Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 08:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I don’t want a world without police. Just not where police are excused for the same stuff civilians would be severely punished for...
Ah we agree at last. YES!!!! We should absolutely hold our police to a higher standard than we do thugs, or even average citizens. After all the police are paid public servants. I can excuse honest mistakes. I can even excuse mistakes made in the heat of battle. What I won't excuse is a Ruby Ridge, a Waco, or needlessly kicking doors down and storming in like jack booted thugs. WE are better than that.

Yes, I get that sometimes lives are in danger. I get that the option of waiting isn't realistic. How often is that?

I'll be honest, someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, I am not thinking, damn did I pay that parking ticket, I am thinking home invasion. I would defend myself and family first, ask questions later. Most sane people would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 08:38 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, they kicked the door in, and the occupant says he thought they were intruders and resorted to self defense. She was shot 8 times. 11 witnesses say the cops never announced their arrival.

If someone kicks your door in, do you not have the right to self defense, especially when there is no announcement the intruders are cops?

Either way, it seems the city will pay her family $12 million and also agreed to reform policing, so its a settled matter.
FALSE!!!! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wha...f-c36eb4bd7cc1

Old 09-23-2020, 08:39 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Reports are now saying 3 officers were shot.
What was the "protestor's" quota?

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times
Would there have been riots if the officers had been indicted for murder 1?

I tend to think there would have, possibly with the same violence.

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night. Are you not going to shoot to protect yourself and your family?

No-knock raids are a setup, and this is the proof.
False! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wha...f-c36eb4bd7cc1

They did knock and announced themselves! There’s also witnesses proving that fact!

Old 09-23-2020, 08:43 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
2 officers down, rioters shot at them Brook & Broadway in Louisville, KY

This is going to destroy Biden, especially since we all found out today it wasn't a "no knock" warrant

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/breakin...-officer-down/
All of the words of the Democrat Blue Checkmarks are going to make a hell of a Trump campaign ad.

Notable that Kamala Harris took a more somewhat diplomatic approach. But bailing out rioters will be problematic for her.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:44 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The National Guard, the state police, and police from other jurisdictions are all in Louisville.
I see where the Gov. called in the National Guard. I had read earlier that he hadnt, so I just hadnt caught up.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:46 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I see where the Gov. called in the National Guard. I had read earlier that he hadnt, so I just hadnt caught up.
Good. They need to clean the streets, with or w/o the rioters consent.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:46 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ah we agree at last. YES!!!! We should absolutely hold our police to a higher standard than we do thugs, or even average citizens. After all the police are paid public servants. I can excuse honest mistakes. I can even excuse mistakes made in the heat of battle. What I won't excuse is a Ruby Ridge, a Waco, or needlessly kicking doors down and storming in like jack booted thugs. WE are better than that.

Yes, I get that sometimes lives are in danger. I get that the option of waiting isn't realistic. How often is that?

I'll be honest, someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, I am not thinking, damn did I pay that parking ticket, I am thinking home invasion. I would defend myself and family first, ask questions later. Most sane people would.
You need to pay attention and catch up. They did knock. They did announce that they were the police. It wasn't about a parking ticket and the boyfriend knew it.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Those actions are inherent in their job description. If civilians went around arresting people, they would be severely punished for it.

I think there can be conversations about limiting the situations where cops knock down doors, but that's just a thing that has to happen sometimes.
There are a lot of instances where we cut the police a ton of slack compared to what you or I would get from them.

Do you think that they investigate their own with the same tenacity that they would a civilian? There are enough blatant cases out there to cause anyone to question the system.

He honest. The police roll up on the scene and find me kneeling on a dead man's neck , who I had in handcuffs ,3 of my buddies standing there watching. The reason? I suspected him of using counterfeit money.

What would my outcome be? You know I would be hit with about a dozen felony charges including murder. You know it.

What if I saw someone break into my garage. I then shot them as they ran away? Not even on my property? Some states that is allowed, but not most.

WE need to hold them to as high a standard as they hold us. WE also need an outside agency to investigate them when there is a cop related shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies