Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 02:01 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So who are the “thugs” in this story???

Yeah, that didn’t escape my attention. SMH
I am just guessing it was satirical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 02:54 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I honestly think the problem isn't the police, it's the judicial system part that is failing people. Criminals are breaking the law, cops role in and arrest and book them, but then some judge or district attorney for some reason don't want to prosecute them, so have all charges dropped and they are released back on the streets. We need to hold these judges and district attorneys just as accountable for the crime in cities as we do cops who abuse their power.
Yep, they dropped the charges on Jacob Blake, Rape, theft of money, stealing a car, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, felon with a weapon, etc.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't recall myself or anyone else asking you to.

However, it is rather telling that after seeing this video and in light of current events, the only response you have is about the guy who made it's use of the word "thugs".

What that has to do with the subject matter, I have no idea.
Of course you. You just don’t like that I brought it up.

Be against the cops and be called a thug. Help the cops and be called a thug. So my solution is don’t help at all.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:34 PM

826 posts, read 244,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The kind of video you don't see in the mainstream media.

Also, as pointed out in the video at time 1:47, notice that the civilian's knee to the neck is almost an automatic thing to help subdue someone that is resisting hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yy8y75HWc
Bravo to those fine Patriots. See how sometimes you have to push down into someone's back or neck to control them? Cops are not allowed to do that anymore.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's obvious to anyone who cares about the truth that the "thugs" was satirical.

Yeah that didn't escaped your false race card playing attention. So much dishonesty.
I don't think it was, given the header 'From Ratchetness to Righteousness'.

Are you all suggesting that if a black officer needed help apprehending a white perp - and white people jumped in to assist - that you wouldn't object to a headline of 'White Supremacist Puts Aside White Privilege to Assist Cop' ??

Old 09-11-2020, 05:49 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Once again, where did I mention black people? Its pretty obvious that many BLM events have many races

You responded to this:
Quote:
Black people don't want the police defunded
With this:
Quote:
Plenty of people at BLM rallies seem want to defund the police, from their signs and their chanting "defund the police".
You responded to a post about black people not wanting to defund the police with a post about BLM rallies where people do want to defund the police, thereby establishing a connection.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:55 PM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
did anyone listen to what Justin had to say?....he's spot on

Old 09-11-2020, 06:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
did anyone listen to what Justin had to say?....he's spot on
I just got around to watching it.

Black dude calling them thugs and referring to ratchetness? Not my business.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think it was, given the header 'From Ratchetness to Righteousness'.
The headline was sarcastically calling them thugs. As in "These people helping are thugs, really? Remember, thugs don't help police so how can they be called thugs?" That's how I took it. Based on the headlines of the vid. I didn't watch it as 11 minutes is too long. I didn't listen so if the person in the utube called them that, that is not what i was basing my comment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you all suggesting that if a black officer needed help apprehending a white perp - and white people jumped in to assist - that you wouldn't object to a headline of 'White Supremacist Puts Aside White Privilege to Assist Cop' ??
I would take it as sarcasm too. Based on just a headline.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:43 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Once again, where did I mention black people? Its pretty obvious that many BLM events have many races
This is the thing. Said person mentioned that Black people didn't want to defund the police. You brought up BLM. Said person wasn't talking about BLM. Said person was talking about how alot of BLACK PEOPLE, not BLM, don't want to defund the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies