Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 04:19 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Wake me up when the democrats decide to accept the 2016 election results.

Hillary Crooked Clinton is already on record as advising Biden to not concede the election this time.

So do you want to re-think your statement for which side might not accept the results in 2020?
With respect, what are you talking about? Who hasn't accepted the 2016 results?

Let's be clear though. Trump has done everything in his power to bring down the post office so that mail in votes don't land. He's told his followers to vote twice. He has more criminal indictments in his administration than any other president in history. Factually speaking, he's the most corrupt president the US has ever had.

To the original post. If Trump doesn't accept the results, he will still no longer be president. He won't have protection of secret service, he won't have the backing of the military. In that situation, how could he stay in office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 04:20 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
If its close, no he wont accept it. If its a blow out and he loses, He will accept it. He will resign, and as a lame duck. Pence will step up as president and pardon him of everything possible. You know thats been talked about. Pence could never live that down.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:21 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump is not what Americans have to worry about. It’s the violent Left (Democrat, Antifa, BLM, Bernie Bros, etc.) that we have to worry about.
Exactly!

The Democrats try to pretend a huge faction of their party is not violent, destructive and riot-prone.

BLM rioters and violent protesters, as well as domestic terrorists ANTIFA are solely the Democrat's.

They don't want to identify with them so much now, do they? Since they are losing the election for them LOL

But thankfully Biden will lose convincingly, and the only thing he'll have to worry about is where the nursing home is.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
I'm a conservative. I'm far from a left/democrat. I will still vote for Biden though.

Yet you call yourself conservative.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:26 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
How far does his presidential powers go? What can Trump have planned? No sitting president has ever done this but I wouldn't be shocked if Trump uses this tactic.
I would just go along with it. When he decides to step down is up to him.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Yet you call yourself conservative.
Marx taught conservative ideology !!! Who knew ? Things have really moved far left !!!

Old 09-09-2020, 04:35 PM

652 posts, read 520,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
What policies of the Biden/Harris campaign do you support?
I'm interested in minimal government interference. I believe everyone should pull themselves up by their bootstraps. We have to be accountable for ourselves. I'm a realist and I believe idealism takes an insane amount of hardwork and intelligence and it's not accomplished overnight (something the left/dems don't realize). I'm not looking for a president to necessarily add anything to my life. I'm looking for a president to NOT stand in my way. This is pretty much the core of my political beliefs. A lot of hardcore issues like gun control and abortion (which sway voters) are minuscule to me.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:38 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
all I know is thank God someone has asked this question this week.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:41 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Omigosh!!! Like was supposed to happen with Obama if he didn't win a second term?

Not going to happen this time either. And he's not going to go for a third term.

Do something for that anxiety. It's not healthy.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:43 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Wake me up when the democrats decide to accept the 2016 election results.

Hillary Crooked Clinton is already on record as advising Biden to not concede the election this time.

So do you want to re-think your statement for which side might not accept the results in 2020?
Ummmm, I guess you must be dreaming (still).

On January 20, 2017, the office of the POTUS was peacefully transferred to Donald Trump.

What the fresh-heck are you even talking about?

And... "on record"? Let's see it. I'm sure you (as you all like to say) took something out of context. I don't think it's "on record" the way Trump admitting he lied to us about the severity of COVID-19 is on record. There, he said he knew, and then after admitting he knew it was way worse than the flu went out and told countless audiences (wait for this) that it was not worse than the flu. ON RECORD.

Maybe you want to re-think YOUR statement. Or, just pinch yourself and you won't have to wait for a hard-working, reality facing Democrat to wake you up to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies