Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 08:18 AM
bu2

24,087 posts, read 14,875,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They have only had 80,000 official cases. Even if it is 10 times that herd immunity is not possible. They would need hundreds of millions of cases for herd immunity. Then that comes back to them lying about the numbers.
Its believed they may have had over 80,000 deaths just in Wuhan. There were reports of them shipping between 50 and 100,000 coffins there.

Their numbers are a fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 08:18 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Like I said I have looked at the numbers around the world. As soon as a country opens up a little the numbers go up almost right away. China is allowing people to come into the country and I believe you can travel around the country. Yet they daily case count has been flat for months.
I'm curious to know if China is allowing visitors unrestricted access to the country (I wouldn't know where to look) or if there are certain potential "hot spots" where outsiders are not being let in.

Note, the above wouldn't even be necessary to show a sign of spread as the PRC can forcibly and without international notice quarantine locals who have contracted the virus. I'm not saying this is happening, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. But it also wouldn't shock me if they have things under controlf or reasons that I mentioned previously.

I'm also curious to know how many people from outside of China are actually traveling there today. If people were traveling in masse and not taking the virus back to their home countries, I'd be more inclined to believe that China either has the virus under control (or is otherwise forcibly isolating people who have tested positive).

Old 09-11-2020, 08:21 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
No information coming out of China can be trusted. They’re for sure lying about their numbers, just like they’re lying about the Uighur camps and any number of other skeletons in their closet. It’s a government built on disinformation, censorship and propaganda. This is just another facade to make it look like they earned a feather in their cap for their stellar handling of a pandemic that they’re to blame for in the first place.

I trust nothing that the Chinese government says about anything. My baseline assumption is that it’s false.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:25 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm curious to know if China is allowing visitors unrestricted access to the country (I wouldn't know where to look) or if there are certain potential "hot spots" where outsiders are not being let in.

Note, the above wouldn't even be necessary to show a sign of spread as the PRC can forcibly and without international notice quarantine locals who have contracted the virus. I'm not saying this is happening, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. But it also wouldn't shock me if they have things under controlf or reasons that I mentioned previously.

I'm also curious to know how many people from outside of China are actually traveling there today. If people were traveling in masse and not taking the virus back to their home countries, I'd be more inclined to believe that China either has the virus under control (or is otherwise forcibly isolating people who have tested positive).

It could be they are very aggressively contact tracing and they know where everyone is at all times. But even with that there are always people who rebel. With the one child policy lots of people went against that. Some were locked up and or disappeared. In rural areas of China it was harder to get people in line. And in China there are meat processing plants, lots of factories the kind of places where the virus could easily spread yet nothing. South Korea is very proactive and people comply yet the have 100 times the new cases that china has per million.

You can see flights below. Just move the map around to China and you can click on a plane and see where its going and coming from. Lots of flights all over China as well as to and from.

https://flightaware.com/

Old 09-11-2020, 08:29 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
4. the virus threat has been fashioned into a political weapon by the Demoncrats so the numbers are skewed.

The threat is real. It is a nasty virus that can kill but one has to wonder what is really going on in this election year.
This story got out on KFI in LA. The democrats are trying to spin this but it's clear Ms. Ferrer revealed something that she should not have revealed:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...ection-reopen/

Old 09-11-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
This story got out on KFI in LA. The democrats are trying to spin this but it's clear Ms. Ferrer revealed something that she should not have revealed:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...ection-reopen/

California is most certainly voting Biden. What difference would it make for the election if the schools stayed closed in Los Angeles? Its a very blue city that is voting Democrat regardless.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:36 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
While I don't trust China's numbers, they handled the pandemic far better than we did. They rapidly shut down Wuhan, had systems in place to limit mobility (i.e. a neighborhood would all order groceries together and have them delivered rather than each individual family going to the grocery store), and don't have people who tie their identity to not wearing a mask. They also rapidly tested huge portions of the population, at one point even testing all 11 million residents when there was a small outbreak after restrictions started to be lifted.

If they hadn't been hit first before we knew to keep patients prone, hit them with anticoagulants when they walk in the door, etc, their death rate probably would have been far lower.

A good friend of mine's family is from Wuhan. By early March, they were way more concerned about us than they were for themselves and started sending N95s.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:38 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

They still quarantine anyone from outside the Country visiting.

They stick you in a hotel for two weeks after you land.

Within the Country you are ok.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:38 AM

10,064 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Don't forget China is a communist regime.

The strict and inhumane lockdowns, punishments and overall "control" of their people could have a huge impact.

Human rights are simply annoyances with China.

Those who do not follow the rules are imprisoned or put to death, I'm sure.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While I don't trust China's numbers, they handled the pandemic far better than we did. They rapidly shut down Wuhan, had systems in place to limit mobility (i.e. a neighborhood would all order groceries together and have them delivered rather than each individual family going to the grocery store), and don't have people who tie their identity to not wearing a mask. They also rapidly tested huge portions of the population, at one point even testing all 11 million residents when there was a small outbreak after restrictions started to be lifted.

If they hadn't been hit first before we knew to keep patients prone, hit them with anticoagulants when they walk in the door, etc, their death rate probably would have been far lower.

A good friend of mine's family is from Wuhan. By early March, they were way more concerned about us than they were for themselves and started sending N95s.
I still don't think it explains how in a country of 1.4 billion they have just 10 cases a day. And if its ten its more than that. Since its possible to be asymptomatic and spread it without knowing you have it how do they keep that number so steady? I would believe it more if they said it was zero. With zero there is nothing to contain.

So either there are many more cases or they have some way of stopping it that no one else has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies