Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 09:55 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times

Advertisements

People in Texas have lots of guns. I not too worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 10:16 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The last election still shows Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians voting Democrat at relatively high numbers, even when accounting for education, income, and class. Asians once leaned Republican, but have moved away from that. Ask yourself why that might be. Hispanics once voting Republican in higher number than they have been voting in the last 3 elections. And even middle-upper class Blacks are still supporting Democrats at higher rates than Whites. You said minorities. I'm talking about minority voting patters vs White voting patterns.

And why is it any of your business who I or anyone else votes for?
Because at one time Democrats posed as centrists with rational opposition to the extremists. There are centrist Democrats, like Vernon Jones (oops, that one escaped your plantation) that are appealing to rational people, but the majority of Democrats are so far off in Looneyville that they nominated the dementia candidate, Joe Biden, in hopes that the majority of American voters and dead also suffered from dementia.

That's just not the case, bud.

And I don't care who you voted for because you are just as irrelevant as you were in 2016.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:33 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Because at one time Democrats posed as centrists with rational opposition to the extremists. There are centrist Democrats, like Vernon Jones (oops, that one escaped your plantation) that are appealing to rational people, but the majority of Democrats are so far off in Looneyville that they nominated the dementia candidate, Joe Biden, in hopes that the majority of American voters and dead also suffered from dementia.

That's just not the case, bud.

And I don't care who you voted for because you are just as irrelevant as you were in 2016.
Normally, I could respect your position, but the only thing I'm getting out of this is snark and rudeness. Terms like "escaped your plantation". It reeks of snark and crass. And calling me irrelevant, that was just disrespectful.

As for how I vote, I look out for myself first. I don't think about what helps anyone else when I go to the voting polls. The reason for this is because I understand alot of people are out for themselves.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:35 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Default Similar billboards in Baton Rouge

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...273e5ba1a.html

To be clear, there's no defund the police movement in this area, we are too conservative for that, however the police is not receiving enough support from the parish mayor-president's office, given how they fired the officer involved in the Alton Sterling shooting even though that shooting was fully justified. There has been discussion of banning chokeholds on criminal suspects. The vast majority of people in the Baton Rouge region and Louisiana believe that shooting to be justified, including myself, since Sterling was a criminal under the influence of drugs and alcohol who reached for his gun during the arrest.

In the suburbs, the citizens have very good relations with law enforcement. Police should not be afraid to use deadly force when called for and shouldn't be afraid to confront criminals of any color for fear of political correctness.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:37 PM

I wonder how cities like Austin, Seattle, and Portland will handle crime. So if there's a robbery in progress, they will send a social worker to the store being robbed and they would be like "it's not nice to hold up this store, please give the money back, here's a teddy bear to make you feel loved, if you are poor don't worry, Joe Biden will make sure money is redistributed to you......"

Old 09-11-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Austin, Tx is the only Racist City I’ve ever lived in. Black People confined to the East side of I-35.
I’d never seen anything like it before. Of course that was back on the days that .texas was totally Controlled by Democrats.... which was the history of .Texas until we finally threw the Bums out due to their Corruption.
I've never lived in Austin, but Baltimore, Washington DC and Baton Rouge are very segregated often because blacks insist on their separate "black community" vs integrating into mainstream society.

I don't know why Austin is such a liberal city in Texas. The University of Texas student body seems far more liberal than other Southern universities like LSU, Ole Miss, or the University of Alabama. Do the children of Dallas bankers, Beaumont refinery workers and Panhandle ranchers suddenly become hippies the moment they start college, then go back to being Republican the moment they graduate and move back home?

Old 09-11-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I pay $7.50 to circumvent Austin as I travel through Central Texas.
Money well spent ... Safety First.

You could not pay me enough money to enter .Austin City Limits.
I wonder if the truckers are serious about not driving into cities where the police are defunded. Who is going to supply the Starbucks frappaccinos for those yuppies and hipsters???

Old 09-11-2020, 10:53 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
My daughter is considering UT. It just moved up her list.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:56 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Normally, I could respect your position, but the only thing I'm getting out of this is snark and rudeness. Terms like "escaped your plantation". It reeks of snark and crass. And calling me irrelevant, that was just disrespectful.

As for how I vote, I look out for myself first. I don't think about what helps anyone else when I go to the voting polls. The reason for this is because I understand alot of people are out for themselves.
Over the last four years, more and more of your precious "minorities" escaped the confines of the Democrat plantation and experienced wealth and integration on a level that deeply disturbs the slave owners. If there are no disadvantaged and poor minorities to protect from the almost non-existent, White supremacist threat, what is your purpose? Democrats (and establishment Rhinos) have no platform. So they seek division where it does not exist and burn, loot, and murder in an effort to maintain their plantations, aka, the status quo.

I didn't ask you to respect my opinion. In fact, I stand proud of your disrespect. Your sensitivity is of no regard to me.

Old 09-12-2020, 01:47 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I've never lived in Austin, but Baltimore, Washington DC and Baton Rouge are very segregated often because blacks insist on their separate "black community" vs integrating into mainstream society.

I don't know why Austin is such a liberal city in Texas. The University of Texas student body seems far more liberal than other Southern universities like LSU, Ole Miss, or the University of Alabama. Do the children of Dallas bankers, Beaumont refinery workers and Panhandle ranchers suddenly become hippies the moment they start college, then go back to being Republican the moment they graduate and move back home?
1/30-40 kids at UT are from Beaumont. It's like 60% Houstonians and Dallasites. 10% Austinites, 5% San Antonians, 5% Valley-folk/El Paso and the remaining 10% from around Texas. 10% Out-of-State or International.

It's Liberal because people born in Texas tend to be more Liberal, than folks who move to Texas. Texas is also majority-minority., it's also pooling from liberal leaning areas, like I said SA+Austin+Dallas+Valley+El Paso is where the vast majority of Texas students come from and are either 50-50 Democrat-Republican (Houston and Dallas), which means young people are predominantly democrat or their from SA, Austin, Valley and El Paso which are all Democrat Strongholds.

UT not including foreign students is 44.5% White, 24.5% Hispanic, 22.5% Asian, 5.5% Black, 3.0% 2 or more races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies