Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 11:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Yes they have been programmed, by their parents. This is the generation that always got a trophy, pushed around in an $800 stroller, had every activity and sport scheduled out for them. They were raised being told that they are super duper and special. If anything was less than a perfect outcome, mom and dad would cause a scene if their little special flower was "wronged" in any way. Now that they are somewhat adults, they can do what their parents raised them to do, throw a tantrum when they don't get their way.

Don't take my word for it, talk to a preschool teacher who has been teaching for 30 years or more, and ask them what has changed with the parenting style and how that affects behavior. I bet they all have similar experiences.
A lot of these punks are Millennials and older. I raised Millennials and nobody we know would ever engage in this, and my kids had some friends who came from extremely wealthy families.

I think it's more than this - I just don't know exactly what. Could be a combination of lax parenting and college indoctrination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 12:14 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
A lot of these punks are Millennials and older. I raised Millennials and nobody we know would ever engage in this, and my kids had some friends who came from extremely wealthy families.

I think it's more than this - I just don't know exactly what. Could be a combination of lax parenting and college indoctrination.
Current college students are not Millennials. They belong to what’s currently known as Gen Z.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:26 PM

3,232 posts, read 3,184,355 times
I listened to a podcast from The Economist where Janet Napolitano, former Secretary of Homeland Security under Obama and former head of the University of California, discussed how higher education would fare under COVID. In addition to COVID, she discussed the social justice atmosphere on college campuses and surprisingly, said she promoted free speech and alternative points of view when she was in charge. She said the actual costs were quite high as these lecturers needed extensive security. But she didn't seem concerned--she said that students nowadays didn't want these people on campus, and needed to be educated that free speech was necessary. But nothing to say that all colleges need to address this systematic closing of the minds. She seemed rather cavalier about it.

She also was rather light-hearted about the Portland riots, saying that Portland had an extensive history of protests and of course these types of demonstrations are routine in that area. I couldn't help but wonder if the roles were reversed--if liberal speech was suppressed on college campuses, or if MAGA-hat wearing rioters were destroying and looting, would so many consider these actions as typical, and something to be endured? I think not.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:27 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,244,716 times
The scene in this video is just one of countless incidents over the past 10 years or so of leftist mobs using intimidation and violence to censor opposing views and physically ban those who hold them from "their" campus.

Anyone who is deigned "right wing" is a target. Their definition casts a wide net that includes any and all Republican Party members, pro-lifers, Trump supporters and even liberal professors guilty of one-off politically incorrect comments.

The mobs are being egged on and in some cases organized by university professors and staff, usually with the tacit support of the deans and administrators who fear for their own jobs. They have been successful in cancelling hundreds, possibly thousands of campus events, lectures etc. and have caused the resignation or termination of many professors and even college presidents.

Those in the know have been warning us of this burgeoning and dangerous "cultural revolution" for years. Many dismissed it as "kids will be kids".

But now the mobs are off campus and on the streets of the cities armed with a college education in intolerance, intimidation and destruction.

Just as in the 1960s this new generation of liberal arts grads will move into society in high level govt. jobs, as activist attorneys, news reporters and worst of all public school teachers incubating and inoculating a new generation.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:27 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,733,894 times
They look and act like walking dead diseased minds zombies only move a little faster. Especially the part where they're locked behind a glass door. Our college campuses have morphed into some alien species as residents.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:31 PM

8,605 posts, read 10,136,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I listened to a podcast from The Economist where Janet Napolitano, former Secretary of Homeland Security under Obama and former head of the University of California, discussed how higher education would fare under COVID. In addition to COVID, she discussed the social justice atmosphere on college campuses and surprisingly, said she promoted free speech and alternative points of view when she was in charge. She said the actual costs were quite high as these lecturers needed extensive security. But she didn't seem concerned--she said that students nowadays didn't want these people on campus, and needed to be educated that free speech was necessary. But nothing to say that all colleges need to address this systematic closing of the minds. She seemed rather cavalier about it.

She also was rather light-hearted about the Portland riots, saying that Portland had an extensive history of protests and of course these types of demonstrations are routine in that area. I couldn't help but wonder if the roles were reversed--if liberal speech was suppressed on college campuses, or if MAGA-hat wearing rioters were destroying and looting, would so many consider these actions as typical, and something to be endured? I think not.
Janet talks out both sides of her mouth and shouldn't be trusted.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:31 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Attacking people to convince them to disarm and defund the police.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
You tuber provoking for profit.

More agendas than people.

Given their age, likely very few will vote for anyone.

All, including the provoker, are goofs.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:52 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,584,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Again, no one is forced to talk to her.

Don't want to look like an idiot on youtube?

Walk the other way when you see her.

I saw a video of her interviewing a couple of less violent but totally clueless young left wingers about police shootings.

She asked "based on how the media portrays police shootings of blacks, how many unarmed black people do you think were killed by police in the last year?"

One answered "thousands"

The other ansewerd "at least 10 per day".

The correct answer is 9....in the entire last year.

So apparently, there's a whole lot of ignorant leftists out there for her to interview.
It does not matter. Decent verbal communication and fast thinking is a relatively rare combination to find. Many cd posters writing decent messages would be at a loss of words if confronted by an aspiring youtube propagandist on a mission. She would find dirt one way or another. That's her youtube niche.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times
Bunch of woke morons. Pay your student loans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies