Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 01:25 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

I liked the left's stance on the environment, or what they used to have. They've pretty much abandoned real environemtnal issues and causes now in favor of politicized ones like global warming ( BS) and green energy( a scam). Clean air and drinking water, chemical pollutants, GMO, insecticides, none of that matters to them and they're told to ignore it by the party since the chem companies run it.
Think about that conservatives are more environmentalists than liberals. Urban liberals getting out in the great outdoors? Nah, not happening. Enjoying things like boating, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking? Nah. The right bashes tree huggers yet they get more benefit by keeping trees around than anybody if they'd only think abut it.
The left had some passion at one time, now its mostly just hate and they're so damn myopic they can't see beyond their noses. They get told to do or think something, they do it. No questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 01:30 PM

67 posts, read 25,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I love Republicans for emphasizing hard work and one's own-self for self-improvement. I also love their pro-life stance. I think they are more right on the law and order issue right now too and some of the "culture war" issues that some on the extremes of the Democratic party push.

I am still a Democrat for other issues like healthcare, the environment, inclusion, etc.
Hmm let me just piggyback to your response except pro life issue lol

Old 09-10-2020, 01:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Earth girls are easy.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:33 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I love that conservatives seem to have a preponderance of big equipment that they are willing to use in emergencies.
I love that that you said this. Pretty true, lol.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:37 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times
I like the fact that those on the right question the notion of “systemic†racism in this country and recognize that BLM isn’t exactly composed of choir boys. That said ... OK. Will save the rent for another thread.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:45 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
I love that democrats seem to have a genuine concern for our environment.
Agreed. Especially notable in California and the Northeast. Unfortunately the liberal open borders/population growth policies sort of contradict the concern for the environment.

Pretending that global climate change does not exist is actually a weakness for the Republicans, one of the reasons they loose people in the suburbs. But as an independent I learned a long time ago that neither party is perfect.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:50 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurp2.0 View Post
I would love to hear what people here love about people who disagree with them politically. And I think it would do us all some good to hear it!

I lean left. I'm pretty left on most issues except abortion and the 2nd amendment. But I love Republicans for their steadfast faith in God and country. I know, it's a personal fantasy, but I love it. I love Republicans because they really did give in on racism back in the eighties. I know, a lot of leftists are "calling them out" on the topic but you know what: they're wrong. Just wrong. Republicans aren't any more racist than the rest of us. They do their best with what they've got, as do we all.

Please: no "I love this BUT I HATE THIS" posts! Nothing but love in this one, please!
I lean right. I love that there are very few left-leaning people in my city.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:51 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Don't know about love, but I have a great deal of respect, and envy, for the right's ability to message. They focus.

My friend is a R precinct chair. She gets the same e mail every day that is sent out to the elected and bigwigs.

They are also the best a creating 3-4 word catchy slogans that really define the issue and that people remember and use. That's makes whoever came up with 'defund the police' look like congenital idiots. The entire left will be tainted with chit forever.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:52 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hmmm, new poster wades in with divisive commentary....surely to disappear by December.

Don't feed them.

P.S. Seriously "only love" after throwing a grenade in the room, I mean seriously how ham-handed does it have to be to spot people?
clearly you don't know the meaning of divisiveness.
here's an example of a new poster making a divisive thread - https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-you-like.html

to answer the OP, I don't have a "side" but I lean right on most issues.
I like that the left is looking out for social issues afflicting the underprivileged, at least on the surface. they just go about it the wrong way, implementing changes with many unintended consequences and often do more harm than good.

Old 09-10-2020, 01:58 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I love the Left's ability to stick together and stick to a narrative, even after that narrative has been thoroughly and repeatedly dismantled by logic and facts.

Their blind devotion to the concept of repeating a lie often enough to make the uniformed believe it is unmatched in the world of political strategy.
same thing can be said about the right, as evidenced in many threads here on CD POC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies