Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 07:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I've been in law enforcement since Obama/Biden administration. I'd say the present climate started under Obama/Biden and continues on to Trump.

I drove to Dallas with 2 other people to honor the 5 fallen officers shot dead by a BLM sympathizer in 2016. I'm sure you remember that shooting, right?
This is the claim by many conservatives. That the attack on police escalated and it was because of Obama.

So Trump becomes President and there is no decline -- no change.

But somehow we are better off with Trump.

Seems way more violent now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 07:26 AM

26,447 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That is an underclass that has become hardened over the years. I don’t see it as left/right issue.
I see it as a left/right issue.

Studies show that people on the right when they fail they are far more likely to blame internal reasons like their own choices. When people on the left fail they are far more likely to blame external sources like systemic racism.

I personally work with a leftist teacher who literally teaches students (including minority ones) that ALL whites have an advantage over ALL blacks in the USA.

Once I tried to politely argue this with him in the computer lab as he was telling it to students. I said don't Sasha and Malia Obama have advantages with political connections, business connections, being in the top 1% for wealth, having 2 parents with ivy-league degrees over some poor white growing up in a single parent home? The teacher said no. That a poor white growing up in a single parent home has more advantages in life than Sasha and Malia Obama.

To any student that bought that what do they think their odds of success are?

It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why try if I am set to fail due to systemic racism stacking the deck against me. Look I didn't try and I failed, systemic racism is real.

If when you fail the cause is internal sources it breeds a sense of hope and happiness as you have control. If when you fail it is an external source it breeds a sense of bitterness at those who set you up to fail. Multiple studies have shown that conservatives report being happier than liberals and this is a worldwide phenomenon.

I once had a couple students depressed because Michelle Obama was talking about how they couldn't afford basic things when Barack was a US Senator and saying what chance do I have. I hit pause on my lesson plan and showed how it was likely "politics" and of course I did it very gently as the kids worshipped Obama, but I am like look at the value of their Chicago home. 2 people with law degrees from Ivy League? They were likely doing fine.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 09-13-2020 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-13-2020, 07:27 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,769,826 times
OMG, democrat criminals now want to kill cops openly?

Old 09-13-2020, 07:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,494,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's not a matter of who is president, right now the DNC terrorism is backed by Democrat leaders at the state and local levels....and the US is not a dictatorship. If we want things to stop, we need to vote Democrats out of office at every level to make them pay for the terrorism campaign the DNC is currently waging against the country rather than rewarding them for it.
And what makes it scarier is that Harris is encouraging donations to the MMF - a fund set up to bail rioters out of jail and put them back on the street. And let’s face it, if Dementia Joe wins, it’s only a matter of months until the DNC succeeds in installing a far-leftist, black female that nobody wanted as president.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:28 AM

18,779 posts, read 18,112,063 times
Here is a link to the video of the shooting: https://twitter.com/LASDHQ/status/13...or-their-lives.

Somebody tell me if the shooter does not look like a kid?

Old 09-13-2020, 07:28 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,955,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I strongly dislike Trump. He has failed as a president. Back in February I said I would vote for a moderate Democrat if they got the nomination or the libertarian candidate if it wasn't a moderate Democrat.

I am likely going to vote for Trump to give a middle finger to these terrorists in our streets. I will not enjoy doing it, but the far left has gone insane on culture and bent over backwards to excuse this BS in our streets.
A lot of what is going on can be placed in Trumps lap.
He has done everything in this nation to turn people against each other.
If you gave me a piece of paper to make a list on who Trump has not insulted in this country, it would be blank.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And what makes it scarier is that Harris is encouraging donations to the MMF - a fund set up to bail rioters out of jail and out them back on the street. And let’s face it, if Dementia Joe wins, it’s on,y a matter of months until the DNC succeeds in is falling a far-leftist, black female that nobody wanted as president.
The bail fund wasn't for the criminal/violent rioters -- it was for the peaceful protesters.

It isn't for bailing out people charged with violence....it is people charged with unlawful assembling and the like.

But you know truth doesn't matter these days.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:30 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The bail fund wasn't for the criminal/violent rioters -- it was for the peaceful protesters.

It isn't for bailing out people charged with violence....it is people charged with unlawful assembling and the like.

But you know truth doesn't matter these days.
Thank you.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:31 AM

8,597 posts, read 10,132,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We need healing or we are going to lose our democracy in a avalanche of political violence. Trumpism is division, not unity. The first step in righting the ship is to jettison the agitator, the problem - Trump.
Stop shifting blame. Shooting, rioting, burning, ignorance, and a lack of self-awareness is not healing and does nothing to unite us as a country. Progressive thinking is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:31 AM

380 posts, read 125,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It’s not Trump who committed these acts so he can’t blamed for the crimes themselves. However, he has much to do with the present climate of the nation. That’s as far as I would go with that.
President Trump's only contribution to the sickness going on with the left these days is that he had the audacity to beat Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies