Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 11:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I got the names mixed. All you are doing is making excuses for her because she's black.

You're actually going to insult peoples intelligence by saying she was completely clueless as to what Glover was doing? That a black woman raised in that environment is incapable of recognizing what is happening? Because black women are that stupid?
Has nothing to do with names. You were talking about the guy who was in her apt that night and shot at police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 01:51 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Her rented car.
A lot of people lease cars. They're still the responsible party.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:00 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A lot of people lease cars. They're still the responsible party.
She rented a car for him.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:03 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
She rented a car for him.
That, among other things, is what makes her complicit. Aiding and abetting drug trafficking, hence the search warrant naming her specifically and her home address.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:05 AM

606 posts, read 354,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No ones saying that. Your comments are dishonest. You come across as someone with a twisted agenda. She wasn't an innocent which is what the media is lying about. Her actions caused the police to do what they did. Granted the break in raid should never have happened but in no way is she an innocent bystander.

And here is what it's about. Another false race card player. Jussie is that you?
“She wasn’t innocent.†Do you not see what you just did there? You’re already assuming she’s guilty with no due process. You’re saying her actions caused the police to kill her, according to your assumption that she’s already guilty. Therefore, if she died, who really cares, right? She had it coming, didn’t she?

So basically you just reiterated my point. She didn’t get her due process and you just assumed her guilt, and her guilt logically leads to death without trial.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:15 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
If police thought her apartment had illegal things they could have done surveillance until they knew it was empty then get the key from the landlord to search it. Apartment landlords will do a search unannounced to determine if you have a pet, you really don't think they could search it with a police warrant?

A key piece of info I still haven't heard is where Taylor was relative to where her friend fired the single shot from. If they were close together I could see not charging the police. If she was in another room I could see reckless homicide charges against cops.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
“She wasn’t innocent.†Do you not see what you just did there? You’re already assuming she’s guilty with no due process. You’re saying her actions caused the police to kill her, according to your assumption that she’s already guilty. Therefore, if she died, who really cares, right? She had it coming, didn’t she?

So basically you just reiterated my point. She didn’t get her due process and you just assumed her guilt, and her guilt logically leads to death without trial.
Criminals are always guilty until proven innocent. This is how the media does things whether you talk left or right, MSM or fringe or even the town busy body on Facebook, Next Door or City-Data. Central Park 5, Rodney King, OJ Simpson, Abner Lulima, Amadou Diallo, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Daniel Shaver among countless other. Now we include Breonna Taylor, George Floyd as those who are victims of smeer campaigns and have been raked through the mud by the media and individuals and made guilty even if they didn't actually do it.

I don't like Jodi Arias but I am sure she wasn't given a fair trial and now we find that the prosecutor has been removed to misconduct during the trial. I think OJ was the likely killer of his ex-wife Nicole and Ron Goldman, but he was found not guilty. Most of these people were never given justice though the legal system.

Mind you we also defend rapists. We say "the woman didn't say 'no'", bring up the victim's sexual exploits, and look to how long claims took to come forward (not realizing rape messes with people for years and years and years after the fact, more so than most violent crimes.)

We need to change our mindset as a society to stop and wait until the courts release charges or a verdict. Except for cops because most times we already know there aren't gonna be charges even if they are no better than the scumbag they think they are subduing...

Old 09-27-2020, 11:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If police thought her apartment had illegal things they could have done surveillance until they knew it was empty then get the key from the landlord to search it. Apartment landlords will do a search unannounced to determine if you have a pet, you really don't think they could search it with a police warrant?

A key piece of info I still haven't heard is where Taylor was relative to where her friend fired the single shot from. If they were close together I could see not charging the police. If she was in another room I could see reckless homicide charges against cops.
EXACTLY!!!

I have a feeling police regularly jump the gun on these drug raids...they can seize EVERYTHING, real estate, vehicles, cash, bank accts, etc!!!( if they find any evidence of drugs)...

Maybe the local police dept wanted a new apartment complex?! LOL

Old 09-27-2020, 11:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That, among other things, is what makes her complicit. Aiding and abetting drug trafficking, hence the search warrant naming her specifically and her home address.
Law enforcement is also guilty of 'aiding and abetting drug trafficking'.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:44 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Law enforcement is also guilty of 'aiding and abetting drug trafficking'.
Summed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCd...mithproduction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies