Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the U.S. withdraw its troops from the mid-east?
Yes, Trump should withdraw the troops. 15 100.00%
No, the troops are needed to police that region of the world. 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 06:36 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,483 times

Advertisements

Trump wishes to remove troops from the never-ending quagmire that is the crazy middle east, while much of Washington opposes him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLB5vSfGu8

Why is Washington D.C. overwhelmingly pro-war?

Is it all about defense contracts and money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 06:57 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Trump wishes to remove troops from the never-ending quagmire that is the crazy middle east
From what I read he is removing a very small number of troops (who he refers to as 'losers and suckers'), not that there were many to begin with. Why did he wait 4 years to do that?

Quote:
Why is Washington D.C. overwhelmingly pro-war?
We are really not 'at war' in Iraq.

Quote:
while much of Washington opposes him
Like who?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-10-2020 at 07:06 AM..

Old 09-10-2020, 07:01 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
I wonder if leftist posters are aware that the neo con and lib war mongers have joined forces. Are they aware that by voting for Biden it puts them on the same side as Cheney? Unlike other supposed anti war and anti interventionist I am going to support Trump on this and not be a hypocrite. I have never been on the side of Cheney and he is one reason I left the {R} party. I hope Trump pulls it off and withdraws troops and get us out of those messes.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:02 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
From what I read he is removing a very small number of troops. Why did he wait 4 years to do that?

Like who?
Exactly.

As I understand it, Trump is not releasing troop numbers in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria. So we have no idea if numbers are going up or down.

In any case, it's a little late in the game here to suddenly announce he's bringing home the troops.

Will bases and equipment be turned over to Russia as were the previous ones in Syria?

Lots of details missing from this new initiative of Trump's.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:33 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I wonder if leftist posters are aware that the neo con and lib war mongers have joined forces. Are they aware that by voting for Biden it puts them on the same side as Cheney? Unlike other supposed anti war and anti interventionist I am going to support Trump on this and not be a hypocrite. I have never been on the side of Cheney and he is one reason I left the {R} party. I hope Trump pulls it off and withdraws troops and get us out of those messes.

Who would have ever thought that the Neocons (who lied to get us into a war with Iraq) would join forces with the Democrats to keep their dreams of a future war in the middle east alive.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:37 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Shhh. Don’t tell them, it’s entertaining to see them joining forces with Cheney. Much like watching them turn on themselves for every perceived “injustice”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies