Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 03:48 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,444 times

Advertisements

I’m going with cash flow problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 04:04 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What was the ratio of spending between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016? She outspent him by what was it, 3-1 or something? And she still lost.

Indiscriminately throwing money at problems, whether they be schools, or elections, or military spending, or whatever, is just flat-out stupid. Our government does not know or respect this, but President Trump does, because he has had to manage his resources as responsibly as possible as a business owner.

Neither of these two campaigns are going to lack for money. The question is, can they figure out how to deploy the resources that they have, financial and otherwise, in an efficient and effective manner? President Trump showed in 2016 that he could.

But what about the Biden campaign? I guess we will see.
Not running against Hillary this time.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Not running against Hillary this time.
Give us a break. Joe Biden is an even worse candidate than Hillary Clinton was, hard as that might have been to imagine back after the election in 2016.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
I admit, I actually read the article.

It includes scintillating analysis from a professor at a <3,000 student University whose most famous alumni was the manager of fictional "WKRP in Cincinatteeeeeee". And the other commenter was the head of the Ohio Dem Party. Hmmmm...

then we could get serious and analyze the value of TV vs online ads. Or that the TV buy might have been for a 2-week period, and they're going to wait until mid-October.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:43 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I admit, I actually read the article.

It includes scintillating analysis from a professor at a <3,000 student University whose most famous alumni was the manager of fictional "WKRP in Cincinatteeeeeee". And the other commenter was the head of the Ohio Dem Party. Hmmmm...

then we could get serious and analyze the value of TV vs online ads. Or that the TV buy might have been for a 2-week period, and they're going to wait until mid-October.
It remains a fact that the Trump campaign made a $5.5 million ad buy in Ohio and apparently a few other states although the article did not name those. And then they canceled that ad buy.

You can put whatever interpretation on that fact you want, but you cannot change the underlying fact.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:58 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Are they giving up on Ohio or just running out of money?

President Trump pulls ad buy in Ohio; Is Buckeye State still in play?

The cupboard is bare. No one is donating to the Trump campaign.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What was the ratio of spending between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016? She outspent him by what was it, 3-1 or something? And she still lost.

Indiscriminately throwing money at problems, whether they be schools, or elections, or military spending, or whatever, is just flat-out stupid. Our government does not know or respect this, but President Trump does, because he has had to manage his resources as responsibly as possible as a business owner.

Neither of these two campaigns are going to lack for money. The question is, can they figure out how to deploy the resources that they have, financial and otherwise, in an efficient and effective manner? President Trump showed in 2016 that he could.

But what about the Biden campaign? I guess we will see.
I live in Alabama, but I live in the Pensacola-Destin- Fort Walton - Panama City Market.

While CLinton may have out spent Trump, special issues groups clearly outspent Dems.

Right now, a commercial about riots coming to your neighborhood plays about every 30 minutes. Its not for a candidate, and it doesnt mention Biden, so it doesnt get counted as a " Trump ad" or spending, but it absolutely is.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:19 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,102,677 times
538 has Trump up a point in Ohio.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-general/ohio/

Old 09-13-2020, 07:24 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Trump will win Ohio easily, it’s been trending red for a while now. Far too many middle class white people for Dems.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:25 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
He realized he can win there easily without it.
I'm thinking the same, the ad money may be better suited towards states that are closer to being up for grabs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies