Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 07:10 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Is it safe to say you're mining for negative news about peace?

Quote: Gearheaddave
It's safe to say I mine for facts always. Why do you view the fact that a neo-Nazi symapathizer nominated Trump for the Peace Prize as a negative?

In his nomination letter to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term MP who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly,claimed the Trump administration had played a pivotal role in peace talks between the two nations.

“As it is expected other Middle Eastern countries will follow in the footsteps of the UAE, this agreement could be a game changer that will turn the Middle East into a region of cooperation and prosperity,” he wrote.

He maybe a right winger like president Trump and myself, but where is the sin in wanting and supporting the process of peace?

Yes it is safe to say you wish to diminish the positivity of peaceful developments associated with President Trump, by denigrating the individual and the source of the nomination. In fact, the fact of the greater good is associated with peace in the Middle East, which you did avoid speaking about.

There is nothing bad about any of this other than the obvious bias you have demonstrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 07:16 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Well Obama got one for his thoughts, his HOPE and he never had to do anything so why can't Trump be nominated for actually doing something?

I always wondered who was snubbed, the people that had worked so hard to achieve a goal, when Obama was handed his Prize as some type of affirmative action or reparation? Since everything hinges on the colour of someones skin these days I wonder if the Peace Prize panel suffers from "white guilt" ?

It would be amazing if Trump won. It would show that not everyone is caught up with the TDS.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:25 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well Obama got one for his thoughts, his HOPE and he never had to do anything so why can't Trump be nominated for actually doing something?

I always wondered who was snubbed, the people that had worked so hard to achieve a goal, when Obama was handed his Prize as some type of affirmative action or reparation? Since everything hinges on the colour of someones skin these days I wonder if the Peace Prize panel suffers from "white guilt" ?

It would be amazing if Trump won. It would show that not everyone is caught up with the TDS.
. . .just 8 months into office for making proposals, lol

Old 09-09-2020, 07:25 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work with with Israel and UAE peace agreement. Pretty radical in my opinion considering he was snubbed for his work with North Korea.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...egian-official
Because he accomplished nothing with North Korea other than letting NK enjoy some time in the spotlight. Which he should’ve never done.

The Israel - UAE pact is pointless. Those countries haven’t fought. Israel would wipe out the UAE before breakfast if the did.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Theyre already fuming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I'd love to see him get it just because of how much it will enrage the democrats.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:31 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
They do know how to feed his ego.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:33 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Well we had one President get it just because he was there. He did nothing at all to earn it. Not saying that Trump did either, but at theist he didn't involve us in conflicts I at least 3 differentiations t countries that had nothing too do with the USA.

I wouldn't nominate trump to win an eagle scout award, but the Nobel peace prize benchmark is pretty low if they gave Obama one for doing not a thing.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:34 AM

6,102 posts, read 2,725,398 times
*snort* I'd nominate him for a Razzie but not a nobel peace prize.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:39 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
What amazed me is left wing commentators like Fareed Zakaria, were pissed off about the peace agreement because we didn't demand anything of Isreal for the Palestinians, in exchange for the deal.

The Palestinians have nothing to do with this. If an Arab country is willing to sign a peace agreement with Israel, that's great! The more countries in the region, the better! Why make any demands at all? Just let the two parties sign it.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:50 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
If Obama could get the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing, then surely Trump can get the Nobel Peace Prize for actually doing something.

I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies