Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 10:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

The narrative shifts...Al Sharpton says we need police to be safe

For the first time in forever, I actually agree with Sharpton!

But this too shall pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Too late to avoid political damage.

Not too late to push this message, gain momentum, and save lives.

They had a poll on this last month where 80% of black folk wanted the police.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:32 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
In an interview with MSNBC, Sharpton talks about how we need police, especially in communities of color who are seeing more gun violence this summer. He says this 'defund the police' nonsense is something a latte liberal in the Hamptons favors....and that people in urban areas are less safe with fewer police.

This is the beginning of the establishment slowly distancing themselves from the anti-police rhetoric of BLM, and then eventually BLM itself. The alliance with BLM was always a political ploy, and now BLM and its radical agenda is becoming a liability.

Everyone knows police are essential to keeping people safe, and that addressing their wrongdoing shouldn't involve defunding police.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/al-sha...-latte-liberal
Just curious, since I never watch MSNBC, do they scroll captions in English across the bottom of the screen when Al Sharpton is speaking? And, does Tawana Brawley ever guest host on his show?

Old 09-08-2020, 10:32 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't know one person who thinks we shouldn't have police.
Me neither. Defunding the police doesnt mean to get rid of them.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:34 AM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
In an interview with MSNBC, Sharpton talks about how we need police, especially in communities of color who are seeing more gun violence this summer. He says this 'defund the police' nonsense is something a latte liberal in the Hamptons favors....and that people in urban areas are less safe with fewer police.

This is the beginning of the establishment slowly distancing themselves from the anti-police rhetoric of BLM, and then eventually BLM itself. The alliance with BLM was always a political ploy, and now BLM and its radical agenda is becoming a liability.

Everyone knows police are essential to keeping people safe, and that addressing their wrongdoing shouldn't involve defunding police.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/al-sha...-latte-liberal
Sounds like Sharpton might want to consider Trump, rather than Biden/Harris who have been in 100% for criminalizing minor things to put blacks in jail and now have been in favor of taking away police protection from black communities.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I have seen many Democrats saying we don't need the police and they should be defunded at the very least or disbanded at the very worst.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:38 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
I'm dizzy from the Dems spinning this topic

Old 09-08-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Me neither. Defunding the police doesnt mean to get rid of them.
It actually does. When you take away funding, you take away the funds (money) to pay the salary of the officers. When you don't have money to pay the salaries, you have to terminate the services of the police officers. It's kinda basic math 101.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:41 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Nothing new here.

Quote:
Me neither.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:45 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
It actually does. When you take away funding, you take away the funds (money) to pay the salary of the officers. When you don't have money to pay the salaries, you have to terminate the services of the police officers. It's kinda basic math 101.
I think it means to not provide them with all the military equipment and vehicles. Police departments dont need military vehicles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies