Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 08:02 AM

826 posts, read 244,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well sure! If all us eeeevil white folk are all concentrated in 1 place, that means all the other cafes in town are "white people free"! Right?
Interesting. Maybe this is their back door way of making safe zones for everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 08:09 AM

826 posts, read 244,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It does seem that the people who would actually like to see this be successful are complaining the most about it.

How many times have we seen someone set up some service for POC, and posters vent about what would happen if white people did that??? Why can't we have that???

Well, in this case, white people have done that. Given other white people a place to come and share their own experience, while at the same time, there is a similar forum for POC to share their perspective with each other.

And the white people who have wanted that all along are screaming about it.

Back when we were all in 6th grade there was that day where all the girls met with THEIR gym teacher, and all the boys met with THEIR gym teacher to discuss "maturation".

How is this virtual "cafe" fundamentally different? People who want to talk to people in their own demographic. That's it.
How about those of us who say it is wrong to set up special things for just black people AND think it just as wrong to set up special things for just white people? Some of us think we should all be treated exactly the same, as in human. This color of skin thing Liberals live and breathe by has got to go.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:41 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Holy hell - I think better of U of MI than that. What insane person thought this was smart?
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor didn't do that. University of Michigan-Dearborn, however did. The city of Dearborn has a long history of trying to keep Blacks out of its city limits. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn,_Michigan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orville_L._Hubbard

Old 09-10-2020, 09:27 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How about a no politics zone? Maybe a throwback? How about a 1990's cafe? With a way back machine?

Antishrill. Nobody scream at nobody. Act like we used to, in public, around each other. That is, with civility.
Agreed. I don't want to see a "Whites only" or a "Blacks only" cafe. How hard is it to have civility? When I go to the cafe (the owner knows my name), civility is there. In the current Covid era, it's one of the few places I feel comfortable going to (if only it stayed open long, preferably towards 11pm).

Old 09-10-2020, 09:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
The University of Michigan, ultra liberal, thought it a great idea to create a cafe where only white people are allowed to go. WTF has the left become?

Whites Only in Liberal University Cafe
According to this, the BIPOC ( Black, indigenous and people of color) cafe was launched.

Both were intended to be virtual meeting places via Zoom.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...white-feelings

Old 09-10-2020, 09:49 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
The University of Michigan, ultra liberal, thought it a great idea to create a cafe where only white people are allowed to go. WTF has the left become?
That's a tactic from the Red Book.

I'm guessing you don't get it. It's like a spider spinning a web to see who walks into it.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:50 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol..it’s the Dearborn campus which is a totally separate entity that more or less governs itself. Probably just some misunderstanding.

This would’ve never happened at the Ace Deuce campus.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after I saw the quote in post #7. Wouldn’t happen in Ann Arbor.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:53 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:

Whites Only in Liberal University Cafe
A safe space? Did this really happen though?

Old 09-10-2020, 09:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Blacks and other minorities have designated "safe spaces" where whites are not permitted. Where are people who don't care about the POC or BLM issues supposed to go where they won't be harassed?
Now you don't really think anything would stop BLM from going into a place and spewing their venom, do you? That would probably be their first stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor didn't do that. University of Michigan-Dearborn, however did. The city of Dearborn has a long history of trying to keep Blacks out of its city limits. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn,_Michigan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orville_L._Hubbard
Yeah, I caught that later after I'd posted. Dearborn...meh.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:03 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this, the BIPOC ( Black, indigenous and people of color) cafe was launched.

Both were intended to be virtual meeting places via Zoom.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...white-feelings
I honestly don't think that the right wingers realize that this was an "exercise" as opposed to a real brick and mortar cafe.

Ironically it was liberals complaining about the exercise being "awkward" that has now morphed into conservatives believing this thing was real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies