Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 05:25 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I understand that some big Trump fun moderates politics forum but please do not get ridiculous Trump holds no copyright on his verbal pearls delivered as a President. Ban me for good for what I care, it would be a really nice thing of you to do actually, but the dear leader is saying some stupid crap recently, even the right wing propaganda machine will have trouble spinning it.

These are the words of our fearless commander in chief who was so proud of a big and beautiful military budget he takes all the credits for.

I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.
But didn't he restock the military when they didn't have gas and bullets like he always tells us? If the generals are leading us into endless wars, why didn't he use his power to disengage instead of resupply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 05:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times
President Eisenhower made similar recriminations back in the 1950's, with his warnings about the military industrial complex. So, if this accusation was true, for a change, President Trump would be in good company.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:31 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,363,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
There is a thread on this already.

You posted there, please stop.
It's really tough when you are forced to log on the internet and read political threads, especially duplicates.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:33 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times
I remember when Democrats claimed to be against war.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I support Trump, I served 8 years in the Navy, and I can believe high level stars at the Pentagon want to continue this war push for their own profit. Military contractors kiss up to them and offer them all sorts of perks and paid desk positions requiring little to no work in exchange for a bit of military business thrown their way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Are you a well-read person? Have you ever read memoirs from any of the General Officers like Tommy Franks, Schwarzkopf, Wesley Clark, McRaven? If you had, you'd realize that these General Officers love their Soldiers and hate the thought of them having to die in missions. The charge that our military leaders are looking for war to fill their own pockets is reprehensible. Just as reprehensible as calling our warriors who died on the battlefield suckers and losers.
I think some people just feel compelled to justify everything Trump says, even attacks on the military.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:02 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
President Eisenhower made similar recriminations back in the 1950's, with his warnings about the military industrial complex. So, if this accusation was true, for a change, President Trump would be in good company.
If the US military is as corrupt as Trump says, then why on earth isn't he doing something about it?

On the contrary, he brags about having given them more money than anyone before him. You loved it when he threw all that money at them, and now you claim it's a corrupt.

You speak out of both sides of your mouth

Old 09-08-2020, 06:09 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I understand that some big Trump fun moderates politics forum but please do not get ridiculous Trump holds no copyright on his verbal pearls delivered as a President. Ban me for good for what I care, it would be a really nice thing of you to do actually, but the dear leader is saying some stupid crap recently, even the right wing propaganda machine will have trouble spinning it.

These are the words of our fearless commander in chief who was so proud of a big and beautiful military budget he takes all the credits for.

I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.
Anyone not new to the news already knows that what Trump said is true. It has been in the news during all the wars and conflicts about the crooked politicians and contractors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Wow. Some people have a problem with Trump saying this?
The military industrial complex has some new fans, I guess.
Interesting. I thought the left was anti-war? Now they're pro-war?
Weird.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status...52414040248320

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhVfQb3U...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhVfQdqV...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhVfQplV...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhVfQvhV...jpg&name=small
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is going after the military industrial complex

Great news
Yeah, I thought they wanted to dissolve the military and use the money saved to pay off their college loans, get that guaranteed monthly income for not working, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump has a point. Lol

The problem is that it’s coming out of HIS mouth. He’s the same dope who had Qasem Soleimani murdered...(at the behest of Israel no doubt) after falsely accusing him of being a terrorist, and could’ve EASILY plunged us into another losing war.

So Trump has no credibility on the issue. He’s still right, however.
Shocked! Yes, you are right that Trump is right on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I support Trump, I served 8 years in the Navy, and I can believe high level stars at the Pentagon want to continue this war push for their own profit. Military contractors kiss up to them and offer them all sorts of perks and paid desk positions requiring little to no work in exchange for a bit of military business thrown their way.
I worked for the Department of Army, was in the military myself, and saw all the news stories over the decades about the corruption between politicians and military contractors. How anyone would not have known about this fact that Trump mentioned, I have no idea.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
What happened to the anti-war movement? We currently have none, but a lot of anti-war/non-interventionist people, like myself, are happy that Trump hasn't invaded any countries or toppled any regimes, like Iraq or Libya. Or gotten us involved in Syria or Iran. He ran on 'no more useless foreign wars.' Calling out the military industrial complex...that's not a bad thing.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Aren't those big wigs at the Pentagon Trump appointees?

Old 09-09-2020, 03:42 AM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Aren't those big wigs at the Pentagon Trump appointees?
Admirals and generals are not appointed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies