially losing their lives only to make money for someone else. So, in his view people who went to Vietnam were suckers and he was smart to con his way out of it.

All these comments are in line with what he has said before. He DOES think people in the military are losers and suckers.
This whole post is premised on LIES!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 06:59 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,407,391 times
Once again Donald Trump has done what even God couldn't.

He made liberals love war and the military industrial complex!

LOL> i mean you guys blow my mind.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The idea that America has fought wars only for profit explains why Trump sees service men/women losers and suckers. If Trump is right it would mean people were/are suckered into joining and potentially losing their lives only to make money for someone else. So, in his view people who went to Vietnam were suckers and he was smart to con his way out of it.

All these comments are in line with what he has said before. He DOES think people in the military are losers and suckers.
Nobel Peace Prize

Old 09-09-2020, 07:05 AM

1,131 posts, read 388,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Once again Donald Trump has done what even God couldn't.

He made liberals love war and the military industrial complex!

LOL> i mean you guys blow my mind.
The members the military realize he's trashing their leadership. Future members of the military will think twice about serving. Trump is setting our country back in so many ways in only three years. Sad for the country.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
The members the military realize he's trashing their leadership. Future members of the military will think twice about serving. Trump is setting our country back in so many ways in only three years. Sad for the country.
im a vet. I served in Desert Storm.

i disagree with you wholeheartedly. Taking shots at the brass and reminding the fighting man that the Commander in Chief is on their side and not just going along with the generals isn't going to hurt their feelings. Not at all.

Donald Trump hasn't set our country back. you made a pretty bold statement. you mind pointing out one way he has set the country back?

Old 09-09-2020, 07:14 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,222,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I understand that some big Trump fun moderates politics forum but please do not get ridiculous Trump holds no copyright on his verbal pearls delivered as a President. Ban me for good for what I care, it would be a really nice thing of you to do actually, but the dear leader is saying some stupid crap recently, even the right wing propaganda machine will have trouble spinning it.

These are the words of our fearless commander in chief who was so proud of a big and beautiful military budget he takes all the credits for.

I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.

Eisenhower said this decades ago. Military industrial complex. The govt. needs war and conflict for many reasons. Trump is telling it like it is.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:18 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Lol so where did you serve? What branch?
I assure you us enlisted never trusted the Pentagon elites any more than we trusted the politicians.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Lol so where did you serve? What branch?
I assure you us enlisted never trusted the Pentagon elites any more than we trusted the politicians.
i know! Right??

LOL. seriously only a liberal would think that military men and women would be all upset with the president putting the brass in its place. geez.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:30 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,601,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Eisenhower said this decades ago. Military industrial complex. The govt. needs war and conflict for many reasons. Trump is telling it like it is.
Did Einseinhower accuse Truman in underfunding military? Did Eisenhower boast about big and beautiful military budgets he single handedly pushed through despite shenanigans of the evil military hating democrats? Did Eisenhower call his generals dopes and babies unable to win wars just to turn around and blame those generals for the military operations he authorized as a commander in chief? Trump belongs in a zoo not in the white house.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
This whole post is premised on LIES!!!!
Nope. This tread is about Trump making the "wars for profit" comments, which explain the "losers and suckers" comments. He said it, no matter how badly you want to pretend he didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies