Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 09:46 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Maybe, but lets not take either extreme in regards to her. I have know very good people that get mixed up with the wrong person, and it adversely effects their lives. This more commonly happens when some women are attracted to "bad boys".
I suspect that might be what happened to Ms. Taylor.
Even so, she likely never figured her attraction, lust and/or love of the loser would result in her death, or even a shootout in her home.

That said, unless there is evidence to the contrary, she was involved with more than just a bad boy. He was a criminal gangster, willing to endanger her by shooting at police.
So I do not see how rational people can want to riot over what seems to be legitimate action by the police. That is unless they just want an excuse to loot and destroy.

Another seemingly insane example is where a cop recently shot a guy running toward him with a knife. He was called to the scene because a guy with a knife was threating people, and had stabbed at least 4 others. Then he charged the officer (all caught on video).
Yet riots ensued, despite the police taking the unprecedented step by releasing the video footage right away, so the public could see exactly what happened.

[Keep in mind they did this because the cop was white and the attacker was black. So they went against their own policy because of race.
Had it been a cop of any color shooting a white thug charging at them with a knife, they would have to release the video before trial. Why?
Well that is another subject]

So if these anti-American fascists succeed in causing cops not to shoot to defend their own lives against guns and knives, the cops will just stop responding or quit. Either will be exactly what the BLM/Antifa anarchists want.

As to Barkley, when anyone goes against the leftist narrative, they are attacked with predictability. Why?
Because like the fascists they are, they can intimidate people into remaining silent, so they can control the narrative.
Another prime example not even involving race was when Martina Navratilova gave her knowledgeable view that allowing transgender men to compete in women's sports was a mistake, because it would ruin women's sports.
This coming from a respected woman's championship tennis player, and herself a homosexual. So you would think she might be able to speak her mind on LGBTxyz issues without attack. Especially for such a reasonable opinion shared by the vast majority of sane people.

But no, she was attacked in viscous ways (that is never suppose to happen to a woman), and she was even removed as board member of some group, all because she expressed a differing opinion from the leftist mob.
She herself is a Democrat, liberal, a leftist activist, etc.
Yet if you are not in total 100% goosestep with the fascists, they will make you pay a price, to deter others from having the right to their own thoughts and free to express such.

I am sure Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler are having a laugh.

`
Wrong again. He was not a criminal gangster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 09:47 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think the problem with the drug laws is that it gives the bad cops (which not the same as all cops) a get out jail free card when things go awry. It also turns police departments into profit centers when they start confiscating property.

The other thing I am disappointed is not being mentioned are the common triggers for drug addiction- mental health problems and abuse. We could solve a large portion of our drug problem by providing more/better services from people suffering those issues.
The beat cop police officers do not write the laws or rules, that's the elected politicians, legislators and bureaucrats. It's interesting how the people writing bad laws and police procedures which lead to tragedies like this, never get any blame.

So the state legislature and bureaucrats write laws telling the police they must do XYZ, and it's the police who get assaulted by the mob, while the political elites look down from their ivory towers, completely blameless.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:51 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lol, drugs are a source for a lot, a whole lot, of crime. A junkie that cannot hold a job due to drug use, is going to commit crime to get the money for those drugs. A person on drugs is often not a rational thinker, and engages in criminal activity, often violence. Drug dealers and gangs on all levels use violence to control their drug trade.

Drugs are the number one problem in the US.

The fact they are illegal is the problem. I am not saying that drugs are a good thing. However if they were legal, taxed and regulated as well as free rehab for those addicted it would eliminate most of the problems you mentioned.

Making booze legal again after prohibition did not end alcoholism. But it did end the crime and the black market associated with it.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:03 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Wrong again. He was not a criminal gangster.
You’re right. Her current boyfriend wasn’t engaged in the criminal lifestyle, the issue is that she never severed all ties with her ex that was engaged in that activity. Her name was on the search warrant because she was receiving packages for him, he used that address, she was seen at the trap house, and she rented a car in her name with a dead body found in it. This kind of stuff puts you on the radar to the police.

I can’t stand that she was killed and it was a very unfortunate situation, but the narrative surrounding it does not add up. I was very upset about it and believed the narrative when I first heard about it, then I found out more pertinent facts surrounding the incident.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:07 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Murder? No. But some type of manslaughter or reckless homicide.

I've made this comparison before. Say there is a group of 10 people standing on the street. One of them pulls out a gun and shoots at a cop. Should the police blindly open fire into the whole group? How did the police know there weren't innocent little kids in Breonna's apartment when they opened fire?
This is a BS argument. You fire on police and if bullets are flying stuff happens. I wasn't there, you weren't either, but sure as hell if bullet start flying and the police return fire it's uncontrolled chaos almost, for a spilt second people have to make decisions and things can unfortunately happen.

The point is is that the narrative is being pushed is complete BS, yeah, it's unfortunate that she was killed but it doesn't rise up to manslaughter or reckless homicide. People are acting like the police snuck in and creeped up on these people and just willy nilly shot them down in cold bold. It's beyond asinine.

The third guy that got charged was determined to be reckless.

How everyone can armchair quarterbacks this stuff is amazing to me, particularly because they weren't there and they don't know how they'd respond because they ain't law enforcement.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:10 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Have you read the timeline on this event?!

If police broke down my door like that, I would be firing first and asking questions later too!! In these days, you cannot be sure if the cops are 'the good guys' or not. , (especially when drugs are involved)...in case some of you were not aware, a lot of the drugs police 'confiscate'...make their way back to the streets, police 'trade' them for favors.
So you'd shoot your firearm without knowing who you are shooting at? I sure hope you do not own any firearms. TRAINED firearm owner's know to identify the person before firing their weapons. The guy shot the cop through the door, it could have been anybody on the other side of that door.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I'm still stuck on the bad chain of events that didn't advise anyone that the suspect was already in custody.

That's another piece of the story that's being left out. Yes, her ex boyfriend was in jail at the time of the raid but the warrant wasn't for him, it was for Breonna. They had her under surveillance for weeks during an investigation of a drug ring that her ex was neck deep in and she was too. They had cameras installed on electrical poles pointed directly at her apartment. She was coordinating drug drops with him while he was in jail and their phone conversations were being recorded by police. He even said in another phone conversation with someone else that Breonna was handling the money and that she had $8000 of it.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:19 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
It's funny to see the party that loves the 2nd Amendment, attack a guy for defending his home at night by civilian clothed police who all but ONE person said did NOT announce themselves. It appeared to be an attack by armed men. Typically, the 2nd Amendment people say that's grounds for armed defense. Here, the guy shoots one time and they return volley by wildly shooting (almost shooting neighbors) and killing his girlfriend. All because the girlfriend had a relationship with some other guy two years before. But nooooo the guy that thought they were under attack by armed men (police WITHOUT UNIFORMS) is the bad guy. Reminds me of how the right attacked Philando Castile, who had a license to carry, was not even the driver of the car and was guilty of nothing more than saying he legally carried a gun. Of course, both being black has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Someone asserted that she was a low level drug dealer herself. That she aided her ex knowingly. That may be the case, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. If I loan my bf my car, that doesn't mean that I know he is using it to sell drugs. Or if we share a car, whatever.

But even if she DID, being so low level, yes, why the middle of the night battering ram?

This was NOT the residence where the drug activity and danger was concentrated.

3 warrants were signed at the same time. All no knock. Hers was changed, not a no knock, yet they proceeded as if they had one.

A quick knock and a soft 'police' is not sufficient for people to be woken up and really know what is taking place.

A battering ram out of nowhere is what prompted her current boyfriend to shoot in self defense. It all could have been avoided with a proper knock and announce.
There was evidence of her involvement in drug running. While her ex was in jail, he and Breonna coordinated drug drops over the phone. Kind of stupid they didn't consider jail house phone conversations are monitored and recorded. They also had her under camera surveillance for weeks prior to the raid on her home.

They did not do the "no knock warrant". When the cops that did the raid were in a meeting at the beginning of their shift getting instructions for the raid, it was decided they would knock and identify themselves and they did. Her boyfriend's statement to the police even says they knocked and a neighbor who witnessed the cops at her door stated they did knock and they did identify themselves.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:35 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
There was evidence of her involvement in drug running. While her ex was in jail, he and Breonna coordinated drug drops over the phone. Kind of stupid they didn't consider jail house phone conversations are monitored and recorded. They also had her under camera surveillance for weeks prior to the raid on her home.

They did not do the "no knock warrant". When the cops that did the raid were in a meeting at the beginning of their shift getting instructions for the raid, it was decided they would knock and identify themselves and they did. Her boyfriend's statement to the police even says they knocked and a neighbor who witnessed the cops at her door stated they did knock and they did identify themselves.
Actually, only ONE neighbor heard the police announce. And the police took her door with a freaking battering ram during the night. And the police were wearing plain clothes. For the 2nd Amendment fans, why wouldn't her boyfriend think they were under attack during the night if they didn't know and couldn't tell it was the police?

"In what was probably the most frustrating part of Cameron’s press event, he cited a single witness who claimed to have heard the officers identify themselves as police. I spoke with Taylor’s lawyers in June, who at that time had interviewed 11 of her neighbors. Many lived in the same apartment building as Taylor. According to the lawyers, no neighbor heard an announcement. The New York Times interviewed 12 neighbors. They found one — just one — who heard an announcement. And he only heard one announcement. He also told the paper that with all the commotion, it’s entirely possible that Walker and Taylor didn’t hear that announcement. Cameron neglected to mention any of this."

Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...reonna-taylor/

What right wingers love to do is assassinate the character of victims of police shootings to justify police actions. Yet if they were in the exact situation, plain clothes people coming into their home during the night with a battering ram, they would be the first to grab a gun, citing the castle doctrine.

"The really sad part about this is that Cameron’s misleading statement about the witness who heard police announce — along with the fact the Walker fired first — has led some to put the blame for Taylor’s death on Walker. What Walker did that night is what just about anyone would have done if they thought they or their loved ones were under attack. Walker and Taylor were in love. They had been discussing marriage. He was defending a woman he wanted to marry, and with whom he wanted to raise a family. To put her death on him only adds to his pain and grief. It’s just incredibly cruel."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...reonna-taylor/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies