Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 01:20 AM

55 posts, read 6,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Right. So I guess when you just wrote...

"no more white men will be produced in this country. We will become a black society. At that point, racism will end."

... you were trippin'?
Ah - no. Good question, though. Caused some thought. In the phrase you quote, I was using the words as I expect others to understand them, not as though they had some underlying truth they referred to. Communication sometimes requires that we do that, I think. Use words people will understand rather than try to set underlying reality in stone.

Even though the words "black" and "white" refer to no underlying reality, they are, like beauty and ugliness, part of the illusion we all share. IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 01:22 AM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
The statements are illogical!

Racism perpetrated by Whites against Blacks will not be reduced by the increase in the marriage rate between White men and Black women.

White men historically did not have to marry Black women to engage in relations.

White superiority is primarily an attack on Black males. White males are threatened by Black masculinity. Consequently, barriers are systematically embedded whereby many Black males are always on the defensive - continuously in a state of being reactive.

It is imperative that Black males understand and adapt to the various methods that are used!

There is White on White violence, Hispanic on Hispanic violence, Asian on Asian Violence as well.

Poverty is a key factor in Black on Black violence.

Housing and employment discrimination is a key factor in poverty.

It is obvious that the concentration of people in substandard housing in certain areas of a city (areas selected for them due to racism) coupled with employment discrimination, increase in the importation of firearms, exponential increase in drugs, deterioration of the neighborhood infrastructure, decrease of manufacturing base due to automation and/or export of jobs to foreign countries results in a higher probability that poverty will result and crime will increase.

Then, due to the inequities built into the criminal justice system such as jail time for a relatively small amount of drugs, Black men were disproportionately impacted. Filling jails - public as well as for-profit private jails.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
Three ways to help reduce racism:

1) Put the Confederacy in history books, not on flags and statues. Too many traitor lovers in this country. The right-wing morons are nostalgic for slavery, it seems.

2) Address discrimination at every level.

3) Make marijuana legal in southern states so the good ol' boys can chill out and stop getting their panties in a bunch over the color of someone's skin.
You know, I love your ideals, but your tactics are just... wrong. We've tried adjusting people's heads. We've tried manipulating their intellectual environment. We've been trying to for sixty years or more and it just... hasn't... worked. It has failed. That's why George Floyd and Eric Garner and Philando Castile and all the others have died. What we've been doing hasn't worked. It's time to try something different. Intellectual manipulation is just more of the SOS.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:36 AM

Quote:
My tactics are actually uprooting any system that has inherent racial bias it in, but the forum's more extreme members think that change is scary and lash out.

I just didn't want to hurt their feelings
Hmm. You know, believing as I do that racism is part of our ENTIRE SOCIETY, uprooting the whole system does actually scare me. And what guarantee, what promise, what indication is there that uprooting the whole system would do anything to cure racism? I'm afraid what we'd wind up with would be racist anarchy. Not what I'm shooting for, personally.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:12 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurp2.0 View Post
Sure. If we can raise the marriage rate of white men with black women as high as it will go and keep it there for four generations, no more white men will be produced in this country. We will become a black society. At that point, racism will end.

I hope! I suppose it's still possible that black families will continue to value lighter-skinned children over darker-skinned ones; but I think we should make the experiment, and just find out. It would be something, to be the first society in history to have eliminated racism deliberately.
That actually sounds quite racist to me. You want to breed whites out of existence.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:17 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
I've talked to a number of blacks who say they think BLM is bs because BLM activists focus only on "racism" and ignore black on black violence.
No you haven't. Any Black person worth anything already knows Black people devote way more resources to talking about Black on Black violence than we spend on police brutality. Any Black person saying we need ANOTHER avenue to discuss Black on Black violence is a Black person that has NOTHING to do with the Black community.

And bc you started off with that trash opener, I doubt the rest of your post merits any further consideration.

Old 09-09-2020, 03:35 AM

724 posts, read 503,505 times
Your post raises a whole bunch of interesting issues OP , which I'm reluctant to address at length for fear of taking this thread into way off topic territory , but here are a few points I'll be raising briefly that I'll hopefully get the chance to expand on in time/some other thread .

1. I think the main issue with BLM is that a significant segment of it doesn't seem to be pragmatic enough with respect to making alliances . In short a lot of people would be willing to stand with them if they were willing to form/be part of a broad based coalition against police brutality/over regulation ( which is the ultimate fuel behind present day police brutality ) IMHO .

In short I really don't see why individuals who believe that Black Americans are disproportionately victimized by police brutality in this country can't work together with individuals who don't , as long as the two sides don't get bogged down in the debate of who is right about that particular issue and have a common goal , namely standing up against police brutality as such .

Just imagine how much could be accomplished if right wing white militia types , liberal white hipster types , and black people/POC in general were to form a broad based coalition against police brutality and over regulation .

Methinks the Establishment would be shaking in its boots .

2 . The culture of violent masculinity you seem to be referring to is by no means exclusive to Black American males or any other racial/ethnic group of males for that matter .

I think this phenomenon is above all a lower/working class one in this country that exists in every region/physical setting among every racial/ethnic group with certain variations that can be attributed to culture .

Also FWIW old school masculinity is not the same as this type of masculinity you've made reference to IMHO , in spite of certain similarities , with the prime important difference being that it is not nearly as accepting of the use of violence to resolve personal disputes .

I could write more at length about certain aspects of this topic , but for now I think these few lines will suffice .

3. Trying to socially engineer an increase in any type of sexual relationship for the purpose of producing children ( mixed race or otherwise ) doesn't make for good public policy IMHO , due to the highly personal nature of such phenomena .

If consenting adults want to exercise their free will by forming such relationships in an increased manner , then more power to them , but ( to use your example ) putting out advertisements , presumably paid for by the Federal government , encouraging more white men to marry black women would not be a prudent use of government time and money .

I also do not understand the focus on the specific pairing of white males with black females , much less why this sort of proposal should focus solely on interracial relationships involving blacks and whites , but that is neither here nor there .

I think that will be all my input for now , but I might add some more in the future and I look forward to your response .

Old 09-09-2020, 03:54 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Not eliminate; merge. Merge them with black people.

To see this better, imagine that we have the reverse problem, and it's black guys who have to be persuaded to marry white women. The solution would be just the reverse - raise the marriage rate of black guys with white women - but the overall color, if it can be said to have one, of the resulting population would be exactly the same. Only we'd call it white.

So the words, black, white - they really have no meaning.

The reason white men don't marry black women is because in the culture of interracial relationships, black women just aren't attracted to white men.

Are there exceptions?......sure.

But by and large, the vast majority of interracial relationships you see are white woman/black men.

I think black men are more much attracted to white women than black women are attracted to white men.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:24 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
No you haven't. Any Black person worth anything already knows Black people devote way more resources to talking about Black on Black violence than we spend on police brutality. Any Black person saying we need ANOTHER avenue to discuss Black on Black violence is a Black person that has NOTHING to do with the Black community.

And bc you started off with that trash opener, I doubt the rest of your post merits any further consideration.
You sound like Biden; "if you don't vote for me you ain't black!"

Old 09-09-2020, 04:27 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Three ways to help reduce racism:

1) Put the Confederacy in history books, not on flags and statues. Too many traitor lovers in this country. The right-wing morons are nostalgic for slavery, it seems.

2) Address discrimination at every level.

3) Make marijuana legal in southern states so the good ol' boys can chill out and stop getting their panties in a bunch over the color of someone's skin.
Marijuana is legal in several cities where burning, looting and murder have been on the upswing. How'd that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies