Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
You guys realize that all black people dont think alike, right?
I do. I have one running a shop at one of my companies. I watch soccer with couple of them. Go to a shooting range with few of them. My kids play sports with some of them, and then we bbq with them afterwards. And so on, and so on.

And guess what, they get the same s**t for not engaging in group think. You know what they all have in common? Married, come from a two parent household, educated and/or own their businesses, and/or want to be better and do better.

Blacks aren't inherently smarter/dumber/better/worse, they do however, are being told disproportionately that they're the victims and someone owes them something, even if that someone is their mommy/daddy who can't keep her legs crossed, or his zipper closed. Or the "leaders" they keep electing that perpetuate the cycle of victimhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 07:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
There is proof she was handling the money for the drug dealers. However, to your point, with the evidence we have now, I still don't understand the need for a no-knock or a late raid. From that perspective I still have questions, but there is proof they did not execute the no-knock and did clearly identify themselves as police. I don't buy Walker's story anymore that he thought it was some random person breaking into his house. Maybe he panicked and the gun went off once? One shot is just strange even if he thought it was not the police.
There isn't proof that she was handling the money for the drug dealers. Her ex-boyfriend said she was handling some money for him in a phone conversation And he may have been lying. There is no proof. And there is no proof that they identified themselves. One witness says they did. Eleven others say they didn't. And even if they did, at 2 am, with someone breaking down your front door, you are not focused on what's being said. You are afraid, you are calling 911 for help, you are picking up a gun and firing a shot to try to get the intruders to stop.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:47 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
False. The police have recorded conversations between Taylor and others discussing drug deals, etc. Read the info from a Louisville local news source:

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

And there were actually 5 search warrants issued regarding this drug ring investigation, Taylor's home being one of them, specifically naming Taylor herself in the search warrant. Source: Louisville Courier-Journal.
She absolutely did bail out her drug dealer friends and was seen with them at an actual drug house. But there is no evidence her address received packages for those dealing friends. Which was main reason for the raid at her address. If she was dealing drugs they could've arrested her in broad daylight.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:47 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There isn't proof that she was handling the money for the drug dealers. Her ex-boyfriend said she was handling some money for him in a phone conversation And he may have been lying. There is no proof. And there is no proof that they identified themselves. One witness says they did. Eleven others say they didn't. And even if they did, at 2 am, with someone breaking down your front door, you are not focused on what's being said. You are afraid, you are calling 911 for help, you are picking up a gun and firing a shot to try to get the intruders to stop.
Again, read the Louisville local news source to get accurate background info, including that on the homicide victim found in Taylor's rented car:

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

Old 09-25-2020, 07:49 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
She absolutely did bail out her drug dealer friends and was seen with them at an actual drug house. But there is no evidence her address received packages for those dealing friends. Which was main reason for the raid at her address. If she was dealing drugs they could've arrested her in broad daylight.
The police have surveillance photo evidence of exactly that.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:55 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
I do. I have one running a shop at one of my companies. I watch soccer with couple of them. Go to a shooting range with few of them. My kids play sports with some of them, and then we bbq with them afterwards. And so on, and so on.

And guess what, they get the same s**t for not engaging in group think. You know what they all have in common? Married, come from a two parent household, educated and/or own their businesses, and/or want to be better and do better.

Blacks aren't inherently smarter/dumber/better/worse, they do however, are being told disproportionately that they're the victims and someone owes them something, even if that someone is their mommy/daddy who can't keep her legs crossed, or his zipper closed. Or the "leaders" they keep electing that perpetuate the cycle of victimhood.
Great.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I've wondered that myself.

Plus, it took over twenty minutes before anyone got her medical attention. Why did no one administer first aid to her?
1) it wasn't a safe scene for police to administer.

2) police didn't want any redflags on them.

3) 9-1-1's a joke even 30 years after the Public Enemy song...

Old 09-25-2020, 08:20 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Different scenarios.

One was some rednecks going on a n-word killin'.
One was a bad cop with a lengthy list of complaints and so that raises the point of why he was still on the street.
One was the problem if a system that rubber stamps no knock warrants with so little regard that they're out breaking doors down in half a dozen places to find someone they forgot they already put in jail.

None of the cops involved in execution of the warrant appear to have done anything wrong. They just shouldn't have been there. Someone should have bothered check the roster at the jail before seeking no knock warrants and the courts should be spending more than two minutes in rubber stamping any warrant, especially no knock warrants.
Please learn the facts of the case.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:27 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
its not like it didnt exist elsewhere. i get your point but its not like there was a singular point in time that you could've stopped it. slavery was pretty common all over the world in the old times.
I am a big history buff and have read many non-fiction accounts of the people who settled in the British Colonies that were to become the United States before the Revolution but during the importation of slaves.

Most of the settlers came from England, which is interesting, because when they lived in England most of them were not wealthy, hence coming to the Colonies to get a new start and hopefully better themselves financially. Land was cheap and abundant, but why did they find it ok to import Africans to be sold into chattel slavery in the English colonies when they would have never considered doing such a thing in England? The main reason why England didn't come to the aid of the Confederacy during the Civil War in spite of their textile factories lying idle for want of American cotton was because they found slavery to be reprehensible.

So therefore, it does seem that these people had a choice, not of preventing slavery everywhere, which would have been impossible, but for not allowing it to gain a foothold in the Colonies. Why were people offended by it in England but English people who moved to the Colonies thought it was just fine?

I have often wondered what the United States would look like and be had Africans never been imported against their will to work as slaves. It's beside the point now, but it's an interesting thought.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:29 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
The problem with that “community” is they think violence is the solution to most of their problems unless you carry a badge.
Yes, that is a huge problem. Barkley is right. Good for him for calling out the lying Media and BLM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies