Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 01:09 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A valid charge that will support the lawsuit of the neighbors against the city.

$12 million to Taylor's family.

??? to Taylor's boyfriend.

??? to Taylor's neighbors.

The police department did not do the bang-up job you are claiming. It was botched badly. And the city pays. I hope the police learn from this, and improve.
And by "the city pays" does that mean the taxpayers?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 01:25 PM

208 posts, read 100,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of posters who bought guns for this particular reason.
Well the cops need to have reasonable cause to do this. They can't just go around kicking in doors if you don't give them reasonable cause.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:27 PM

208 posts, read 100,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
This fact has been reported in every story I’ve heard/read.

As someone who’s been the victim of a break in while I was home I can tell you that I would have done the exact same thing Ms. Taylor’s BF did. If you are kicking my door in and refuse to identify yourself I will have no choice but to assume you are there to cause harm to me and steal my belongings. I will shoot first and deal with the fallout later. If it’s gonna be me or you going down it’s gonna be you if I have any chance at all to fight back.

If Ms. Taylor and her BF were white I believe that they would be receiving a lot more empathy/sympathy from Trump supporters.
And how does your criminal record compare to "Ms. Taylor's Boyfriend."???

Old 09-24-2020, 01:30 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Why do you persist in sticking up for bad people?
Who are bad people?

Old 09-24-2020, 01:42 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Thanks. I watched the whole presser...the AG did a great job of explaining the facts. Then I take a break from news, and a few hours later, the guy is being trashed in the media. It's sad.
truly. Some claiming he personally created the verdict since he's a Republican and a "rising star" because of his appearance at the RNC.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie View Post
And how does your criminal record compare to "Ms. Taylor's Boyfriend."???
Well, we know he has no felony record, since his gun was legally owned and registered.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No drugs or cash were found. LE did however find routine mail addressed to the ex on the premises.

That Brianna allowed her ex to use her address for mail was unfortunate. Nothing factual thus far, demonstrates Brianna engaged in drug trafficking.

The attorney for the ex BF, Glover, claims one of the many plea bargains offered to his client included one that required him to implicate the deceased woman. Plea bargains are not public information. Attorney may have been blowing smoke or maybe there was an effort to justify the force used.

Briana’s mother sued Louisville Metro Police for wrongful death. It was settled for $12 million and an agreement to make 12+ Police Reforms.

Given the hour, only one of 12 neighbors claims to have heard the Police announce themselves before breaching the door.

I try to imagine how I might have reacted, under similar, circumstances. I have dogs, motion lights and cameras. I/ we don’t own a gun so the outcome would be different. I also have multiple entrances/ exits.

Under the same circumstances, the outcomes would have likely been the same, regardless of race.

I don’t understand the urgency of these warrants. Seems to me LE could have waited until morning, for someone to emerge and then serve the warrants.
None of that has anything to do with anything. The warrant wasn't for her. It was for the ex boyfriend, who was in custody.

Quote:
The Louisville police officer who obtained the 'no-knock' search warrant that led cops to Breonna Taylor's home could be the next to potentially face charges as the police department and FBI launches an investigation into the case.

LMPD Detective Joshua Jaynes was identified as the officer who had requested a search warrant to Taylor's apartment hours before her death on March 12, in pursuit of her ex-boyfriend and drug suspect Jamarcus Glover.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rged-next.html

Old 09-24-2020, 02:05 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
IMHO ... a lot of this does not matter ...

A law enforcement system sent police to a home of law abiding citizens in the middle of the night and initiated a situation that resulted in the death of an innocent.

End of story.

Again, IMHO, that makes the law enforcement system responsible and accountable.

All this had to start with a shoddy investigation, faulty information, and poor execution.

There is plenty of blame to go around all the way from the Chief, his investigators, the judge that signed the warrant to the LEOs assigned the duty to service the warrant.

Unfortunately, crap rolls down hill and the LEOs are facing the brunt where the core issue is more about policy, procedure and training.

Again, its just hard for me to get over the fact that police can break into innocent peoples house anytime and kill them with impunity.

That is just wrong and there has to be change.
According to a three-page affidavit, Jaynes said Glover had been spotted making 'frequent trips' to Taylor's home and had been receiving suspicious packages there.

He claimed a US postal inspector 'verified' that Glover was receiving packages at Taylor's home, but Louisville inspector Tony Gooden said Louisville police did not ask his office to conduct that investigation, but a different agency did.

He said the local office concluded no potentially suspicious mail was being sent to Taylor's apartment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rged-next.html

Old 09-24-2020, 02:34 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, a Democrat in custody. Good. Low life’s!
no, a low-life criminal in custody. you do not know his political affiliation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
One less vote for creepy rapist dementia joe and his affirmative action hoe
what's the percentage of criminals that vote anyway? and how do you know he's going to vote biden?

Old 09-24-2020, 02:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I read the news story. Where was it reported that he was a Democrat?
Did he have gold front teeth ? That could be the unspoken word on it !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies