Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:35 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Serbia is a Muslim country?

Serbian Orthodox 84.6%, Catholic 5%, Muslim 3.1%, Protestant 1%, atheist 1.1%, other 0.8%, undeclared or unknown 4.5%
Pardon me. I stand corrected. Serbia is not a Muslim country. I have modified the OP accordingly.

There have been three Muslim countries in three separate agreements that have normalized relations with Israel under agreements mediated under President Trump.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:41 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I do believe that Palestine has to be involved in any peace deal, although this is a positive it does not amount to "Peace in the Middle East" since neither country was at war.
Who is Israel currently "at war" with? These are countries that denied Israel's right to exist. Boycotted their products and travel between countries. Expressed open hate for Israel.

I know the left will try to minimize this, but these are really big developments going on right now. As I said, Saudi Arabia has agreed to allow Israeli planes to fly in it's airspace. It is only a matter of time before they jump on the bandwagon and recognize Israel's right to exist.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What would you have referred to it as if Obama had helped to mediate these agreement to normalize relations between these adversarial nations in what is largely regarded as the diplomatic tinderbox of the world?
Obama? I'd say the same I am saying now. What kind of 'peace deal' is created between countries which have never been at war with each other? Why would I say something different? I didn't even vote for Obama.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:45 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama? I'd say the same I am saying now. What kind of 'peace deal' is created between countries which have never been at war with each other? Why would I say something different? I didn't even vote for Obama.
Barack Obama would have very certainly been nominated for another Nobel Peace Prize over this, if he had led such an impressive effort. He deservedly would have been awarded it and received it as well. Unlike the Nobel Peace Prize that he did receive, which was as far as I can see, entirely unwarranted.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:46 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,954 times
If Trump is for peace in the Middle East and has success in achieving it, it must be a bad thing............/s

Old 09-11-2020, 01:02 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Trump score board

Peace Deals: 3

Wars: 0

Old 09-11-2020, 01:04 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Who is Israel currently "at war" with? These are countries that denied Israel's right to exist. Boycotted their products and travel between countries. Expressed open hate for Israel.

I know the left will try to minimize this, but these are really big developments going on right now. As I said, Saudi Arabia has agreed to allow Israeli planes to fly in it's airspace. It is only a matter of time before they jump on the bandwagon and recognize Israel's right to exist.
I would say Palestine and Iran are the problems as far as Israel, there will be no peace without an agreement without the Palestinians. This would be like having a Camp David Peace Agreement between Israel and the US.

I'm going to wait on where this leads, because as we have seen with North Korea and Iran a celebration is premature. This has a lot to do with Netanyahu, he will do anything to have Trump back in the White House and with 2 months to go it smells like politics.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:06 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
If Trump is for peace in the Middle East and has success in achieving it, it must be a bad thing............/s
If he could arrive at a peace deal with Iran or resolve the conflict in Yemen, then he would be deserving of praise.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:08 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What would you have referred to it as if Obama had helped to mediate these agreement to normalize relations between these adversarial nations in what is largely regarded as the diplomatic tinderbox of the world?
It would still be called an agreement of normalization to establish diplomatic relations between these countries. It is not a peace agreement as neither the UAE or Bahrain were ever at war with Israel. Indonesia also has not diplomatic ties with Israel and although Indonesia is a Muslim country, it is not an Arab country. So Indonesia were to establish diplomatic ties with Israel, nobody would call it a peace agreement as there was never a war between Indonesia and Israel (which similar to the current situation).

Old 09-11-2020, 01:23 PM

37,182 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I do believe that Palestine has to be involved in any peace deal, although this is a positive it does not amount to "Peace in the Middle East" since neither country was at war.
That's the word from Saudi. No Palestinian state, no Mid East accord.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN25H151
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies