Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 06:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
We all know those cops will get off for murdering Breonna Taylor. I may be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

May her soul rest in peace.
That's what I'm thinking, no accountability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Hardly murder.

From what I read, the cops were fired upon first, and returned fire in self-defense.

But facts don’t matter to some people.
According to all reports, the police didn't address themselves as police and the boyfriend shot fearing that it was a home invasion. But because they are black and the invaders were police it is fine. Gimme a break. Those police should be removed from the force and be in jail for the rest of their lives like the murderers they are. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Old 09-21-2020, 06:58 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
The police broke down a door, and do not appear to have announced themselves properly. They had a shot fired at them because they were breaking down someones door. They then shot someone who was unarmed 8 times.

When they filed their reports they indicated it was a unforced entry-a lie. And...mysteriously the majority of the incident report "vanished" due to a technical error. Uh huh.

Heres the thing. I dont think they planned to murder someone. I think they acted like unaccountable cops who could do whatever they wanted. They were used to having overwhelming force, and got sloppy with warrants, and procedure. As such they broke someones door down without sufficiently announcing themselves. And that negligence lead to the death of this innocent woman.

Yes Ive read the arguments on all sides on this. Reality is it looks like she was not committing any crimes at the moment, and was getting her act together. The ex BF was a bad guy.

My opinion? Negligent manslaughter. They 100% deserve time for their poor work. Add a lot of time if it looks like they tried to cover it up. But a poorly done prosecution could let them walk. If that happens? Yeah theres going to be violence. And we've seen prosecutions of cops done at a simply negligent level before. Its why were having so many problems right now in many ways. No justice No peace is a popular chant with protestors because it sums this up perfectly.

But I dont see murder charges. But maybe its defined differently in that jurisdiction.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:03 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
According to all reports, the police didn't address themselves as police and the boyfriend shot fearing that it was a home invasion. But because they are black and the invaders were police it is fine. Gimme a break. Those police should be removed from the force and be in jail for the rest of their lives like the murderers they are. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.
You should really look into other stories like this where the people who were shot weren't black. I'm sorry that you don't do any research on your own. You can go back to sleep now.

https://reason.com/2020/03/16/maryla...p-family-says/

Old 09-21-2020, 07:09 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
We all know those cops will get off for murdering Breonna Taylor. I may be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

How did they murder her?

Old 09-21-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
You should really look into other stories like this where the people who were shot weren't black. I'm sorry that you don't do any research on your own. You can go back to sleep now.

https://reason.com/2020/03/16/maryla...p-family-says/
That was a different situation not Taylor's. We are not talking about that case.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Funny how the guy didn't catch a single bullet but the girlfriend caught 8.

I think loverboy was using her for a meatshield.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:36 PM

495 posts, read 192,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The police broke down a door, and do not appear to have announced themselves properly. They had a shot fired at them because they were breaking down someones door. They then shot someone who was unarmed 8 times.

When they filed their reports they indicated it was a unforced entry-a lie. And...mysteriously the majority of the incident report "vanished" due to a technical error. Uh huh.

Heres the thing. I dont think they planned to murder someone. I think they acted like unaccountable cops who could do whatever they wanted. They were used to having overwhelming force, and got sloppy with warrants, and procedure. As such they broke someones door down without sufficiently announcing themselves. And that negligence lead to the death of this innocent woman.

Yes Ive read the arguments on all sides on this. Reality is it looks like she was not committing any crimes at the moment, and was getting her act together. The ex BF was a bad guy.

My opinion? Negligent manslaughter. They 100% deserve time for their poor work. Add a lot of time if it looks like they tried to cover it up. But a poorly done prosecution could let them walk. If that happens? Yeah theres going to be violence. And we've seen prosecutions of cops done at a simply negligent level before. Its why were having so many problems right now in many ways. No justice No peace is a popular chant with protestors because it sums this up perfectly.

But I dont see murder charges. But maybe its defined differently in that jurisdiction.
You may be right, but if so, none of the cops’ actions was based on racism. Why is BLM involved?

This is the thing. There is no evidence that any of these cases of cops killing blacks is based on racism.

That’s why this BLM movement is such a joke.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:38 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:

You don't understand what murder is, but yes, you are right they will correctly be found to have no case to answer.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:42 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:

Maybe her boyfriend shouldn’t have opened fire first, but I realize the pro-criminal crowd doesn’t care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies