Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 08:49 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times

Advertisements

Why didn't Chris Wallace ask Trump about his tweet from a few months ago when he retweeted a clip of one of his supporters yelling "white power" amid the whole Floyd/BLM protests? Trump later deleted it among backlash, I know Tim Scott was particularly disappointed with it.

If they're trying to paint Trump as a racist, wouldn't it have been better to ask Trump directly about his reason for tweeting that video rather than play gotcha with Trump on something like the Proud Boys which he has repeatedly denied knowing anything about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 08:55 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,536 times
Why is the left so obsessed with race?

Old 10-01-2020, 08:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Why didn't Chris Wallace ask Trump about his tweet from a few months ago when he retweeted a clip of one of his supporters yelling "white power" amid the whole Floyd/BLM protests? Trump later deleted it among backlash, I know Tim Scott was particularly disappointed with it.

If they're trying to paint Trump as a racist, wouldn't it have been better to ask Trump directly about his reason for tweeting that video rather than play gotcha with Trump on something like the Proud Boys which he has repeatedly denied knowing anything about?
He will get right on that after Joe Biden explains his racist remarks about Indians and Dunkin Donut shops.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:02 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post

Its cheap. Bernie Sanders was talking about class warfare.

The enemy of Sanders is this guy:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-dimon-65634172

The nerve center of the powerful enemy of the current Democratic party is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_park

I mean its nothing new. The Robber Barron's always used this tactic. Maybe its a good thing given the Marxist alternative.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:11 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
Quote:
I'm a libertarian. And I'm not obsessed with race at all. I'm just pointing out that if they're going to try to paint Trump as some kind of a racist, then his retweet of a White Power video would be a better argument for it than trying to associate him with some fringe group he doesn't even know.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:22 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times
Quote:

Have you ever promoted a video where someone is shouting "white power"? If not, what would you say if your president does exactly that? Answer me in simple language and don't spin it.

I am not sure why right wingers keep claiming Trump is a private citizen when it comes to his BS like this? If he wanted to remain a private citizen he should have stayed in his hole and keep doing what he was/has been doing for so many decades - nobody would be "obsessed" what he says.

Old 10-01-2020, 12:28 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Why did Wallace forget he asked the same loaded question FOUR YEARS AGO and Trump answered very clearly? Wallace is a **** stirring beotch!!!

Old 10-01-2020, 12:31 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Why didn’t Wallace ask Biden about his “you ain’t black “ comment????
Or about his “they”ll put you back in chains comment” ??
Or about saying Obama is a black man who is clean and articulate.
Or that he didn’t want his kids going to jungle schools????

Old 10-01-2020, 12:31 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Why didn’t Wallace ask Biden about his comments regarding his “friend and mentor”, KKK leader Robert Byrd?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBQYApjSa4

Old 10-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Because Wallace isn't trying to "paint Trump as a racist", and I think anyone paying attention realizes it was an inadvertent tweet.

It's extremely unlikely Trump heard the White Power slogan shouted before re-tweeting, as anyone who's trying to be fair can figure out.

And Wallace is trying to be fair.

So, there's your answer.

There's PLENTY to criticize Trump for, without making stuff up and imagining something inadvertent was purposeful.

That's the fodder for internet forums, not responsible presidential debates.

Last edited by ClaraC; 10-01-2020 at 01:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies