Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 10:12 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Then you dont go to many movies, both those pictures had plenty of well known performers in them.
You're right, I don't...and I don't feel like I've been missing much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 10:13 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I know right. People want to complain just to complain. They are not saying that every movie should have a black person or another person of color in it.
But as soon as someone makes a movie or even a video game, without a person of color in it, the woke trolls will descend upon that production company like a plague.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:13 AM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
I stopped watching all that crap many years ago. I'm all for innocent and playful political jokes on both sides, but once that crowd started getting into the crap they are into now, I tuned them out. Then when it came to light they are mostly all pedophiles, I swore never to give them the time of day again.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:14 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Ohh please, totally absurd thinking. If the black woman is the most qualified then there is no problem. It’s when you start hiring based on race, that’s where the problem starts.
So how do you determine who is the most qualified?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:14 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I don't think I've every watched the Oscars and couldn't tell you a single movie that won one. I just look at rotten tomatoes. If a large number of real people (not "critics") like the move then I'll watch it.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-09-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But as soon as someone makes a movie or even a video game, without a person of color in it, the woke trolls will descend upon that production company like a plague.
Every movie doesnt have to have a black person or a person of color in it. Youre being silly.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Oscars will go to the unhinged mob in the future !!! Thug monoculture the winner !!!

Old 09-09-2020, 10:18 AM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
I'm so glad I have all my favorite movies on 4K Blu Ray. I can watch great movies that aren't socially engineered and no one can take them away from me. I guarantee you this will be coming not too far down the road. Previous movies that don't fit the narrative will suddenly vanish from streaming platforms. Best to have a hardcopy of what you enjoy most.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
I'm so glad I have all my favorite movies on 4K Blu Ray. I can watch great movies that aren't socially engineered and no one can take them away from me. I guarantee you this will be coming not too far down the road. Previous movies that don't fit the narrative will suddenly vanish from streaming platforms. Best to have a hardcopy of what you enjoy most.
If you find out that some of your favorite movies have a diverse cast or crew then will throw away those blu rays?

90 % of movies already meet this criteria.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:21 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modern Philosopher View Post
"You Trumpers, Boomers, etc just stop watching it, you triggered bro?"

The point is the system is pushing an agenda. The elite, the oligarchs that liberals always complain about are pushing an agenda. We are trying to make a point. Yes liberals, you are right, very rich people of a certain gender and race are trying to make us think a certain way. This is an example.

It is like,
liberals: Corporations are bad, they are evil
conservatives: yes, the global tech and media companies have an agenda and are working in sync against the public
liberals: stop whining they are private companies

We are on the same page.
You can get whiplash trying to follow the Democrats and the left.

They call Trump a fascist and a dictator, them demand that he tell states when to open or close due to COVID, and blame trump for not overriding state authority and stop the riots.

They call Trump a war monger, then chastise him for trying to pull out of Afghanistan.

They scream #MeToo against anyone who ever looked twice at a woman, then applaud Harris when she's praising the rapist Blake, and endorsing the creepy hair sniffer, girl groper for president

They chastise the religious sector for trying to push their social agenda onto the nation, then they will demand the movie industry force social agendas on the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies