Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 10:22 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Please... having ancestors who were brought to America means you are far better off today than you would otherwise be. On the whole, America has been very good for Africans. So why don't you chill, and find a few blessings to count.
Nope. No one can predict how the West or Central Africa would have been without European colonialism and with the millions and millions of individuals that would have been born, raised and contributing to the betterment of their societies.

Just like no one knows what Europe would have been like if so much of their population weren’t able to run to other lands and were forced to pull themselves up by their bootstraps on their own shores.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:24 PM

798 posts, read 502,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodthebadtheugly View Post
can you imagine if a couple of white folks had tried to create the white version of this...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...al-oppression/
different strokes for different folks

Old 09-20-2020, 10:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
That is wonderful and I am happy for you but you are only one data point. The statistics are out there if you want to be informed. Welfare is distributed roughly 40% white 40% black and 20% other.
And Whites should be ashamed of this. No slavery. No Jim Crow...and still 40 percent of welfare? It’s actually amazing that after all that African-Americans have been through in this country that they don’t make up a larger percentage. Welfare was even available almost exclusively to whites for decades before it was available to African-Americans (and perhaps other minorities). How is it that even with the homesteads and other benefits given to whites that still they make up 40 percent of the welfare population. African-Americans had billions in wealth stolen from them through terrorizing them off their land, burning of their communities, denials of GI benefits etc. Whites did not experience that. Why aren’t they doing better?

Sorry but as a first-generation American, I don’t know why some White Americans like to point out welfare statistics to Black Americans as though it makes White Americans look good or something...

Old 09-21-2020, 01:14 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
And will this lovely black city be free of: smashed store front windows, burned out churches, burning cop cars, imploded monuments, (graffitti on the walls, streets, faces, clothes, hats, hair, cars, sidewalks of the members) burned out federal buildings, marches in front of confederate flags, gentle protests about Aunt Jemima Syrup bottles and looted Goochi stores along with trashed Nike and Rolex stores?

Since some violent folks thought it was okay to do this. I expect this new city to donate its time and clean up the messes their violent BLM they supported left behind, all Ya'll can clean up those cities!
I feel sorry for you, this level of ignorance and hatred is painful to observe even on an anonymous message board.

And I know they don't sell their products at Dollar General, but it's Gucci - not Goochi, LOL!

Last edited by JMatl; 09-21-2020 at 01:22 AM..

Old 09-21-2020, 01:36 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Can you imagine if a couple of white folks had tried to create the white version of this...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...al-oppression/
I don’t think there’s anything wrong necessarily with what these women are doing. Most people prefer to live in communities with other like-minded folks and demographics they are comfortable with. How many white families choose to move into a minority neighborhood? Seriously?

Let’s not pretend this is unusual in America.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:29 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
As a black man, I wouldn’t want to live in any all black neighborhood until we blacks prove we won’t shoot each other up, burn/loot/riot local businesses every month, and destroy local K-12 schools with disruptive students from noninvolved parents.

We have to hold ourselves accountable for our own self-inflicted problems, because society isn’t going to save us.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:44 AM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
So you would be OK with other groups doing this? Because why would anyone oppose that!

FWIW, if you answered NO to the above question, then you have disproven your own rationale.
If 20 families pool their funds and buy land to develop, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

It is important to understand the context.

African Americans face housing, job and wage discrimination. Discrimination, micro aggresions, etc. directly lead to lowered life expectancy among African Americans. As part of self preservation, it is natural to want to isolate and build your own.

There are many facets of housing discrimination that results in African Americans being prevented from residing in many neighborhoods. My suggestion is to research the various methods used in the past and that are still currently practiced.

But, I understand the premise of your question. I understand the psychological mind construct.

Since slavery, there is a mindset that African Americans are still the property of some one else, a feeling that they need permission to even live.

So, when a group of African Americans does something like what these families did, it befuddles many racists.

But, what usually happens is that there is no extensive vertical integration of resources, factors of production, etc.

So, what occurs is that a city is established but other non-Blacks controlled the media, food, farm supplies, water distribution, water rights, timber, etc. etc.

But, here is the key point, Black people have established cities and even civilizations before.

Interesting question that you should not only ask but answer is - why do civilizations fail?

Or, more importantly, Why is it in the best interest of another civilization to destroy another civilization?

As I stated to someone recently, the quickest way for a civilization to advance is to not completely destroy another civilization but to strategically destroy the "resistance" but spare the lives of women and the pre-existing knowledge of the civilization that will be taken over.

For if you completely destroy the civilization, then you cannot steal the knowledge and claim it as your own.

Envision the following, as a group of people come upon a civilization and about to destroy it, how can it be done and the knowledge/expertise is preserved that the conquered people possess?

It would have to be some degree of pre-meditation as to what should be destroyed. Right?

There is an art to this, a strategy.

All knowledge is based on prior knowledge but the conquered will never get credit!

Old 09-21-2020, 03:05 AM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black man, I wouldn’t want to live in any all black neighborhood until we blacks prove we won’t shoot each other up, burn/loot/riot local businesses every month, and destroy local K-12 schools with disruptive students from noninvolved parents.

We have to hold ourselves accountable for our own self-inflicted problems, because society isn’t going to save us.
At first, I was going to unequivocally agree with you.

But, I would not have a problem in living in an all Black upper middle class or wealthy Black neighborhood.

The key distinction is along socio-economic class where individuals in inter-generational poverty may have become de-sensitized to a certain extent and value self preservation by any means necessary (even if it is immoral) more so than a great education and the rewards that hard work and a great education provides.

There needs to be intercession by outside forces! If a person drops out of school before the age of 16 and births a child, there needs to be timely intercession to alter the predicted course of future hardship!

It is the concentration of impoverished people in substandard housing and many years of housing and job discrimination, proliferation of drugs and accessibility of guns that has birthed the current dynamic!

Also, the imagery within music videos and lyrics of certain musical artists that further this vicious cycle.

I agree with the fact that parenting is an issue. But parenting is an issue across all racial and socio-economic classes.

Old 09-21-2020, 06:17 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

If you really believe there is no difference between Black people coming together to build a community and underclass Blacks who build nothing, that is just sad. You really believe that a Black community that is middle-upper class is the same as a Black community populated mostly by underclass types?

By the way, I know that no one is going to save us. And so do those women trying to build a community. Why else do you think they would be pooling their money to build such a community?

Old 09-21-2020, 06:25 AM

208 posts, read 100,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Answer this question. For anyone who uses this thread as an opportunity to make crass, bigoted remarks toward the entire Black population, what good is it doing? How is this helping anyone? How is it helping this discussion? What is it doing other than showing a childish, bigoted mindset? What does one hope to accomplish by making such stupid remarks?
You can't just label any truthful statement that is critical to be racist or bigoted. I mean BLM and the left falsely accuse white people of being racist EVERYDAY nonstop on repeat to cover for thier own issues and thats okay to you?? Thats what they blame everything on, and caucasions just have to set back and take it with no reasonable pushback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies