Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 09:18 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I don't know....why don't you ask President Trump and Melania, since they are voting by mail...
Absentee ballot? Which is not the same as using the inaccurate voting rolls to mass mail ballots to any name on the list. I'll bet Trump's old home address in NY gets a mail-in ballot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 09:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
All part of the PLANDEMIC DEM PANIC!

Old 09-09-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Neither side is willing to admit.

All mailed voting benefits Dems so they are pushing it.
Not doing this benefits Republicans so they are against it.

All the other reasons people mention are moot.
So all the tens of thousands of rejected ballots in New York and New Jersey alone, and being forced to redo elections due to complete and utter failure of mail-in voting, are moot? What a joke.

If anything, mail-in voting will disenfranchise many democrats when their ballots are rejected.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:28 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
I don't know....why don't you ask President Trump and Melania, since they are voting by mail...
There's a difference between Absentee Ballot voting by mail and "mail in voting" that the Democrats want to push for because it creates confusion, chaos and disorder in results.

Absentee Ballot voting is where a ballot, as requested by the registered voter, is mailed to the voter, and they vote on the ballot, verify everything and mail the ballot back to their location where they are registered as a voter.

The mail-in voting that the Democrats and the left are pushing consists of many fake and not requested, willy-nilly ballots being mailed out to anyone and everyone with an address.

This is NOT correct and is wrought with potential mistakes, delays and fraud.

Of course, you know that, but you are buying into the BS narrative by the Democrats and the left.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:29 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So all the tens of thousands of rejected ballots in New York and New Jersey alone, and being forced to redo elections due to complete and utter failure of mail-in voting, are moot? What a joke.

If anything, mail-in voting will disenfranchise many democrats when their ballots are rejected.
No the arguments are moot. Dems want it because it helps them. Republicans dont because it helps them. People saying it is because of Covid concerns or whatever are bovine scatterings.

FWIW I am against the all mail voting. I just find many of the arguments both sides are making to be lies. It ALL comes down to advantage and any other argument is a big fat Bill Clinton sized lie.

PS I hate to break it to you but NY and NJ are going Biden, regardless of all mail in voting or not. It matters in OH, PA, NC, FL...

Old 09-09-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
No the arguments are moot. Dems want it because it helps them. Republicans dont because it helps them. People saying it is because of Covid concerns or whatever are bovine scatterings.

FWIW I am against the all mail voting. I just find many of the arguments both sides are making to be lies. It ALL comes down to advantage and any other argument is a big fat Bill Clinton sized lie.

PS I hate to break it to you but NY and NJ are going Biden, regardless of all mail in voting or not. It matters in OH, PA, NC, FL...
Republicans don't want mail-in ballots because of proven and legitimate reasons. This year, mail-in ballots have been proven to be fundamentally flawed. It's got nothing to do with "helping" or not helping any political party.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:40 AM

588 posts, read 225,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is going to be the biggest disaster of an election on record. I applied for a mail in ballot and the USPS returned it undelivered. They can't even keep up with thing 2 months before the election.
I agree. Everyone needs to make a true effort to vote in person. This is not going to end well.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
...but maybe some people are at a high risk for Covid and don't want to catch the disease and die...and standing in line for hours next to tons of people doesn't seem idea to them. Maybe they won't be in their home state at the time of voting. Maybe they are elderly and disabled.
I see people like that at Walmart all the time

Old 09-09-2020, 09:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
There's a difference between Absentee Ballot voting by mail and "mail in voting" that the Democrats want to push for because it creates confusion, chaos and disorder in results.

Absentee Ballot voting is where a ballot, as requested by the registered voter, is mailed to the voter, and they vote on the ballot, verify everything and mail the ballot back to their location where they are registered as a voter.

The mail-in voting that the Democrats and the left are pushing consists of many fake and not requested, willy-nilly ballots being mailed out to anyone and everyone with an address.

This is NOT correct and is wrought with potential mistakes, delays and fraud.

Of course, you know that, but you are buying into the BS narrative by the Democrats and the left.
Pure BS.

But you know that.

You just think the rest of us don't.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:42 AM

588 posts, read 225,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just from looking at the tens of thousands of mail-in ballots rejected during the primary elections this year, we can assume that hundreds of thousands will be rejected in the general election. some elections had to be rejected and a new one called for.

I think the utter chaos from a massive mail-in election is what the Democrats are counting on, so they can reject the election, and Burn, Loot, Murder.
The Dems know its going to be a disaster so they are smartly getting out in front of this and controlling the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies