Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 11:29 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,677,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
i don't have to be a cop to know the cops in Louisiana who killed Jeremy Mardis, the 6 year-old autistic boy, were crazy.
Without a doubt, we the police need a lot better training for dealing with situations like that. I have two autistic children and the idea of them interacting with the police is terrifying. When an autistic kid is in a meltdown, it takes a special touch to calm them down.

The problem with the Democrats approach: More training means more money. #DefundThePolice will make matters worse, not better. Less police with worse training only leads to more screw ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:40 AM

6,906 posts, read 3,293,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Most of them are not. They tend to spew typical Republican rhetoric and carry on with the behaviors typical of them. Republicans have plenty disrespect for law enforcement when it suits them.
Uh, no - If what you said was true, why would Democratic Governors not want it to stop. Democratic activists are the ones that disrespect law enforcement and frankly local businesses with these riots.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
This is Trump's America. Riots for the last 3.5 months. High unemployment. Lying to America about coronavirus. But yeah... let's give him four more years!
Everything you are saying is after virus impact. We had the lowest unemployment in over 50 years before COVID. Antifa and BLM Riots are supported by Dems that seem to support anything for political gain, not Trump. It is amazing how Trump gets blame for the bad behavior by the left. "He made me so mad I had to do something" - what BS.

Last edited by ddeemo; 09-14-2020 at 12:42 PM..

Old 09-14-2020, 12:01 PM

13,991 posts, read 4,422,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Uh, no - If what you said was true, why would Democratic Governors not want it to stop. Democratic activists are the ones that disrespect law enforcement and frankly local businesses with these riots.

Police unions endorsed democrat because of democrat strong support for worker unions in general.

But not this year. NYPD union and FOP, two of the largest police unions/organizations in the country, are now endorsing Trump.

It does not take a genius to figure out why these police unions are doing about face.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:17 PM

15,072 posts, read 6,103,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
That post was discussing interactions with police surrounding coronavirus. Those were largely right wingers. As far as violence/rioters and vandals in the current protests, there are extremists on both sides that have been arrested. More on the left have been harassing people for no apparent reason though.

Both sides have their crazies.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:26 PM

15,072 posts, read 6,103,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Was Reine's comment edited, or is this from a different thread? I didn't see any references to your religious beliefs in the post you quoted.

You work in corrections?
No. I do not work in corrections.

Rachel is referring to a different thread where she quoted me and stated as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Very few alt-rights. It is overwhelmingly the leftist ANTIFA. Your side is the one creating mayhem and destruction throughout the nation, with the Dem Leaders enabling it.
My response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
There you go with the foolish comments. I have no side in this. People like you who worship politics instead of God cannot seem to grasp that.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 09-14-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-14-2020, 12:33 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,267,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Seems like this would have been a big story at one time. I imagine its just back page news today.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...0QYtxdimMQo9K8

Thank you for starting this thread.

I have a long-lost friend from California with whom I recently connected with, after about 43 years. This is what her last FB Post says, "If you are rooting for the death of Cops, remove yourself from my page, we are not friends, no exit speech needed. Just leave!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump was the one who knew the truth and lied through his teeth about it.

Your point...?
I live in a very very liberal town, been economically depressed starting in the early 80s, a huge amount of folks living in poverty. I went to school with the Sheriff, have known his family for many years, his mom was my English teacher in 9th grade, that type of thing. He ran as a "democrat" and won. He has yet to be removed after over 13 years, but he basically had to get on the ticket that way to even be considered. I personally don't consider him to be a "democrat" but hey that's just me, yada yada, ymmv.

In any case, the recent change of law which enabled cops to leave the union took effect and I say almost the whole City Police force jump ship and quit the union. I rejoined the union just to see what they were about and if I could help it/ it could help me. It is a mess and I am in a spot where I had to leave the union. Oh, they have still been charging me my dues for over a year now and they claim they will make it right. They owe me over 340 bucks.

What good are unions, seriously? Another topic for another day, but wrt cops, I wonder how they will fare during and after this election.

Things don't look good for democrats.

I personally refuse to let a single one of them take me nor my family down and I aim to get my gloat on for another four years.

Stay tuned and...

Happy Voting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
These Democrats are sick....anyone that supports these idiots are equally culpable.
That's disgusting.

That is just another Joe Biden Rally.

I think all those folks obstructing the activity at the hospital and cheering on the attempted murder of those Sheriff's Deputies should be charged with and arrested for aiding and abetting.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-14-2020 at 01:12 PM..

Old 09-14-2020, 12:40 PM

12,682 posts, read 6,677,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Police unions endorsed democrat because of democrat strong support for worker unions in general.

But not this year. NYPD union and FOP, two of the largest police unions/organizations in the country, are now endorsing Trump.

It does not take a genius to figure out why these police unions are doing about face.
You are a police union. You have two choices. On the one hand, you have the party going all in for #DefundThePolice and #DisbandThePolice, while bailing criminal rioters out of prison, refusing to prosecute the people you arrest and the entire Black Lives Matter cop killer movement. On the other you have strong vocal support for the police, calls for law and order and the whole #BlueLivesMatter movement.

Like you said, it ain't rocket science figuring this one out.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
i don't have to be a cop to know the cops in Louisiana who killed Jeremy Mardis, the 6 year-old autistic boy, were crazy.
Lets ignore that that was over 5 years ago and happened under Obama/Biden - still Trumps fault.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:50 PM

29,417 posts, read 22,301,920 times
A graphic photo of the female officer was released, with the permission of her family and the Sheriff's department. Despite being shot in the jaw, she still radioed for help and put a tourniquet on her partner.

Graphic Photo Shows Female Compton Deputy After Shooting

Quote:
A graphic photo of a wounded female sheriff’s deputy – approved for release by the families of the wounded deputies and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in California – was shared by a local journalist. He described how the unidentified female deputy managed to help her partner even while she was shot through the jaw herself.

Journalist Bill Melugin of Fox 11 Los Angeles wrote, “LASD & the families of the two ambushed deputies have given me permission to show this graphic photo of the moment after they were shot. I’m told female deputy was shot through jaw, still radioed for help & applied tourniquet to male deputy’s wounds. Both stable now. @FOXLA.”
Meanwhile, the Lynwood city manager tweeted a pictured of Malcolm X with the quote about chickens coming home to roost. The city of Lynwood responded by saying that was his opinion only.

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status...15033300131845

Imagine the furor if any city manager made disparaging remarks about, let's say, Black people, and used the "N-word" multiple times. There would be outrage galore and demands for him to resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies