Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 04:19 PM

55 posts, read 6,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That actually sounds quite racist to me. You want to breed whites out of existence.
Putting it like that is just wrong. You make it sound like I want to destroy white people. I don't, of course; I want to change their perception of themselves, and our perception of them, and blacks' perception of themselves, and our perception of them. That's a very different thing. Changing marriage habits doesn't destroy anyone or anything.

I think you probably already know that, but your brain is in the business of scaring you, as is perfectly natural. Try to recognize that your own brain is exaggerating and twisting what I said, and that in fact, when you look at it closely, I've proposed nothing that is not perfectly peaceful and positive - and non-racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Just imagine how much could be accomplished if right wing white militia types , liberal white hipster types , and black people/POC in general were to form a broad based coalition against police brutality and over regulation .
Eh, it's an interesting idea, but where it breaks down for me is in the lack of concrete proposals. I have a hard time imagining anyone accomplishing anything with respect to police brutality directly, regardless of how much political clout they have. Although I think you're right that if such proposals seemed workable and effective such a coalition could get a lot done.

Quote:
2 . The culture of violent masculinity you seem to be referring to is by no means exclusive to Black American males or any other racial/ethnic group of males for that matter .

I think this phenomenon is above all a lower/working class one in this country that exists in every region/physical setting among every racial/ethnic group with certain variations that can be attributed to culture .

Also FWIW old school masculinity is not the same as this type of masculinity you've made reference to IMHO , in spite of certain similarities , with the prime important difference being that it is not nearly as accepting of the use of violence to resolve personal disputes .
I've never studied the subject at length; because sociologists and psychologists have done so poorly in other areas I have trouble imagining they have anything worthwhile to say about this either. And so where would you go for useful, dependable information? I don't know. I turn to the literature of Russia and France describing the dueling code among gentlemen, certainly not nonviolent or lower class, and to anecdotes about the dueling code as it was used here in the US in the time of Henry Clay and Aaron Burr This is all garbage information but it's all I've got. If you know of a good reference I'd be more than happy to look into it. If I can find the time! I have this racism project I'm working on, as well as my studies which are very important to me. I only mention it as it refers to black culture because there it looks like an area in which real progress could be made.

Quote:
3. Trying to socially engineer an increase in any type of sexual relationship for the purpose of producing children ( mixed race or otherwise ) doesn't make for good public policy IMHO , due to the highly personal nature of such phenomena .

If consenting adults want to exercise their free will by forming such relationships in an increased manner , then more power to them , but ( to use your example ) putting out advertisements , presumably paid for by the Federal government , encouraging more white men to marry black women would not be a prudent use of government time and money .

I also do not understand the focus on the specific pairing of white males with black females , much less why this sort of proposal should focus solely on interracial relationships involving blacks and whites
As to the first point, I want to be very clear: just increasing the sexual relationships white guys have with black women does not serve the purposes of the proposal. White guys have been having sex with black women since slavery began, and the races still are separate. Marriage is the key. Marriage integrates.

As to the second, I'm not suggesting we advertise to persuade - well, I am, but advertisements which encourage white guys to marry black women cannot be taken seriously. These would be a complete waste of time and money. What the advertisements need to do, instead, is educate white guys as to how easy it would be to change the marriage rate of white guys with black women. Once we realize, as a country, that we do actually have control over racism, that will make the change we need, IMHO. The problem with all these protests is that nobody can imagine what specifically the protesters want to accomplish that could do any good.

As to the third point, I can't tell you how many people have responded to my proposals with, "but why not encourage white women to marry black guys?" The answer is that if you encourage people strongly enough, the dividing line between encouragement and force becomes unclear. And we do not want to sponsor rape. If a white guy and a black woman have a baby, you know it was voluntary on his part. If a white woman and a black man have a baby, you don't know for sure that she was willing. The party you're encouraging - the white party in each case - has to give evidence that their participation is really voluntary, or you've gone over a line you can't morally cross.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The reason white men don't marry black women is because in the culture of interracial relationships, black women just aren't attracted to white men.

Are there exceptions?......sure.

But by and large, the vast majority of interracial relationships you see are white woman/black men.

I think black men are more much attracted to white women than black women are attracted to white men.
My feeling - I can't prove this - is that the reason you see more white women with black men than you do white men with black women is, white women are less racist than white men. The statistics I looked at showed the racism gap, the gap between how racist we are and how racist we could be, is about double in white women what it is in white men. For what it's worth.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurp2.0 View Post
Sure. If we can raise the marriage rate of white men with black women as high as it will go and keep it there for four generations, no more white men will be produced in this country. We will become a black society. At that point, racism will end.

I hope! I suppose it's still possible that black families will continue to value lighter-skinned children over darker-skinned ones; but I think we should make the experiment, and just find out. It would be something, to be the first society in history to have eliminated racism deliberately.
So, no more racism once we are all black. What about the problem with black men killing other black men by the thousands? Won't that get worse?

Old 09-09-2020, 05:18 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
It's not the race,..it's the culture of thuggery.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
So, no more racism once we are all black. What about the problem with black men killing other black men by the thousands? Won't that get worse?
Different problem. I think the disappearance of racism will lead to higher self-esteem among blacks, and the disappearance of "racism" will make education and employment equitable, and both of those should help with black on black violence. Ultimately the BOBV problem is going to have to be fixed in the black society, by the methods I described in the original post, however.

And if we could find a way to fix the drug war, that would help a lot too.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
It's not the race,..it's the culture of thuggery.
well... I would say, a culture of manliness. They're not scaring people because it's fun to scare people, they're scaring people because they are scared, IMHO. Scared of looking weak, as I said. And I've talked to blacks who have agreed with this point, and none who have disagreed. I think many blacks see the trap they're in and just haven't figured out how to extricate themselves.

Now, as they get older, of course, into their 40's and 50's and less powerful, every black guy who subscribes to the manliness ideal has to figure out how to back down from it, or risk losing his position or his life to the youngbloods coming up. But each is addressing this issue on his own, without help from those around him, and some of them just aren't very good at seeing the problem or the solution, and this causes a lot of pain in the black society.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:46 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
This thread is based on something that is empirically false.

As long as the demographics we are using are Americas, if "every" Black women possible had children with white men, after four generations society would become significantly whiter if not white. Why because 1. Their is 5 white men for every 1 black woman. 2. Contrary to popular belief black skin isn't some superpower, two people have children, you throw a black person in the mix doesn't mean the kid is automatically black. 3. Black women are on average only 80% Black in America in the first place.

The math is simple: now assuming the same applies for white women and black men and we ignore all the other races just so we don't have a massively male-skewed demographic here's how it would go in 4 generations. Because it's America, a black person is anyone who is more than 25% Black. A mixed person is anyone who is between 15%-25% black. At less than 15% Black, you have a bunch of folk who look like
0th generation

100 million whites 20 million blacks (In the "marriage" pool)

1st generation 80 million whites 40 million blacks (40 million are only 40% black)

2nd generation 40 million whites 80 million mixed people 0 blacks (80 million people are 20% Black)

3rd generation 80 million whites (80 million are 10% black) 40 million mixed people (40 million people who are 20% black)

These are the way people look like at these mixtures and shes only 76% European and 16% Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgur5oMICk0

4th generation 40 million whites (who are 10% black) 80 million people who are white folks with black-colored hair (15% black).

Take in mind people who we consider black even by the wildest stretch of visual one-drop rule disappeared by the 2 generation.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:47 PM

828 posts, read 416,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurp2.0 View Post
Sure. If we can raise the marriage rate of white men with black women as high as it will go and keep it there for four generations, no more white men will be produced in this country. We will become a black society. At that point, racism will end.

I hope! I suppose it's still possible that black families will continue to value lighter-skinned children over darker-skinned ones; but I think we should make the experiment, and just find out. It would be something, to be the first society in history to have eliminated racism deliberately.
Then they will just come up with another excuse or name.

Look at south Africa. Under black rule their is actually more in equality.

And here they wanted their own cities and communities. But once they have them. Even they dont want to live there.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
You might have a point but when BLM burns black shops, attacks black police officers, and chants BLM
Doesn’t that bother you any ?
It did me in June when they burned my town and I’m white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies