Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 11:11 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Here's one fact about Proud Boys:
A guy wore a T-Shirt!! OMG!!!!! This tells us everything!!!

Is is possible to like a band that stands for things you don't agree with? I like Green Day, but those guys are only a few steps from Antifa levels of Far Left. I'd probably still wear a Green Day shirt because I like their music. I don't know much of anything about Skrewdriver, but you do keep posting that photo as though it's super duper meaningful. A T-Shirt doesn't tell you much about a person as a general rule.

Clearly you've got nothing better. Just a bunch of clips and pictures that might even be photoshopped for all we know. That doesn't actually tell us anything. Just that people wanting to smear Gavin and Enrique have nothing better to do than dig up anything and everything that might possibly maybe sorta be interpreted by some people as being racist or pro-Nazi or white nationalist.

I've asked you to show us all The Proud Boys as an organization preaching white supremacy. Clearly you can't do it or you would have done it by now. The tenets of the Proud Boys organization do not endorse white supremacy. Anyone spouting racist rhetoric gets kicked out. The group is expressly and vocally anti-racist.

BLM on the other hand is massively racist. So is Antifa. These people are so hyperfocused on defining everyone based on the color of their skin, it's beyond ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 11:11 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No they didn’t.
Yes, they did:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...oup/proud-boys

- start Southern Law Center excerpt:

"Their disavowals of bigotry are belied by their actions: rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings like the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville. Indeed, former Proud Boys member Jason Kessler helped to organize the event, which brought together Klansmen, antisemites, Southern racists, and militias. Kessler was only “expelled” from the group after the violence and near-universal condemnation of the Charlottesville rally-goers."

- end Southern Law Center Exceprt

A spade is a spade people. Proud Boys are a right wing hate, extremist and militant group. Lets stop purposely burying our heads in the stand with willfulness and dancing around the issue.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:13 AM

271 posts, read 566,756 times
The SPLC won't designate 'Antifa' a Hate Group... They actually go even further and state that it's dangerous to do so. Unbelievable...

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ivil-liberties

bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
As a Jewish person, I find your minimization of the clear and present danger posed by the President of the United States, amplified with a documented personal history of antisemitism, to be disturbing.

Trump just really hates Ivanka and Jared. And doesn't he have another Jewish in law?

Didn't he move the embassy to Jerusalem and get peace deals between the Israelis and their neighbors, something that hadn't been done in a quarter century?

You make yourself look like a total complete imbecile. Its disturbing that people make such obviously absurd statements.

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
just get on their phone/twitter list.....they can tell you when the next riot is...how to get there...and what to wear.....what to bring.....and who and where they are going to be passing out food and supplies
I would but can’t seem to find anything online that resembles an official website or names of group leaders or any evidence that an organized group even exists. It’s so strange.

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Don't really care for the Proud Boys, its disturbing sometimes to see groups like this in the street. However this being said in our Nation they have the right to exist. Regardless of what they are. They can be everything the far left says the are, Neo Nazi, white supremacist/whatever. But here is the thing i don't see them burning down buildings, rioting, stealing from hard working people. I don't see them threaten people with violence if they don't chant their propaganda. i don't see them interrupting people's night out taking their food and making them say their propaganda. I see only BLM and Antifa doing these tings. Yet Biden is telling them to Cease and Desist and media is treating them like stormtroopers while the "peaceful protesters" do all the things I mentioned.
They "can be" white supremacists, sure. So "can" you.

But are you? If the far left mob accuses you of being a white supremacist or a nazi, will you then officially be a white supremacist, without any other basis, solely because the Democrat left mob says so?

And you are good with that?

Old 10-01-2020, 11:15 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I’m interested in joining this “Antifa” group. Would you mind sharing their official website and the name of the current organization president so I can reach out about possible membership?
Well, the Bolsheviks were around for years before they were an official party you could join, that did not make their messages any less effective. Even being the faction in the Menshevik party, the Mensheviks were still around years before they were a party you could join, the ideology dating back decades.

The gov was accurate stating it is an ideology, but it is one you can prescribe to, and as often the case, does leads to the establishment of a formal group.

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_1Wqzqt4I

this video of Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes clarifies

In essence its a 1950s style gang with fisticuffs to burn off a little testosterone, like the musical Grease.

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I don't see them burning down buildings, rioting, stealing from hard working people. I don't see them threaten people with violence if they don't chant their propaganda. i don't see them interrupting people's night out taking their food and making them say their propaganda. I see only BLM and Antifa doing these things.

Yet Biden is telling them to Cease and Desist and media is treating them like stormtroopers while the "peaceful protesters" do all the things I mentioned.
Preach it!

bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Actually, I don't think that Trump hates Jews. He grew up in NYC, and there are so many "normal" people who are Jews (aside from the ultra-Orthodox, who are a separate cult, with whom not that many people have other than unpleasant business dealings, if that at all) that I think he just thinks of Jews as being (gasp) people. You have to think of Jews as being the "other" in order to be antisemitic, and when a full third of the people around you, and probably more like half of the people around you who are above underclass/working class are Jews, for all your formative years, it's difficult to think of them as the "other", even if they're not allowed in the club your family may have belonged to. He went to Kew Forest for grades K-7, and even back in the '60s, I think there were Jews attending there, so he had Jewish classmates, in a school with tiny classes of 20 kids in a grade. However, that doesn't mean that he is above using anti-semitic tropes to rally his base base, such as the meme of Hillary Clinton with money and Jewish stars. And he's perfectly happy to ally himself with KKK-like antisemites.
Sounds like you are the one with religious bigotry. You are the last one to be accusing someone of being an anti-semite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies